PDA

View Full Version : Byrd needs to sign

psubills62
07-29-2009, 09:12 AM
I know everyone is freaked out about the O-line and everyone wants Wood and Levitre to get as much practice in as possible...but why aren't people talking as much about Byrd practicing?

He's the guy, imo, who really needs it. He missed all spring practices and is losing his chance for the starting job. I'd really prefer to have three legitimate starting safeties in Byrd, Whitner and Scott than have Whitner and Scott starting with Byrd a few steps behind.

According to Buffalo news, Wood is signed:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/747836.html

While I do think Maybin needs to get in, I personally think Byrd should easily be the next priority, especially since he should be easier to sign.

Jan Reimers
07-29-2009, 09:15 AM
I totally agree. With 19 of 32 second rounders signed, I don't understand why we can't slot him in and get him signed.

Ebenezer
07-29-2009, 09:16 AM
I totally agree. With 19 of 32 second rounders signed, I don't understand why we can't slot him in and get him signed.
probably, as usual, look no further to his agent and the agents other clients.

Goobylal
07-29-2009, 09:34 AM
probably, as usual, look no further to his agent and the agents other clients.
His agent is (ugh) Eugene Parker. And looking at the contracts of the guys in front and back of Byrd, Butler (pick 41) signed almost 2 weeks ago, and took a below-slot deal. Then on Saturday, the Panthers overpaid Everette Brown (pick 43) and paid him MORE than Butler got. So Parker will argue that Byrd should get more than Brown, not less than Butler.

Man I hate agents!

M
07-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Somebody on the BBMB posted that Byrd is injured. Has anybody else heard this??

Dr. Lecter
07-29-2009, 10:14 AM
I read speculation somewhere that he has a sports hernia. It seemed to more speculation to me, to the point that I did not even post it.

Jan Reimers
07-29-2009, 10:22 AM
I read speculation somewhere that he has a sports hernia. It seemed to more speculation to me, to the point that I did not even post it.
Must be our lousy strength and conditioning staff. First, they don't get Steve Johson's rib cartillage or John DiGiorgio's ACL in game shape, and now they screw up a guy who's not even here.

madness
07-29-2009, 11:52 AM
His agent is (ugh) Eugene Parker. And looking at the contracts of the guys in front and back of Byrd, Butler (pick 41) signed almost 2 weeks ago, and took a below-slot deal. Then on Saturday, the Panthers overpaid Everette Brown (pick 43) and paid him MORE than Butler got. So Parker will argue that Byrd should get more than Brown, not less than Butler.

Man I hate agents!
Our favorite agent. I told my neighbor (who's a 49ers fan), "good luck getting Crabtree in any time soon".

madness
07-29-2009, 11:52 AM
When (or if) rookie Safety Jairus Byrd signs his contract and reports to camp, I’ll be interested to check on his physical condition. The second round pick from Oregon may miss some time. I’m hearing rumblings that he suffered some sort of a sports hernia in the last few weeks that may set him back for awhile. Byrd was considered a possible starter at the FS spot. Once he signs, we’ll see if he’s ready to go.

http://blogs.wivb.com/2009/07/26/injury-updates-from-training-camp/

RamblingMisnomer
07-29-2009, 11:57 AM
When he signs he'll have to pass a physical, if he doesnt pass does that make his deal null and void? Or is that just the teams call?