PDA

View Full Version : Roscoe Parrish NOT HAPPY with TO signing

Mahdi
07-29-2009, 09:21 AM
Apparently Roscoe is the one who asked for the trade not the Bills who were looking to trade him.

Says he is not happy with the Bills Organization.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-9-69/Roscoe-perishing-on-Buffalo-s-sideline.html

Ebenezer
07-29-2009, 09:23 AM
I don't care how well he can return punts...he is in no position to complain.

psubills62
07-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Well I can understand the Bills not wanting to trade him. It's just like the Giants' GM (Reese?) said after signing all the D-linemen: "You don't build up depth just to trade it away."

It's especially evident now, with four WR's on the sidelines. If an injury happens, Parrish may get his chance. Personally I think he's had his chance and if they're set at WR on the trade deadline, see if anyone would bite.

Goobylal
07-29-2009, 09:31 AM
He should be more frustrated with himself. He's had chances, but done little with them.

bigbub2352
07-29-2009, 09:36 AM
Your mad cause you are being paid a boat load of money to return punts?
how yeah thats right you are really really smart i forgot

clumping platelets
07-29-2009, 09:39 AM
Trade him for a starting OLB

raphael120
07-29-2009, 09:44 AM
Hey Roscoe, why don't you GROW!

The Jokeman
07-29-2009, 09:50 AM
Trade him for a starting OLB
Come on clump what NFL team in their right mind would trade a starting player for an at best part time player. Yes he's an above average punt returner but it still doesn't mean he'd land us a starting OLB. It might land us an over priced veteran OLB who started prior but now might be regulated to depth because of a young up and coming player yet with the money we put in Parrish it might not be that easy.

Michael82
07-29-2009, 09:50 AM
Hey Roscoe, why don't you GROW!
Or at least do what Steve Smith does with his size....bulk up and put on weight!

Dr. Lecter
07-29-2009, 09:53 AM
I wish our coaches were smart enough to use him wisely on offense.

Jan Reimers
07-29-2009, 09:55 AM
I frankly don't know whether the Bills have misused or underutilized Roscoe, or if he is simply not a very good NFL WR. He is a good punt returner and at least a situational threat as a speed receiver, so I would try to get something of value for him.

Bills Juggernaut
07-29-2009, 09:57 AM
What a baby.
The bills have desperatly needed a WR to step up to the plate to compliment Evans the last couple of years. He's had every oppertunity to take the position and failed. I'm not big on Dicky J. but even I know if he were as good as he thinks he is, coach Dick would have found a way to get him on the field.

Dr. Lecter
07-29-2009, 09:58 AM
I frankly don't know whether the Bills have misused or underutilized Roscoe, or if he is simply not a very good NFL WR. He is a good punt returner and at least a situational threat as a speed receiver, so I would try to get something of value for him.

The Bills coaches track record makes me lean in one certain direction.

Seeing Roscoe run in the open makes me think they could design plays to get him the ball in the open and use his running ability better. Seeing them try to use him use running across the middle in the red zone makes me think the coaches are dense.

Ebenezer
07-29-2009, 10:11 AM

Seeing Roscoe run in the open makes me think they could design plays to get him the ball in the open and use his running ability better. Seeing them try to use him use running across the middle in the red zone makes me think the coaches are dense.
If a 5'8" receiver goes over the middle can I QB see him? (Yeah, I know, kind of the like the tree falling in the forest discussion).

Jeff1220
07-29-2009, 10:13 AM
I don't know. I think Roscoe needs to look in the mirror on his whole, "I should be a superstar going into my fifth year" thing. Just like with Hall and Hester, I consider Roscoe a great returner who just doesn't have it to be a starting WR.

Jan Reimers
07-29-2009, 10:14 AM

Yeah, I just don't know if, because of his size, he gets jammed up at the line, or he doesn't run good routes or get good separation. But with the speed and moves he exhibits on punt returns, I also think the coaching staff could design some plays to take advantage of his skills.

Ebenezer
07-29-2009, 10:17 AM
Yeah, I just don't know if, because of his size, he gets jammed up at the line, or he doesn't run good routes or get good separation. But with the speed and moves he exhibits on punt returns, I also think the coaching staff could design some plays to take advantage of his skills.
Don't forget that on returns he has a full head of steam coming at players that for the most part aren't going as fast as they can and then have to try to switch positions when Parrish deeks.

Captain gameboy
07-29-2009, 10:21 AM
I'm not concerned about Roscoe's views.

We wasted far too much draft capital for what we got.

Another Donohoe mistake.

I've enjoyed watching him, but if can get something for him, I'd be all for it.

Jan Reimers
07-29-2009, 10:25 AM
Don't forget that on returns he has a full head of steam coming at players that for the most part aren't going as fast as they can and then have to try to switch positions when Parrish deeks.
Yeah, I'm totally ambivalent about him.

Ebenezer
07-29-2009, 10:29 AM
Yeah, I'm totally ambivalent about him.
personally, i have always said that Parrish and Everett were drafted to simply pacify McGahee and his agent.

