Cunningham was abetter passer and an all around qb than Vick
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Feb 2009

Re: List of teams that have won a Super Bowl with a "Slash" Quarterback

Damn right. Randall Cunningham was what Vick wanted to be. He could run, make the crazy play, but when called on to drop back and make a throw he could do it as good as most guys.

If it weren't for Elway, Marino, Kelly, Simms, Moon and Montana Cunningham would've been a steady pro bowler.

Wow look at that list. We don't have half the amount of "rock solid" QB's in the league anymore.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by The Juice Is Loose
        The end.
        I totally agree, sure running QB's may be exciting and an even win you some games, but they wont bring you to the promised land.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Juice Is Loose
          The end.

That pretty much sums it up.

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

How many slash QBs have there been? There percentage of the general QB population is rather low too, wouldn't you say?
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
              There percentage of the general QB population is rather low too, wouldn't you say?
              makes you wonder why .
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• kid mickey
                • Apr 2009

Randel El is/was a slash. In fact I believe he threw the T.D that Hines Ward caught against Seattle for the winning T.D. Yes, I do consider him as a slash player because he was a QB in college and he takes snaps as a QB in the pros. He also ran the football. So I guess it would depend on your definition of slash.
                Last edited by kid mickey; 07-28-2009, 12:48 PM.
                Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  makes you wonder why .
                  Not really. It takes a world class athlete. There aren't too many Michael Vicks.
                  "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

micheal vick got the falcons to the NFC championship game and won in coldweather.

Kordell stewart took his team to the AFC Championship game.

Cunningham was a winner.

People put Mcnabb as a running QB even though he's a good pocket passer.

Steve Young knew how to scramble.

Not that i want vick, but versatile QB's who have wheels have the ability to take teams to the playoffs. at this point, i'd love to get to the playoffs.

Comment

• kwharter
                      • Feb 2004

What about Steve Young, he did it all. He even won a super bowl

Comment

• kid mickey
                        • Apr 2009

Randel El. Randel El. Randel El. I'm going to keep posting Randel El until somebody acknowledges it.
                        Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                          Pinkerton's son
                          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by kid mickey
                          Randel El. Randel El. Randel El. I'm going to keep posting Randel El until somebody acknowledges it.
                          He isnt a QB. This discussion is focused on QB's who run, not WR's to sometimes throw the ball. LT has like 4 passing td's, doesnt make him a slash QB

Comment

• kid mickey
                            • Apr 2009

Randel El is a slash by definition. QB in college who ran and threw. Grew into WR in pros. Plays all three. Makes him a slash.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                              • Jul 2003

This is kind of dumb premise.

Who says Vick has to play QB? The guy is an incredible athlete and a great runner. Even if he doesn't play QB, that kind of weapon on offense would be a boost to any team.

Leaving aside Vick's legal issues and how anyone feels about what he went to jail for, you can't deny the guy is a unique athletic talent. A creative coaching staff will find ways to utilize that talent, whether that means him throwing or running with the football. It would be an extra weapon to be accounted for, which is a help for any team.

It comes down to whether a team wants to deal with the other stuff. The talent isn't in question.

Comment

Working...
                              X