PDA

View Full Version : Vick? Really?

HHURRICANE
07-29-2009, 04:46 PM
I really wonder if people know what they are talking about at times. I was in Buffalo yesterday and listened to 550.

I don't know the guy's name who is on at 6:30 but he was ranting about how Vick would be a good backup because Fitzpatrick is struggling.

Does this guy know football? Did he watch Vick's last two years in Atlanta? The guy is a OC nightmare. We are trying to run the no huddle along with other schemes and the reason Hamden and Fitzpatrick are struggling is mainly due to the complexity of implemnting quick decisions with accurate passes. Could you imagine Vick trying to run our offense?

Vick is a great athlete but his time was running out in Atlanta before the dog fighting mess. You should have heard the radio stations in Atlanta.

Minnesota maybe. Buffalo never.

Philagape
07-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Vick cannot just be plugged into an offense.
An offense would have to be created just for him.
That's why he's next to useless as a normal QB. He's useful only as a gimmick.

HHURRICANE
07-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Vick cannot just be plugged into an offense.
An offense would have to be created just for him.
That's why he's next to useless as a normal QB. He's useful only as a gimmick.

Yes, exactly. Vick struggled as soon as Tampa figured out how to defend him and teams copied the formula. So they tried to have him stay in the pocket more and he struggled.

A team would have to invest in a Miami type formation and build an o-line that could handle him breaking the pocket.

chernobylwraiths
07-29-2009, 05:53 PM
I really wonder if people know what they are talking about at times. I was in Buffalo yesterday and listened to 550.

I don't know the guy's name who is on at 6:30 but he was ranting about how Vick would be a good backup because Fitzpatrick is struggling.

Does this guy know football? Did he watch Vick's last two years in Atlanta? The guy is a OC nightmare. We are trying to run the no huddle along with other schemes and the reason Hamden and Fitzpatrick are struggling is mainly due to the complexity of implemnting quick decisions with accurate passes. Could you imagine Vick trying to run our offense?

Vick is a great athlete but his time was running out in Atlanta before the dog fighting mess. You should have heard the radio stations in Atlanta.

Minnesota maybe. Buffalo never.

I talked to a guy who was at the first practice and he said the Fitzpatrick looked awful. Paul Hamilton (not my favorite guy said that he was bouncing passes at receiver's feet and throwing wobbly balls. I expected a little more out of RF.

Owen DeBoard
07-29-2009, 07:53 PM
Theres no way Vick could handle running the no huddle offense. He also isnt a very accurate passer either. Talk about dink and dunk thats all he would be good for in a passing game. Only thing he can do good is scramble and the division were in that wouldnt work to well.

sdbillsfan2
07-29-2009, 09:12 PM
Here's a thought .....Can Vick legally cross the border ? Remember we still have games to play in Toronto. Anybody know if he can cross?

El Guapo
07-30-2009, 07:23 AM
Here's a thought .....Can Vick legally cross the border ? Remember we still have games to play in Toronto. Anybody know if he can cross?

Good question, and one that all teams would have to be concerned with, as the NFL plays international games with other teams as well. Although I am sure something could be worked out with the feds. After all, this is the almighty NFL.

BlackMetalNinja
07-30-2009, 07:35 AM
What's Lee Evans' take on signing Vick? :snicker:

Hemlepp53
07-30-2009, 08:28 AM

Being a convicted felon myself I know for sure he can not leave the country. I attempted to attend a childhood friends wedding in Canada and was denied entery across the border. That is why i am praying we are never sold to Toronto...

realdealryan
07-30-2009, 08:31 AM
There is something to be said about Vick's quality of play at QB when Matt Schaub comes in for a few games and earns himself a $49 mil contract.

HHURRICANE
07-30-2009, 11:00 AM
I talked to a guy who was at the first practice and he said the Fitzpatrick looked awful. Paul Hamilton (not my favorite guy said that he was bouncing passes at receiver's feet and throwing wobbly balls. I expected a little more out of RF.

I'm not defending Hamden or Fitzpatrick. There sucking makes me very nervous but I know that Vick in Buffalo is not the answer either.

From what I understand the strength of Fitzpatrick is the coaching he gives to the vet. He is not going to be a starter in this league.

sdbillsfan2
07-30-2009, 12:18 PM
Being a convicted felon myself I know for sure he can not leave the country. I attempted to attend a childhood friends wedding in Canada and was denied entery across the border. That is why i am praying we are never sold to Toronto...

If that's true, Vick can effectively scratch the CFL off the list of possible new employers!

feldspar
07-30-2009, 01:35 PM
The Bills value a QB that is smart and accurate; Vick is neither. Nobody knows what Vick is going to do on any given play, probably including Vick himself. The guy runs once for every four times he drops back to pass, or very close to that...I'm not making that up, either. The last year he played, he completed 52.6% of his passes.

If the Bills are unhappy with their current backup, they should go after Brian Griese, who would fit into our offense quite nicely.

We already have enough guys to run the gimmick Wildcat plays.