PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Chris Ellis and Nic Harris

Yasgur's Farm
07-29-2009, 01:59 PM
Forked from: TC Day 4 & 5: News, Notes, and Updates (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2949135)

This can't be true... We've been told repeatedly by some on this board that we can't expect any growth from our 2nd and 3rd year players. There must be something wrong here.

Philagape
07-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Even if they do step up, you're going by the first week of camp?

BillsWin
07-29-2009, 02:13 PM
I covered Harris while at OU for a local paper. He is a strong, a great hitter, football smart and can adapt on the fly. Id love to see him win the starting spot.

Jan Reimers
07-29-2009, 02:16 PM
It at least sounds like Ellis is way ahead of last year, and Harris is a fast learner. It's early, but the news is encouraging.

Pinkerton Security
07-29-2009, 02:21 PM
It at least sounds like Ellis is way ahead of last year, and Harris is a fast learner. It's early, but the news is encouraging.

too much optimism and you'll get banned!!!!

EDS
07-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Forked from: TC Day 4 & 5: News, Notes, and Updates (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2949135)

Did this really require its own thread? It seems like you are trying to call someone out for being down on some of the Bills young players, not sure who, but it does not strike me as "crow-eating" time for anyone -regardless of which side of the argument you are on.

That said, it is good to hear that some young guys making plays. Hopefully, they can do that on Sunday's during the regular season.

Yasgur's Farm
07-29-2009, 02:35 PM
Take it easy EDS... There's not a thread in the history of this message board that has ever been "required". A message board is what it is... Entertainment.

bigbub2352
07-29-2009, 03:04 PM
I am hoping for Harris to be our SAM and Ellis to be a nice rotational player for us this yr
Man i hope so

EDS
07-29-2009, 06:35 PM
Take it easy EDS... There's not a thread in the history of this message board that has ever been "required". A message board is what it is... Entertainment.

I am on easy street brother, don't worry. It just seemed like you made the same point in the original thread so it struck me as odd that the comment was broken out into its own thread.

Nor worries though.

Yasgur's Farm
07-29-2009, 07:19 PM
All good.

Scumbag College
07-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Chris Ellis was a complete mystery to me last year. He made some really good plays last year during the preseason, but barely sniffed the field in the DE rotation, even after Schoebel got hurt. I liked the pick in the third round last year and was optimistic, so I'm hoping he puts it all together this TC and gets alot of playing time this year.

MikeInRoch
07-29-2009, 09:28 PM
Even if they do step up, you're going by the first week of camp?

How many people here go by the first week of camp when it's negative?

Philagape
07-29-2009, 09:37 PM
How many people here go by the first week of camp when it's negative?

And they get called out too, as they should.

RamblingMisnomer
07-30-2009, 07:40 AM
I covered Harris while at OU for a local paper. He is a strong, a great hitter, football smart and can adapt on the fly. Id love to see him win the starting spot.

He's also undersized, lacks athleticism, and has coverage issues. I love Harris's heart and passion but I question his ability to translate from a good college player to a good NFL player. We shall see however.

Everything you said though is 100% true about him.

Jan Reimers
07-30-2009, 07:53 AM
He's also undersized, lacks athleticism, and has coverage issues. I love Harris's heart and passion but I question his ability to translate from a good college player to a good NFL player. We shall see however.

I'm not sure at 6'-2" and 232 lbs. - that's how I've seen him listed - that he's all that undersized, particularly when he's just starting in an NFL strength and conditioning program. Don't know about his athleticism or coverage skills, but he did play db at Oklahoma. Like a lot of guys who may lack elite ability - and he probably does, having lasted until the 5th round - a lot will depend on his football instincts and the size of his heart.

WeAreArthurMoates
07-30-2009, 08:30 AM

All I know he's bigger than Ellison and can actually lay a lick on a guy. I also trust Harris covering a tight end a hell of a lot more than Ellison.

Hemlepp53
07-30-2009, 08:37 AM
Whatever the case. Forward progression is what we need at all players whether on the bench awaiting an oppertunity or starting. We are only as good as the supporting cast that fills the holes when our starters need a rest or go down to injury. Depth is found on every top tier team. Can not rely on one guy to fill a roster spot for the entire season so when he is rotated in and out for whatever reasons we need a capable back up running off the sideline who has skill, instinct, and heart. The ability to improve and work says alot and shows up on Sunday when needed.

Spiderweb
07-30-2009, 08:57 AM
................. I also trust Harris covering a tight end a hell of a lot more than Ellison.

And to what do you base this upon? Zero NFL experience yet.....

I would hope he's better, but at this point that's all we have......hope.

Tatonka
07-30-2009, 11:44 AM

he lacks athleticism/speed and has coverage issues for a SAFETY in the nfl.. i think that he fits our scheme as a linebacker perfect.. he would actually have a head start on a lot of LBs as far as understanding coverage..and he is as big as derrick brooks and a handful of other good linebackers that have excelled in the cover 2.

im just saying.. if we are going to point out the guys flaws.. which he definately does have.. i think it should be in relation to the new position he played, not the old one.. as he clearly wasnt a top option at safety for any team coming out of the draft.

Oaf
07-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Where is this?

ParanoidAndroid
07-31-2009, 10:48 AM
All I know he's bigger than Ellison and can actually lay a lick on a guy. I also trust Harris covering a tight end a hell of a lot more than Ellison.

Coverage is Ellis' one strength. He would be an excellent OLB to have in longer yardage/pass defense situations. If Harris can show more strength and ability to shed blockers, it's win-win.