PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Fantasy picks...

lordofgun
05-21-2003, 09:05 AM
If you were drafting right now, who would be top 5 on your board?

1. Priest Holmes - Should be back to full speed in June.
2. Ricky Williams - Sorry Bills fans, He's gonna have another monster year.
3. Clinton Portis - Averaged 5.5 YPC last year, is going to be huge this year.
4. Ladanian Tomlinson - Marty's gonna feature him big time.
5. Marshall Faulk - Won't be the best, but will be close.

I'd put Henry in there, but he'll lose some carries to Gary. Henry should be a sure-fire first rounder though.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-21-2003, 09:26 AM
I would say:

1. Rickey Williams
2. LaDanian Thomlinson
3. Priest Holmes
4. Marshal Faulk
5. Duece Macallister/Shawn Alexander

Pride
05-21-2003, 09:33 AM
Pat Williams
Ricky Williams
Ladanian Tomlinson
Brian Mooreman
David Carr

TypicalBill
05-21-2003, 09:41 AM
Priest Holmes
Ricky Williams
L'Danian Tomlinson
Deuce McCallister
Travis Henry/Donovan McNabb

Mr. Miyagi
05-21-2003, 09:42 AM
:lol: @ Pride

I'd be very weary to take Faulk in top 5. I got burnt by him last year.

I have to ask, where did I say Faulk?

Earthquake Enyart
05-21-2003, 09:55 AM
This is going to be a tough year. A lot of top guys have a lot of questions. The Chiefs must be worried about Holmes to draft the RB early. Will Warner come back? Will Miami's OL hold up? Is Portis a head case? Is Faulk done?

LT might be my #1 pick.

Tatonka
05-21-2003, 10:21 AM
TOP 5

1. Clinton Portis - didnt start 5 games and got 1500+ yards. he would have beat RW's numbers with that kind of production had he been the man from day one.

2. Ladanian Tomlinson - with Boston to open it up some and an improved OL, he should have another very big year. his career will be shortened by all the carries he is getting, but he is not a bill so i dont care, and he should be fine for the next several years.

3. Ricky Williams - ride him till he breaks. no reason to think their passing offense will improve. should be all ricky again this year. numbers will drop some, but they were incredible last year. look for him to have the type of year Henry had last season.

4. Travis Henry - no reason to believe that he will not be a complete stud this year. the whole offense seems to be pointing to him, and i believe he will put up better numbers than last year as he will catch the ball more this season. plus the defense is upgraded. closer games means more henry.

5. Shaun Alexander - the hawks are improving. the qb play improved significantly over the end of last year. they got robinson and jackson resigned. reports are his has been working out like a monster this offseason, including speed school (he never had bad speed to begin with). the defense has also been upgraded, so should provide more chances like with henry. i just think he will be back in the top 5 after a bit of a down year (still was above average last year, but not worthy of the draft spot most people took him at)

*Other guys I think are worthy of top picks:

- Vick - sick. as good as a RB most of the time. the QB points are gravy.. and his receiving corp is improved. cant be worse than last year (bar injury), and could be TONS better. love the guy.

- Edge - just a gut feeling. 2 years removed. he should be a stud again.

- Stephen Davis - he could very well put up top 5 numbers being the horse in carolina.

*Notable exceptions: I will not take these guys

- Faulk - just too many injuries, not enough done to the OL, questions at QB, and bruce is old. he is too big a risk to me.

- Holmes - first, the injury is being kept under wraps to much.. it worries me. have heard comparisons of bo jackson. not good. they wouldnt have drafted johnson there if they werent worried. johnson could be a huge huge value, and if you get priest, you better waste a pick on johnson soon their after.. i will be targeting him later, to trade him to the priest owner.

My Keepers from last season

I set myself up pretty for this season.

1. Portis
2. Henry
3. Vick

:D:evil: :snicker2:

TacklingDummy
05-21-2003, 10:43 AM
I think Holmes is injured alot more then we know of. His injury reminds me of Bo Jackson. And the Chiefs must also be nervous with picking a RB in round 1 this year draft.

Im not gonna pick Holmes in the first round if he's there when I pick. Too risky.

THATHURMANATOR
05-21-2003, 10:56 AM
What is this a running back only league?

lordofgun
05-21-2003, 11:15 AM
Most years, in most scoring systems, only RBs are worthy of top-5 picks.

Earthquake Enyart
05-21-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by TacklingDummy
I think Holmes is injured alot more then we know of. His injury reminds me of Bo Jackson. And the Chiefs must also be nervous with picking a RB in round 1 this year draft.

Im not gonna pick Holmes in the first round if he's there when I pick. Too risky.

I agree with you about Holmes injury.

But, I felt the same about Holmes last year when I passed him up and took Curtis Martin. :doh:

THATHURMANATOR
05-21-2003, 11:21 AM
Agreed. There are going to be quite a few good RBs this year!

THATHURMANATOR
05-21-2003, 11:21 AM
I want to be in a Zoners league against LOG.

THATHURMANATOR
05-21-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
TOP 5

1. Clinton Portis - didnt start 5 games and got 1500+ yards. he would have beat RW's numbers with that kind of production had he been the man from day one.

2. Ladanian Tomlinson - with Boston to open it up some and an improved OL, he should have another very big year. his career will be shortened by all the carries he is getting, but he is not a bill so i dont care, and he should be fine for the next several years.