Forward_Lateral
07-29-2009, 10:35 AM
I love the "I don't want to bring any drama to Training Camp" comments. WTF do you think these quotes will do, Roscoe? What a freaking genius.

:rofl: @ "I want to be a superstar". Right. I also love the comparisons to Steve Smith, Eddie Royal, Santana Moss. This guy is a moron.

mchurchfie
07-29-2009, 10:42 AM
When you can get your little light ass off the line and down the field then you can complain Roscoe, otherwise be glad you have a good paying job in the NFL just for returning punts.

mchurchfie
07-29-2009, 10:43 AM
Maybe Roscoe is jealous because he doesn't have his own reality show.:D

RamblingMisnomer
07-29-2009, 10:46 AM
When Roscoe learns how to run an in at a 90 degree angle he can start to complain. He has some of the worst route discipline Ive seen in a long time. His cuts always seem rounded off, and he apparently lacks the ability to run in a straight line as well. Making it much easier for defenders to jump the crossing routes our coaching staff has him run.

Personally I think Roscoe can go sit on his finger and twirl.

mchurchfie
07-29-2009, 10:55 AM
Personally I think Roscoe can go sit on his finger and twirl.
He's so light in the ass he could probably that with minimum penetration.:ill:

RamblingMisnomer
07-29-2009, 10:56 AM
He's so light in the ass he could probably that with minimum penetration.:ill:

:rofl:

trapezeus
07-29-2009, 11:15 AM
best part of the article is that while he's complaining about hating being cast as too small for every down football, he's sitting on the sideline with his leg wrapped.

Roscoe, you just answered why you are in the situation you are in. no one has done that to you, but you. Now go return a kickoff on opening day and then dance around for the rest of the season so more people will buy into the fact you are the best punt returner in the NFL.

don137
07-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Believe me Roscoe is no Steve Smith. Teams don't respect Parrish. Smith can turn a screen pass into a TD because often DBs play off the line because he is so fast however teams jam Parrish and then he goes down at first contact. Unless Parrish is at full speed he has trouble deeking out an opponent and is tackled. Smith deeks out his opponent at any speed. Big difference.

Tatonka
07-29-2009, 12:34 PM
all the little **** has to do is beat out JOSH REED if he wants more time.. i mean seriously? your a superstar.. but you can't beat out JOSH REED???

and when Reed was hurt, and you were GIVEN the spot.. it was Steve Johnson taking time from you buy seasons end.. because you couldn't hold the spot well enough to keep him from it.. a 7th round ROOKIE draft pick.

Parrish can go eff himself.. he is a good punt returner.. with some good speed and will make a big play from time to time.. but he is what he is.. he needs to come to grips with that.

what a joke that article is.

HHURRICANE
07-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Apparently Roscoe is the one who asked for the trade not the Bills who were looking to trade him.

Says he is not happy with the Bills Organization.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-9-69/Roscoe-perishing-on-Buffalo-s-sideline.html

Did he become 5' 10 ' and put on 30 pounds overnight?

This is the same Roscoe I watched getting destroyed on the line and not being able to get in a position to catch the ball?

Thank you Ton Donohoe once again.

Mr. Pink
07-29-2009, 01:27 PM
It's hard to be a realistic option on an every down basis when A. you can't run routes, B. you're limited to screens and fly patterns, C. you're the size of a middle school kid and can't get off the line consistently.

Even resigning this guy a few years back was a mistake.

He's a punt returner and that's it. Another Donahoe bust.

justasportsfan
07-29-2009, 01:33 PM
He should go somewhere else and I'm almost sure he'll do better elsewhere.

yordad
07-29-2009, 01:58 PM
I frankly don't know whether the Bills have misused or underutilized Roscoe, or if he is simply not a very good NFL WR.Both

yordad
07-29-2009, 02:00 PM
Hey, I want to be a superstar too!!

SabreEleven
07-29-2009, 09:36 PM
If a 5'8" receiver goes over the middle can I QB see him? (Yeah, I know, kind of the like the tree falling in the forest discussion).

Cassell had no problems finding Wes Walker last year @ 5'9"

The Juice Is Loose
07-30-2009, 01:49 AM
welker can run routes and catch in traffic. roscoe was running with like the 3rd offense today and he got broken up by some corner who won't be on the team. i seent it.

reed was out last year and he has his opportunities. you grab his shirt and fall and the play is over. he's basically playing one hand touch as a ball carrier.

he's also routinely dinged up and missing time if my memory serves me. he also signed an extension to stay here and obviously they aren't paying him to be a superstar.

Hemlepp53
07-30-2009, 10:35 AM
"Coming into my fifth year, I should be a superstar wide receiver, not a punt returner." - Parrish

WTF.... Should be but Aint.... Sit and Shut Up... That pisses me off. He has been given the chance to show his SUPERSTAR skills but cant do it when lining up on Offense.

casdhf
07-30-2009, 12:04 PM
How many more years is this guy signed?