PDA

View Full Version : T.O. Twitters About his Frustration With Unnecessary Meetings

raphael120
07-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Good am everyone!! Hope everyone had a restful sleep! I'm off 2 practice n about 40 mins. Jus got outta mtgs which were unnecessary. Agghhhh

Why do I have a feeling that at some point this season if we end up losing and losing due to coach ineptitude (gee, what are the chances?) that T.O. is going to openly criticize the coaches? And why do I not care one bit?

I love having the optimism but I just find myself taking a blow to that optimism everytime I realize who are coaches are and how none of them have accomplished ANYTHING. Jauron, Schonert, etc. Bobby April is the only one who acts like he knows what the hell is going on.

The Juice Is Loose
07-28-2009, 06:14 PM
Good grief stop talking about Twitter. It's ***** STUPID!

A players facebook status or twitter status has ZERO to do with FOOTBALL.

Stop talking about it.

DMBcrew36
07-28-2009, 06:44 PM
I think most people working in the professional world have to deal with meetings that were meaningless or took longer than needed.

He can complain if he wants - it's just Twitter.

The Spaz
07-28-2009, 06:51 PM
I just think he's saying he hates meetings which is probably true with most football players.

GreedoII
07-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Another Twitter moron thread....

The Spaz
07-28-2009, 06:55 PM

Stop talking about it.

Well on Twitter it was said wood signed that can't be true then...:topdog2:

BillsWin
07-28-2009, 07:00 PM
TO has played in the league long enough to where alot of these meetings ARE unnecessary. However, he has expressed nothing but excitement and eagerness to participate in camp. In fact, from what I have heard, he has been like a freshman in high school eager to start his first round of two a days.

Meathead
07-28-2009, 07:11 PM
and it begins

ServoBillieves
07-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Didn't get that one from him... did get his one about how he loves being himself and Buffalo and doesn't really have a timetable to leave.

Nighthawk
07-28-2009, 07:44 PM
Why do I have a feeling that at some point this season if we end up losing and losing due to coach ineptitude (gee, what are the chances?) that T.O. is going to openly criticize the coaches? And why do I not care one bit?

I love having the optimism but I just find myself taking a blow to that optimism everytime I realize who are coaches are and how none of them have accomplished ANYTHING. Jauron, Schonert, etc. Bobby April is the only one who acts like he knows what the hell is going on.

I agree...I'm excited for the season, but it is dampened with the thought that this team has to overcome bad coaching to get to the playoffs. It's just so frustrating knowing that the HC of your team is just not that good. I guess we can hope for a miracle...the city of Buffalo is due one, right?!?!?

Goobylal
07-28-2009, 07:52 PM
I agree...I'm excited for the season, but it is dampened with the thought that this team has to overcome bad coaching to get to the playoffs. It's just so frustrating knowing that the HC of your team is just not that good. I guess we can hope for a miracle...the city of Buffalo is due one, right?!?!?
Sometimes good players (and/or cheating) can make you look better. Just look at Belichick with the Browns as HC, and then with the Patriots.

mercyrule
07-28-2009, 09:49 PM

Stop talking about it.Unless he's Twittering about football. Obviously.

Oaf
07-28-2009, 09:52 PM
I don't mind the twitter updates. I'm not a big TO fan yet but for 10 year vets, these beginning of TC mtgs probably are same story, same story.

tampabay25690
07-28-2009, 10:15 PM
WOW twitter updates...

I HATE MEETINGS too......ITS PART OF WORK

MikeInRoch
07-28-2009, 10:43 PM
I'm sorry, but worrying about a twitter message about someone who doesn't like a meeting? Who DOES like meetings? Maybe it's a league mandated topic that doesn't apply, WHO KNOWS?

Is it really at the point where we need to read this much into EVERY FREAKING LITTLE THING??

ServoBillieves
07-28-2009, 10:55 PM
PS... you know how each big player has their own sign in front of people they sponsor? Apparently T.O. wants it to be Terrell's Tweeters -_-. That would be disturbing, otherwise I don't care.

feldspar
07-29-2009, 12:01 AM
Good God, T.O. is going to publicly complain about an "unnecessary meeting" when he is making $6.5 million this year? Hell, it's not even a full year's worth of work, either. He gets MONTHS off.

This guy just might be on the verge of not knowing when to shut his mouth. LOL.

feldspar
07-29-2009, 12:08 AM
TO has played in the league long enough to where alot of these meetings ARE unnecessary.

Half the ***** I do is unnecessary.

