Marvelous
07-28-2009, 11:53 PM
Kyle Williams
-Josh Reed
-Kelsay-- :couch:
-George Wilson-
-Schouman
-Brad Butler

--I saw a headline at the official site about Kyle Williams and was thinking how much i like him & how i'm overdue for a gameday jersey. SInce mine is somewhat outdated & too big. It's a huge XL & my wife keeps making ghetto jokes/comments bout it so..It's time & Kyle WIlliams is leading the jersey race..
--On topic---I know how most fele about Kelsay.That although he's not hurting teh defense, he's preventing the growth of a younger player,,&/or- we just need more production..Maybe im gonna atlast agree with this. Im V-E-R-Y loyal to the players we draft. Esp if they are Phil Hansen types. No probowls, but lunchpale,hard workers who have some good games, yet tend to disappear for some other games...In Kelsays regard- imo- he is good, but not a highlight reel typ player. But i dont wanna defend him anymore. I'll just keep Kelsay moot for the time being. Esp for this threads sake
-----Brad Butler--Man, he looked really good mid-to late last season. I think he has a solid future with us.. Who knows, maybe it will be at Tackle. Right tackle. I mean unless he is balls to the wall awesome like Peters was then he can be LT, but unlikely..But with us having sooo many options now on the O-line, Brad Butler should fit in nicely as a starter & a powerful guard at that.. I like him and i do see his upside getting him to Hawaii..
----Josh Reed-- You glad we held on to him now? Trent Edwards sure is. Since trent lacks touch on his deep passes & lacks the p[atience or whatever it's called to target Lee EVans, well He went with Josh Reed IDENTICAL to the way Romo goes to Witten & Trent Green used to go to Gonzo etc.. He used him like a TE. A security blanket.. Lets hope with us adding a hyped up rookie TE & T.O that Trent can spread the ball around..If not, or if T.O gets injured(knocks wood) or whatnot, we have JOSH Reed to move the chains..He's not sexy & has minimal upside. I think 700 yards & 5-6 TD's is his max performance..But those are important yards. That's what his stats arent showing. How many of his yards are in drives that we really needed.. or 4th quarter 1st downs etc. AGain, im like him because im loyal. BUt even more so because Our QB likes/loves him.

--Kyle Williams--What a beast- He really impressed me with his relentless backfield play. Who recalls that LSU student who came in here the day after the draft telling us how awesome Kyle Williams is/was etc? Well ***! That kid was dead-on right. Kyle WIlliams- No neck as he's known in my house is a key piece to our D-line. I want him there at all times. Even if it means he lines up @ LE because there's another good D-lineman who needs to be there also.... He is surprisingly agile & fast. His sacks, or what i noticed, HIs assist which stats kinda ignore, is where i noticed his speed. He flies to the QB & many a times he missed, or the Qb Would sidestep at the last second only to get sacked by someone else. So Kyle didn;t get the stat, but he made the loss of down & yardage possible.... This kid is very popular in my family & even my extended family. We drafted him late, he looks the part, he's high character, he's on the rise & he's likeable...I doubt he just like Brad Butler are gonna be questioned in a respect thread like this...

Thoughts Zoners?

ServoBillieves
07-29-2009, 12:14 AM
Kyle Williams, Paul Posluszny, Kawika Mitchell, George Wilson, Ashton Youboty, Josh Reed, Sco... in almost that order. All deserve recognition. Great contributors, especially Kyle, but Poz will pull in to his own this year, Kawika is just straight underrated, and Wilson and Youboty had to grow in to their roles.

ServoBillieves
07-29-2009, 12:16 AM
Also wouldn't disagree with Schouman as a blocker... gotta say the guy is going to be eternally underrated but can contribute.

ddaryl
07-29-2009, 08:11 AM
I feel our non superstars would be a lot more effective if they had some superstars around them

psubills62
07-29-2009, 08:49 AM
I think that they represent both the good and the bad of this team.

The good because it shows how great our team is at picking up solid starters/contributors in the late rounds of the draft (e.g. Williams, Butler, etc.).

The bad because it shows that we don't have the true star power from the early draft rounds to beat them out.

In general I like these guys on my team, though. They work hard and usually do a decent job. Most of these guys would be excellent depth or even successful starters if we had some sort of star on our team (e.g. Ed Reed). If we had that one or two guys who makes everyone around them better...then I think these guys would really shine.

