PDA

View Full Version : QB's available I'd take over Vick

The Juice Is Loose
07-28-2009, 11:35 AM
Ok, with all this Vick BS coming up, and with having to wait til 7 tonight to hear about any camp developments, I figured I'd compile a list of QB's we could sign TODAY that would be better for the team than Vick.

THIS IS MY OPINION! THIS IS BASED ON WHAT I HAVE SEEN HAPPEN IN THE NFL OVER THE PAST 22 YEARS OF MY LIFE! YOU PROBABLY WON'T AGREE! (it's not my fault I'm smarter than you)

1. Brian Griese - Experienced. Solid. Smart. This is the type of backup QB that would be perfect for Buffalo. He wouldn't have anybody holding up Griese signs during Trent's starts, but should Trent get dinged up I'd feel pretty confident in Brian's ability to manage the offense, and get the ball in the hands of Lynch n Co. He's never had weapons like we have now.

2. Jeff George - He's got a video out and former NFL Defensive Coordinator Ron Zook has said he still has all the tools to play in the NFL. Hey I'll probably get called "stupid" for saying this, but I'm going off the word of a d-coordinator we've all heard of. You don't get heard of for sucking, usually.

(NOTE - I am not even saying that I WANT Jeff George. All I am saying is I would PREFER to sign him over Vick)

3. JP Losman - Yes I would rather have JP as a backup than Vick. He's familiar with our system, (sort of ha ha) and he hasn't tortured anything or been to prison lately.

If Josh Freeman wins the starting Job in Tampa, I'd offer Roscoe and Fitzpatrick for Byron Leftwich. I'd rather do that than sign Vick.

The team I could see making a serious run at him would be Pittsburgh. I'm not racist but I feel that African Americans are the people pushing for Vick's return the most, and they have an African American head coach. Rapelisberger--err, I mean Roethlisberger is in trouble and they have nothing behind him. Vick should go here.

Captain gameboy
07-28-2009, 11:43 AM
I'd take my golden retriever over Jeff George.

The Juice Is Loose
07-28-2009, 11:46 AM
hey, he's a douche but he can play. well he could anyway. i haven't seen this video. you gotta figure for a 41 year old he probably has low mileage compaired to say, Vinny Testaverde who played into his 40's but played a lot every year along the way.

if bill belicheck would sign Testaverde would it be that crazy for him to sign George? He'd be the perfect backup to Brady.

THATHURMANATOR
07-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Ok, with all this Vick BS coming up, and with having to wait til 7 tonight to hear about any camp developments, I figured I'd compile a list of QB's we could sign TODAY that would be better for the team than Vick.

THIS IS MY OPINION! THIS IS BASED ON WHAT I HAVE SEEN HAPPEN IN THE NFL OVER THE PAST 22 YEARS OF MY LIFE! YOU PROBABLY WON'T AGREE! (it's not my fault I'm smarter than you)

1. Brian Griese - Experienced. Solid. Smart. This is the type of backup QB that would be perfect for Buffalo. He wouldn't have anybody holding up Griese signs during Trent's starts, but should Trent get dinged up I'd feel pretty confident in Brian's ability to manage the offense, and get the ball in the hands of Lynch n Co. He's never had weapons like we have now.

2. Jeff George - He's got a video out and former NFL Defensive Coordinator Ron Zook has said he still has all the tools to play in the NFL. Hey I'll probably get called "stupid" for saying this, but I'm going off the word of a d-coordinator we've all heard of. You don't get heard of for sucking, usually.

(NOTE - I am not even saying that I WANT Jeff George. All I am saying is I would PREFER to sign him over Vick)

3. JP Losman - Yes I would rather have JP as a backup than Vick. He's familiar with our system, (sort of ha ha) and he hasn't tortured anything or been to prison lately.

If Josh Freeman wins the starting Job in Tampa, I'd offer Roscoe and Fitzpatrick for Byron Leftwich. I'd rather do that than sign Vick.

The team I could see making a serious run at him would be Pittsburgh. I'm not racist but I feel that African Americans are the people pushing for Vick's return the most, and they have an African American head coach. Rapelisberger--err, I mean Roethlisberger is in trouble and they have nothing behind him. Vick should go here.
Hilarious!!! JEFF GEORGE!!!! JP LOSMAN????? HOLY ****.

Jaybird
07-28-2009, 11:50 AM
[quote=The Juice Is Loose]Ok, with all this Vick BS coming up, and with having to wait til 7 tonight to hear about any camp developments, I figured I'd compile a list of QB's we could sign TODAY that would be better for the team than Vick.

1-NO
2-He was never a good QB... just had a rocket arm
3-He is jeff George
4- very stupid trade.

therefore vick over any of those boys

THATHURMANATOR
07-28-2009, 11:50 AM
hey, he's a douche but he can play. well he could anyway. i haven't seen this video. you gotta figure for a 41 year old he probably has low mileage compaired to say, Vinny Testaverde who played into his 40's but played a lot every year along the way.

if bill belicheck would sign Testaverde would it be that crazy for him to sign George? He'd be the perfect backup to Brady.
Where do you get that he can play? He hasn't thrown a pass in the NFL since 2001!! WTF. Going on DECADE.

The Juice Is Loose
07-28-2009, 11:52 AM
I'm just saying I'd take him over Vick. Vick never did throw a good ball and he hasn't played in about 3 years.

2009-2001=8
2009-2006=3

5 years difference and I'd take an old school gun slinger over a scrambley 50% pass completer any day.

justasportsfan
07-28-2009, 11:53 AM

:roflmao: I'd rather have Maybin play qb.