Posting on Twitter is unnecessary, and responding every single little thing Owens says is unnecessary.

Could be that somebody was helped by that meeting, rendering it useful, though. Who really cares anyway? I don't care, but I can see Twitter posts like this one feeding the monster. You'll have people talking about about how T.O. said this...I wouldn't be surprised to see ESPN take a negative spin on this tomorrow.

ServoBillieves
07-29-2009, 12:11 AM
Half the ***** I do is unnecessary.

Posting on Twitter is unnecessary, and responding every single little thing Owens says is unnecessary.

Could be that somebody was helped by that meeting, rendering it useful, though. Who really cares anyway? I don't care, but I can see Twitter posts like this one feeding the monster. You'll have people talking about about how T.O. said this...I wouldn't be surprised to see ESPN take a negative spin on this tomorrow.

The ESPN intern who masturbates to T.O.'s twitter page will have it on the top column for Sage Steele tomorrow.

It's sad really, I said the same thing of his thoughts on Vick: Every person in the league has an opinion, but the media is so up T.O.'s ass and the Cowboys ass that the second something comes up it's national news.

Don't Panic
07-29-2009, 03:45 AM
Whether it was on Twitter or to some reporter, it is irrelevant. Point is, he's rocking the boat (surprise!). Maybe the boat needs to be rocked, but I doesn't need to be tipped over, and that's what TO WILL do if things don't go to his liking. We all know that... some are choosing to ignore it seems, though. Veeeeery interesting to see how a good number around here have chosen to forget the TO of old and defend him so willingly. I want the guy to succeed as much as anyone, but I'm not going to pretend I have forgotten the last 10+ years of this guy being a jackass.

BAM
07-29-2009, 05:35 AM
Who DOESN'T hate meetings at their work place?

mercyrule
07-29-2009, 08:20 AM
Yeah, I don't think that's really rocking the boat much.

raphael120
07-29-2009, 09:49 AM
It's not so much that I wrote this because of the Twitter post in itself, but just looking to the future on what might happen.

Could you imagine? Just think about what T.O. would have said had he been on the team when Edwards got injured, JP played, and Jauron makes (another) huge coaching blunder losing us a game. T.O. will not stand for conservative playcalls like running a HB Delay when it's 3rd and 7, or calling a screen when it's 4th and 9.

Jan Reimers
07-29-2009, 10:00 AM
I agree with TO. The best thing about starting my own company several years ago (besides making more money and being able to drink my lunch on occasion) was getting away from endless and pointless corporate meetings.

madness
07-29-2009, 10:41 AM
I agree with TO. The best thing about starting my own company several years ago (besides making more money and being able to drink my lunch on occasion) was getting away from endless and pointless corporate meetings.

You hiring?

BAM
07-29-2009, 11:21 AM
It's not so much that I wrote this because of the Twitter post in itself, but just looking to the future on what might happen.

Could you imagine? Just think about what T.O. would have said had he been on the team when Edwards got injured, JP played, and Jauron makes (another) huge coaching blunder losing us a game. T.O. will not stand for conservative playcalls like running a HB Delay when it's 3rd and 7, or calling a screen when it's 4th and 9.

I'm anxious to see how Jauron handles it. I have yet to see him get very animated. T.O.'s the best challenge he'll ever have.

Jan Reimers
07-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Jauron is probably better equipped emotionally to handle TO than any of his previous coaches. That is, Jauron is emotionally deceased.

RamblingMisnomer
07-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Jauron is probably better equipped emotionally to handle TO than any of his previous coaches. That is, Jauron is emotionally deceased.

Jauron reminds me alot of Wade Phillips though. Players coach, wants his players to like him, not a yeller, likes to try and joke around. TO ate Phillips for lunch. Hopefully Jauron is different but who knows.

Dr. Lecter
07-29-2009, 11:45 AM

On occasion being the days that ended in a 'y'.

Not that I would not do the same thing.

mercyrule
07-29-2009, 12:33 PM
PS... you know how each big player has their own sign in front of people they sponsor? Apparently T.O. wants it to be Terrell's Tweeters -_-. That would be disturbing, otherwise I don't care.Prepare to be disturbed:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitter_production/profile_images/112004075/TerrellOwens_120_normal.jpg (http://twitter.com/terrellowens81)

terrellowens81 (http://twitter.com/terrellowens81)RT:TO's TWEETERS SECTION officially opens 2morr JULY 30th @ the 7p night practice!! To sign-up 4 tix go 2 terrellowens.com & fill out info.