3. Ricky Williams - ride him till he breaks. no reason to think their passing offense will improve. should be all ricky again this year. numbers will drop some, but they were incredible last year. look for him to have the type of year Henry had last season.

4. Travis Henry - no reason to believe that he will not be a complete stud this year. the whole offense seems to be pointing to him, and i believe he will put up better numbers than last year as he will catch the ball more this season. plus the defense is upgraded. closer games means more henry.

5. Shaun Alexander - the hawks are improving. the qb play improved significantly over the end of last year. they got robinson and jackson resigned. reports are his has been working out like a monster this offseason, including speed school (he never had bad speed to begin with). the defense has also been upgraded, so should provide more chances like with henry. i just think he will be back in the top 5 after a bit of a down year (still was above average last year, but not worthy of the draft spot most people took him at)

*Other guys I think are worthy of top picks:

- Vick - sick. as good as a RB most of the time. the QB points are gravy.. and his receiving corp is improved. cant be worse than last year (bar injury), and could be TONS better. love the guy.

- Edge - just a gut feeling. 2 years removed. he should be a stud again.

- Stephen Davis - he could very well put up top 5 numbers being the horse in carolina.

*Notable exceptions: I will not take these guys

- Faulk - just too many injuries, not enough done to the OL, questions at QB, and bruce is old. he is too big a risk to me.

- Holmes - first, the injury is being kept under wraps to much.. it worries me. have heard comparisons of bo jackson. not good. they wouldnt have drafted johnson there if they werent worried. johnson could be a huge huge value, and if you get priest, you better waste a pick on johnson soon their after.. i will be targeting him later, to trade him to the priest owner.

My Keepers from last season

I set myself up pretty for this season.

1. Portis
2. Henry
3. Vick

:D:evil: :snicker2:

Where's Mcallister? He was a stud last year!!!!

BillC
05-21-2003, 11:23 AM
My top 5

1) Miss January
2) Miss February
3) Miss March
4) Miss April
5) Miss May

THATHURMANATOR
05-21-2003, 11:26 AM
Penthouse or Playboy Bill?

WG
05-21-2003, 11:48 AM
I gotta go w/:

Williams
Portis
Henry
Tomlinson
and Holmes

Williams, as T says, ya gotta ride him til he drops. Besides, he's gonna have an even better receiving game to offset and allow him to dominate.

Portis for the reason, again, as T says, that he amassed what he amassed w/ only 11 starts.

Henry, with the caveat that Gilbride actually does what we've been told this past offseason. He'll easily be among the top 3 or 4 RBs this season w/ 300+ carries. He's getting more receiving too. But it all depends upon how much Gilbride "wants Drew to be the hero." I can easily see Henry having 20+ total TDs if he's the focal point of our O as he should be.

Tomlinson. It'll be easier for him w/ Boston at WR although their schedule is tougher.

Holmes, even w/ the injury, ya can't write him off until it becomes an issue. I wouldn't take him first, but I'd take him after the other 4 are taken. Of course that would be pending news as the season approaches. I don't think Johnson will get much unless and if and only if Holmes' injury becomes an issue. He was simply too much of a one-man wrecking crew to ignore even at the top.

Earthquake Enyart
05-21-2003, 12:06 PM
Henry is only third? :eek:

Mr. Miyagi
05-21-2003, 12:08 PM
Yeah I want in on the zoner league too.

Which site did you use last season to run it? Yahoo?

THATHURMANATOR
05-21-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Yeah I want in on the zoner league too.

Which site did you use last season to run it? Yahoo?

Only if I am in the same division as LOG!:rocker:

WG
05-21-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Henry is only third? :eek:

Henry finished 5th in the league last year in rushing in spite of being highly underused. Portis had nearly 100 more yards on ~ 50 fewer carries.

I can see Henry rushing for more than Tomlinson, but less than Williams and Portis. I see him beating out Holmes due to the injury to Holmes and Johnson being there.

WG
05-21-2003, 12:52 PM
We're gonna be an offensive juggernaut this year as long as we either don't have any injuries to our OL, WRs, or Moore or unless we get some better depth at those 3 positions!

justasportsfan
05-21-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
I gotta go w/:

BRYSON
Williams
Portis
Henry
Tomlinson
and Holmes

:snicker:

:jk:

Pride
05-21-2003, 03:03 PM
Post #1
Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged
Warning Level: 0 [ View User Warnings ] [ Warn This User ]

Today 10:05 AM

TheGhostofJimKelly

Junior Zoner
Posts per day: 9.05
Local Time: 04:02 PM
Zonebucks: 38

I would say:

1. Rickey Williams
2. LaDanian Thomlinson
3. Priest Holmes
4. Marshal Faulk
5. Duece Macallister/Shawn Alexander

"I had fun playing football," said Kelly, the first USFL Hall of Famer. "People ask me how much fun the Buffalo Bills had during those years, and I say, 'Yeah, we had fun. You know why? Because we won -- that's why we had fun.' "

Post #2
Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged
Warning Level: 0 [ View User Warnings ] [ Warn This User ]

Today 10:26 AM

Pride
Super Moderator

BFZ Elite
Posts per day: 5.50
Local Time: 04:02 PM
Zonebucks: 3962

Pat Williams
Ricky Williams
Ladanian Tomlinson
Brian Mooreman
David Carr

Tatonka
05-21-2003, 04:02 PM
damn.. i did forget duece.. i would take him over alexander actually..