PDA

View Full Version : Byrd signs with Bills

X-Era
07-29-2009, 04:39 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/byrd-signed-but-not-ready-to-play/8e02720e-271b-4535-a83d-962bf738f025

Just leaves Maybin... this may take a while though. I have a feeling that unless the guy under him, Knoshon Moreno, or the guy above him, Crabtree sign... he wont get done. Moreno should be done during this week, but Crabtree may last until the start of the season.

kid mickey
07-29-2009, 05:08 PM
They got everybody else out of the way so I would expect that the contact lines are open between Chafie Fields and the Bills Brass and I expect something to happen by the end of this week. They probably just started negotiations. I don't think he will miss more than this week honestly. Fields from what I understand doesn't like to set the market, but he might end up having to do it this year. Last years 11th pick Leodis McKelvin signed a 6 yr contract worth 19.4 mil, 12.6 mil guaranteed, which is essentially a 5 yr deal because the 6th year is voidable. I am pretty sure Maybin will get a deal around those numbers. I wouldn't expect him to get more than 21 mil with 13.5 mil guaranteed. I'm sure Jim Overdorff has got this under control due to the fact that he is so familar with signing picks around that area.