• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

T.O.'s arrival won't diminish Reed

T.O.'s arrival won't diminish Reed
    Josh Reed is more than willing to leave the reality TV shows to Terrell Owens. And the breakfast cereal, for that matter. "I'm a blue-collar guy," Reed said the other day after practice at St. John Fisher College. "I prefer to fly under the radar."
    www.democratandchronicle.com/Kevin Oklobzija | Posted at 04:36 AM
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: T.O.'s arrival won't diminish Reed

When D's adjust to take TO and Evans out of the picture.. Reed is going to make them pay...

We all know what TO is going ot do for Evans game... but it's going to have an equal affect on Reeds game
    Last edited by ddaryl; 07-29-2009, 08:28 AM.

Comment

• madness
      • Apr 2003

"The team has always had expectations of what they want from me," Reed said, "and I know my role on the team. I think it's really important knowing what they expect.
      "Sometimes they want me to block the big linebackers or the safety. My roots have been running back, so I love that kind of stuff."
      Indeed, being able to knock a linebacker on his butt creates a game within the game.
      "That gets a guy talking, wanting to get you back, and it makes it fun," Reed, 29, said. "And you want him worried about getting back at you because the next thing you know, a running back is breaking through or you're beating coverage."
      A year ago, the Bills coaches credited Reed with 16 knockdowns of defenders, receivers coach Tyke Tolbert said.
      "When I tell people that, they ask, 'Is he a fullback or a wide receiver?'" Tolbert said. "And if I can recall correctly, I don't believe any of Josh's knockdowns were blindside. The defender knew he was coming.
      "Yet he still had a career high in reception yards (597)."
      Having him back in the slot is going to help our running game too. 16 knockdowns for a WR is sick.

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ddaryl
        When D's adjust to take TO and Evans out of the picture.. Reed is going to make them pay...

We all know what TO is going ot do for Evans game... but it's going to have an equal affect on Reeds game
        I agree. I can see the ball being thrown to Evans and Owens quite a bit, but Reed will also get a lot of passes his way.

He had 16 knockdowns on blocking assignments? That's crazy. Good for him.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Captain gameboy
          • Jul 2002

I'm waiting for the annual Meathead "This is Josh Reed's year," thread.

Comment

• The Jokeman
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl

I agree Josh Reed could be very dangerous with the addition of TO. Yet to say his role is not going to diminish is crazy. As TO to me immediately takes over as the #1 WR and everyone else below him on the depth chart will see their numbers drop to a degree. Although think TO's arrival is going to hurt Lee Evans' production more then any other WR on the team. yes he'll open Lee up for a few more big plays down the field but wouldn't be shocked for Lee's yardage fall to below 1000.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by madness
              Having him back in the slot is going to help our running game too. 16 knockdowns for a WR is sick.
              That's exactly why Roscoe can't achieve his self proclaimed "superstar" status.

Comment

Working...
              X