• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Top 5 Fantasy picks...

If you were drafting right now, who would be top 5 on your board?

1. Priest Holmes - Should be back to full speed in June.
    2. Ricky Williams - Sorry Bills fans, He's gonna have another monster year.
    3. Clinton Portis - Averaged 5.5 YPC last year, is going to be huge this year.
    4. Ladanian Tomlinson - Marty's gonna feature him big time.
    5. Marshall Faulk - Won't be the best, but will be close.

I'd put Henry in there, but he'll lose some carries to Gary. Henry should be a sure-fire first rounder though.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

I would say:

1. Rickey Williams
    2. LaDanian Thomlinson
    3. Priest Holmes
    4. Marshal Faulk
    5. Duece Macallister/Shawn Alexander

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

Pat Williams
      Ricky Williams
      Ladanian Tomlinson
      Brian Mooreman
      David Carr

Comment

• TypicalBill
        • Sep 2002

Priest Holmes
        Ricky Williams
        L'Danian Tomlinson
        Deuce McCallister
        Travis Henry/Donovan McNabb
        For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

@ Pride

I'd be very weary to take Faulk in top 5. I got burnt by him last year.

I have to ask, where did I say Faulk?

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

This is going to be a tough year. A lot of top guys have a lot of questions. The Chiefs must be worried about Holmes to draft the RB early. Will Warner come back? Will Miami's OL hold up? Is Portis a head case? Is Faulk done?

LT might be my #1 pick.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

TOP 5

1. Clinton Portis - didnt start 5 games and got 1500+ yards. he would have beat RW's numbers with that kind of production had he been the man from day one.

2. Ladanian Tomlinson - with Boston to open it up some and an improved OL, he should have another very big year. his career will be shortened by all the carries he is getting, but he is not a bill so i dont care, and he should be fine for the next several years.

3. Ricky Williams - ride him till he breaks. no reason to think their passing offense will improve. should be all ricky again this year. numbers will drop some, but they were incredible last year. look for him to have the type of year Henry had last season.

4. Travis Henry - no reason to believe that he will not be a complete stud this year. the whole offense seems to be pointing to him, and i believe he will put up better numbers than last year as he will catch the ball more this season. plus the defense is upgraded. closer games means more henry.

5. Shaun Alexander - the hawks are improving. the qb play improved significantly over the end of last year. they got robinson and jackson resigned. reports are his has been working out like a monster this offseason, including speed school (he never had bad speed to begin with). the defense has also been upgraded, so should provide more chances like with henry. i just think he will be back in the top 5 after a bit of a down year (still was above average last year, but not worthy of the draft spot most people took him at)

*Other guys I think are worthy of top picks:

- Vick - sick. as good as a RB most of the time. the QB points are gravy.. and his receiving corp is improved. cant be worse than last year (bar injury), and could be TONS better. love the guy.

- Edge - just a gut feeling. 2 years removed. he should be a stud again.

- Stephen Davis - he could very well put up top 5 numbers being the horse in carolina.

*Notable exceptions: I will not take these guys

- Faulk - just too many injuries, not enough done to the OL, questions at QB, and bruce is old. he is too big a risk to me.

- Holmes - first, the injury is being kept under wraps to much.. it worries me. have heard comparisons of bo jackson. not good. they wouldnt have drafted johnson there if they werent worried. johnson could be a huge huge value, and if you get priest, you better waste a pick on johnson soon their after.. i will be targeting him later, to trade him to the priest owner.

My Keepers from last season

I set myself up pretty for this season.

1. Portis
              2. Henry
              3. Vick

evil: :snicker2:
              Last edited by Tatonka; 05-21-2003, 10:31 AM.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

I think Holmes is injured alot more then we know of. His injury reminds me of Bo Jackson. And the Chiefs must also be nervous with picking a RB in round 1 this year draft.

Im not gonna pick Holmes in the first round if he's there when I pick. Too risky.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

What is this a running back only league?

Comment

• lordofgun
                    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Most years, in most scoring systems, only RBs are worthy of top-5 picks.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                      I think Holmes is injured alot more then we know of. His injury reminds me of Bo Jackson. And the Chiefs must also be nervous with picking a RB in round 1 this year draft.

Im not gonna pick Holmes in the first round if he's there when I pick. Too risky.
                      I agree with you about Holmes injury.

But, I felt the same about Holmes last year when I passed him up and took Curtis Martin.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Agreed. There are going to be quite a few good RBs this year!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

I want to be in a Zoners league against LOG.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                            TOP 5

1. Clinton Portis - didnt start 5 games and got 1500+ yards. he would have beat RW's numbers with that kind of production had he been the man from day one.

2. Ladanian Tomlinson - with Boston to open it up some and an improved OL, he should have another very big year. his career will be shortened by all the carries he is getting, but he is not a bill so i dont care, and he should be fine for the next several years.

3. Ricky Williams - ride him till he breaks. no reason to think their passing offense will improve. should be all ricky again this year. numbers will drop some, but they were incredible last year. look for him to have the type of year Henry had last season.

4. Travis Henry - no reason to believe that he will not be a complete stud this year. the whole offense seems to be pointing to him, and i believe he will put up better numbers than last year as he will catch the ball more this season. plus the defense is upgraded. closer games means more henry.

5. Shaun Alexander - the hawks are improving. the qb play improved significantly over the end of last year. they got robinson and jackson resigned. reports are his has been working out like a monster this offseason, including speed school (he never had bad speed to begin with). the defense has also been upgraded, so should provide more chances like with henry. i just think he will be back in the top 5 after a bit of a down year (still was above average last year, but not worthy of the draft spot most people took him at)

*Other guys I think are worthy of top picks:

- Vick - sick. as good as a RB most of the time. the QB points are gravy.. and his receiving corp is improved. cant be worse than last year (bar injury), and could be TONS better. love the guy.

- Edge - just a gut feeling. 2 years removed. he should be a stud again.

- Stephen Davis - he could very well put up top 5 numbers being the horse in carolina.

*Notable exceptions: I will not take these guys

- Faulk - just too many injuries, not enough done to the OL, questions at QB, and bruce is old. he is too big a risk to me.

- Holmes - first, the injury is being kept under wraps to much.. it worries me. have heard comparisons of bo jackson. not good. they wouldnt have drafted johnson there if they werent worried. johnson could be a huge huge value, and if you get priest, you better waste a pick on johnson soon their after.. i will be targeting him later, to trade him to the priest owner.

My Keepers from last season

I set myself up pretty for this season.

1. Portis
                            2. Henry
                            3. Vick

evil: :snicker2:
                            Where's Mcallister? He was a stud last year!!!!

Comment

• BillC
                              The man in charge - Don't U forget it!
                              • Jul 2002

My top 5

1) Miss January
                              2) Miss February
                              3) Miss March
                              4) Miss April
                              5) Miss May

Comment

Working...