Marvelous
07-30-2009, 05:57 PM
A stat, or game comes to mind. The painful Dallas monday night game that we had won on/off all game long...Well George Wilson was a superstar that game. Many players shined that game, esp on defense.. But George WIlson had a couple INT's and a Pick-six..
--- why DIDN'T Wilson get the nod the next week? Not like he didn't earn it..
--Same game--Jabari Greer really showed me how he'd come into his own. His coverage on T.O was stellar. & it showed me/us how he could command & shutdown teams star wideouts, while McGee would cover theyre speedsters lke Tedd-Ginn & Coles, & lil white Pats wide-out etc...Still dunno why Greer wasn't sought after more by us this offseason. Not like he broke the bank in New Orleans right? We still couolda drafted Byrd & kept Greer and McGee & Ashton Youboty..If Youbody & Byrd come into their own then hell, we could have a nice up & coming secondary. With WHitner about to shine. IMO this is his season to do so, just like Sean Taylor did after he converted to FS..

--POZ, was a beast until he shattered his arm. IMO he needs to revert back to OLB. His true position. And we need to find our next beast Mike LB. Fletch! shoulda woulda couldas!! He still is going strong and that's two years removed...
---Next draft we target our MLB of the future. Barring of course we already have him on the team. WHich i doubt.. DO we? Is Ellison maxed out as just a capable, stud bacup/average starter? Same with Digi(lmo@ nickname).
--Did we draft a MLB player who can start>?
-Who's the safety who converts to LB w/ us? I recall reading good stuff bout him day after draft...

Kyle Williams, Paul Posluszny, Kawika Mitchell, George Wilson, Ashton Youboty, Josh Reed, Sco... in almost that order. All deserve recognition. Great contributors, especially Kyle, but Poz will pull in to his own this year, Kawika is just straight underrated, and Wilson and Youboty had to grow in to their roles.

-There's a difference from your listed players and mine..
-Kyle WIlliams & Josh Reed & maybe even Butler really stepped it up last season and played the best we've seen from them.. Is there anyone, any ZOner that wasn't pleased with Josh Reed becoming Trent Edwards mr. reliable,move the chains? Of course we we're all annoyed that he wassn't getting the ball to Evans more, but that's bnitterness that IMO Josh Reed doesnt deserve.. The kid has stepped it up to be a reliable starter.
--Butler & Kyle WIlliams can be star players for us. Career starters with maybe 1 probowl appearance at most. IMO Kyle WIlliams will see 3 contracts from us. Hell, he's already gotten two...
--I was re-watching some DVR'd games because im gonna delete them & the later games Kyle Williams really OWNED the backfield. He was decent before the Beast Stroud, but STrouds pressance reall freed him up.. & Butler is fun to watch him man-handle D-lineman. He's gonna be special IMO.. Reminds of the way Jonas Jennings would man-handle D-lineman. You know, before the injury bugs dessimated him..

---The core of our team is solid.
-There's two things that can & will break us & keep us in the land of mediocrity & the land of no playoffs & no AFC east champinship(1995!) Coaching & QB
-Coaching- i don't mean Dick, i mean our corrds.
-QB- well weve too much invested in this good core of players. SOlid drafting for the last few years. Since Marv arrived-till- last years paper-solid draft. So it owuld be a huge shame if a mediocre QB would keep us from expoiting the talent overall that we have & to be honest TRENT EDWARDS LOOKED MEDIOCRE MOST OF THE SEASON. I wanna billieve in him, but this season is my last season i back him unless he steps it up...Maybe Trent is the product of getting the jjob/a job handed to him. The fans & staff & Ralph we're sooo fed up w/ JP that they threw Trent in tehre and he played "good" and the job was "HANDED" TO HIM FROM THEN OUT... I'm very surprised we didn't invest more into QB insurance. BACKUP!
--WHY! WHY!WHY! Don't we ever get a high end,expensive backup? Since the Drew Bledsoe days we have ignored a good backup. KNOWING DMN WELL that QB is what killed us & we missed the playoffs by 1 game when we lost week 17 to the Raiders.
----QUESTION Zoners?--If we had a solid backup last season, better then Hamdan, would he have started in place of Trent Edwards after Trent started pooping? NOt injured, but struggling?? Say a Garcia, Kitna type. ???
-I just dont want mediocre QB play to keep us from maxing our potential of this current team.. Hopefully we swim w/ Trent. If not then Dick & The Ralph & Russ better not be to ashamed to admit Trent busted & swallow pride and move on aquiring a new QB......