• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

Bills' Posluszny steps up as the 'mike'

Bills' Posluszny steps up as the 'mike'
    PITTSFORD — In Perry Fewell's system, the middle linebacker is the coach on the field. The middle linebacker, also known as the "mike," must have a total knowledge of the scheme and make sure everyone is lined up properly. He's in charge of the calls and communication of the defense. For the Buffalo Bills, that responsibility falls on Paul Posluszny.
    www.buffalonews.com | Posted at 04:42 AM
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Bills' Posluszny steps up as the 'mike'

Unfortunately our DL is pretty much the same as last year as is our LB corp...

For our D in general to get better the Bills needed a bigtime upgrade at OLB and DL. The Bills short armed the LB position in FA, and we still don't have enough fire power on the DL... It will be difficult for Poz to make a big move up from solid to all-pro
    Last edited by ddaryl; 07-29-2009, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

I'm hoping for Schobel to get healthy, McCargo to live up to his potential, Maybin to contribute as a situational pass rusher, and Harris/Bowen/Buggs/Palmer to shine at LB.

Then again, I'm hoping to win the Mega Millions lottery, too.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• madness
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl

For our D in general to get better the Bills needed a bigtime upgrade at OLB and DL. The Bills short armed the LB position in FA, and we still don't have enough fire power on the DL... It will be difficult for Poz to make a big move up from solid to all-pro
        I disagree and even expect major improvement from both starting DL and LB's. Well, minus Ellison. Depth is better all around especially if McCargo steps up and Maybin can be used in passing situations.

DE's
        Schobel is back and hopefully can stay healthy.

Kelsay is playing for his life/contract and hears Maybin's footsteps (once he gets into camp). He also seems to be benefiting from the the Sanders factor so far in camp and we don't have to rely on him to be our #1 like last year which means more favorable matchups.

DT's
        Williams continues to improve every year.

Stroud continues to be a beast.

LB's
        Ellison will eventually be replaced by Harris this year, IMO.

Mitchell will improve as this is his second year in the system. He also knows he let too many chances at the QB slip away last year by playing "safe".

Poz performed admirably in his first full season as the QB of our defense and will only get better this year. I expect big things from him this year.

Monday night after a meeting, Fewell pulled Posluszny aside and told him he likes what he sees so far in training camp.
        "His actual read on the quarterback, his set, and his plant and drive to the spot has improved a whole lot," Fewell said. "When he sees it now, especially in the run game, he believes it."
        Last edited by madness; 07-29-2009, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ddaryl

I personally think that the addition of Bob Sanders will prove to be the most helpful personnel change for this defense. Yes, we have a lot of the same players on our front 7, but I really think those players on the DL will improve due to Sanders. I'm not saying he'll turn them all into stars, but I could see Kelsay actually getting more than two sacks this year.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Working...
          X