• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

No problem with Twitter.

What's the problem with twitter updates? Yes, it is just more of the same lame fad but these are still the actual players voicing their candid opinions. Would you rather listen to Chris Brown? Or a player forced to pitch the company line in an interview?

Twitter allows the fans new access to the players actual motivations and feelings, and to save myself from looking it up myself, I don't mind a thread a day on it. If you don't like reading the few-sentenced updates, scroll just a little bit further on the forum next time.

PS: I am not on Twitter myself.

• Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: No problem with Twitter.

I'm just sick of the media making a gigantic deal out of these athletes twitters. I think its just silly, I dont need everyone to know what I'm doing all the time and do not care what other people are doing all the time either, even if it is marshawn, TO, or whoever. (and im of the younger generation)
    Last edited by Pinkerton Security; 07-29-2009, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• Oaf
      Do you read what you write?
      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
      I'm just sick of the media making a gigantic deal out of these athletes twitters. I think its just silly, I dont need everyone to know what I'm doing all the time and do not care what other people are doing all the time either, even if it is marshawn, TO, or whoever. (and im of the younger generation)
      Sure, and I agree to an extent that if MLynch starts posting twitter threads on how TO just got out of the shower and is eating a banana, I'm going to throw up too. But most of these twitter threads have on-the-field relevance and as long as it stays that way, I welcome any thoughts the players might have.

Comment

• billsfanone
        Majored in Home Economics
        • Sep 2008

I love it.

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

Joe Paterno's thoughts on Twitter:

"Hey, you guys have got to talk about something. The fans have got to put something on those — what do you guys call those things — Twittle-do, Twittle-dee? I haven't got the slightest idea what you're looking at."
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Working...
          X