THATHURMANATOR
07-28-2009, 12:04 PM
I'm just saying I'd take him over Vick. Vick never did throw a good ball and he hasn't played in about 3 years.

2009-2001=8
2009-2006=3

5 years difference and I'd take an old school gun slinger over a scrambley 50% pass completer any day.
Dude just stop it. You are being ridiculous.

In 2001 George threw a couple passes and was a washed up backup.

In 2006 Vick threw 20 tds, 13 ints and passed for 2500 yards and rushed for 1000.

THATHURMANATOR
07-28-2009, 12:04 PM
:roflmao: I'd rather have Maybin play qb.
Me too man!!!

Nighthawk
07-28-2009, 12:21 PM
Hilarious!!! JEFF GEORGE!!!! JP LOSMAN????? HOLY ****.

Do you expect anything less...look who started the thread!

Dr. Lecter
07-28-2009, 12:24 PM
I can see Griese. I agree on Leftwich. And argument could be made for JP, albeit a weak one.

But Jeff George???????????????

elltrain22
07-28-2009, 03:09 PM
I am def' feelin ya on Brian Greise. I have waiting for us to pick this guy up ever since he was released. Why they haven't contacted him yet could end up being a mistake if Trent misses time.

jamze132
07-28-2009, 03:18 PM
I'll take Michael Vick for $500, Alex.

DRELOVESBills
07-28-2009, 09:03 PM
I was ok with this post until you threw the race card in there!! Dude it doesn't matter what ****ing color you are, if you are a good teammate and can play the other players will want you

Joe Fo Sho
07-28-2009, 09:06 PM
It seems like you got a pretty good hard on for this guy.

DrGraves
07-28-2009, 09:10 PM
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! MIKE VICK IS A HALL OF FAME QB and ONE OF THE MOST TALENTED PLAYERS TO EVER PLAY THE GAME. If you put his legal record aside no one can argue that

The Juice Is Loose
07-28-2009, 09:14 PM
you guys don't even read what i say. i was simply implying that i don't want vick. obviously i wouldn't actually sign george, but if i had only 2 qb's in the world and i'm looking for a SUITABLE BACKUP to trent edwards, i'd choose those guys over vick.

i threw jeff george in there because i read an article today about how he wants back in. if your looking for a backup your looking for a backup. not the top story on espn every night and a guy with questionable mental issues, a prison sentence. lets not forget this guy flicked the middle finger at his home fans.

so, whatever, go ahead and blast me. i expect it and am humored by it. but why not give a try to actually reading the things i say instead of scanning them and flipping out on me. i never said lets sign jeff george. my main point was dont sign mike vick.

unpaid_bills
07-28-2009, 09:42 PM
i will add a couple to the list of QBs to take over Vick

1. Billy Joe Hobert: Yes he sucks and has a "hick name" but i just like the name Billy Joe

2. Doug Flutie: Yes he is near 50 but still can probably outrun half our team

3. Ryan Leaf: at least he didnt kill animals ....

4. Willie Beemer (aka Jamie Fox character in Any Given Sunday)

5. Pretty much any other available FA Qb out there .. that is my $.02

chernobylwraiths
07-29-2009, 06:40 AM
I'd take my golden retriever over Jeff George.

Wasn't there and Air Bud movie about him?

Jan Reimers
07-29-2009, 07:11 AM
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! MIKE VICK IS A HALL OF FAME QB and ONE OF THE MOST TALENTED PLAYERS TO EVER PLAY THE GAME. If you put his legal record aside no one can argue that
I can. Calling Michael Vick a Hall of Famer after 6 up and down seasons is ludicrous.

Captain gameboy
07-29-2009, 07:17 AM
Wasn't there and Air Bud movie about him?

Its a her, and this thread, suggesting that Jeff George is a better option than Vick is a classic, in a very bad way.

Dujek
07-29-2009, 08:11 AM

Um no.

Michael Vick wouldn't have ever made it into the Hall of Fame before he got himself arrested, and he certainly isn't going to make it in now.

This is the only post I've seen in a long time that's come close to the level of stupid shown in the post that started this thread.

TigerJ
07-29-2009, 10:12 AM
I am certainly interested in Griese. I think Leftwich can still play. I'd worry about his performance with a less than stellar offensive line however.

RamblingMisnomer
07-29-2009, 10:42 AM
There about 15 QB's Id take a shot at before Vick, none of them you listed though, and that's not because Vick is that bad, or was that bad before I should say. It simply because he's been out of football too long imo.

Mr. Pink
07-29-2009, 01:30 PM
To the thread starter....

You use a reason to not want Vick is because he's been out of football right?

But then, you'll take Jeff George?

Makes complete sense to me. Brilliant. Maybe we can coax Sean Salisbury out of retirement while we're at it.

Philagape
07-29-2009, 09:42 PM

I assume this is sarcasm

The Juice Is Loose
07-30-2009, 01:42 AM
To the thread starter....

You use a reason to not want Vick is because he's been out of football right?

But then, you'll take Jeff George?

Makes complete sense to me. Brilliant. Maybe we can coax Sean Salisbury out of retirement while we're at it.

you didn't read my follow up. i wasn't implying i actually want to sign jeff george.

X-Era
07-30-2009, 06:06 AM

He cannot play, he could only throw. Has the guy EVER been all that good?

Hemlepp53
07-30-2009, 10:26 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing Byron sitting behind Trent. I have always thought Leftwich was a decent QB capable of starting over some of the current starters in the leauge.