PDA

View Full Version : Bills Training Camp Postcard

Pinkerton Security
07-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Setting the scene

On the campus of St. John Fisher College in a bucolic Anytown USA suburb a few miles southeast of Rochester. Lots of bike trails and golf courses nearby; you can tell this is where a lot of Kodak and Bausch & Lomb executives settled.

If any team doubts the importance of going to a small college campus for training camp, just come here. The joint is jumping with love for the Bills -- to be fair, interest has shot up 30 to 40 percent because of the presence of Terrell Owens (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/3664), the first real star here since Drew Bledsoe (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/2359) -- creating an atmosphere that's so good for the fans, and for football. Bleachers and/or tents and picnic tables adorn the field-turf practice field on three sides and the crowd can see everything. It's a vocal crowd, too. Very T.O.-centric.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/07/29/bills.postcard/index.html?eref=nflg

Scumbag College
07-29-2009, 06:01 PM
Yeah Pete, the Bills NEVER drew anyone to St. John Fisher to watch TC before TO came here....

Enough about Parrish. He's had every chance the last couple of years to get on the field and produce on offense. I'd take Josh Reed over him any day, Parrish has yet to beat him out for playing time.

The rest of the article is pretty accurate.

Jan Reimers
07-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Wow. Peter King loves Roscoe a lot more than most of us do.

Thurmal
07-29-2009, 10:25 PM
Roscoe is underutilized. Even if he is a crappy route-runner, we should at least let the guy run a reverse once and awhile.

When you have one of the most dangerous open-field runners in recent memory, you should try to get the ball in his hands more than once or twice a game on offense.

I am almost positive that this team could go 11-5, 12-4 with a coaching staff that isn't braindead or completely passive.

BillsWin
07-29-2009, 11:40 PM
"The Bills will go as far as their o-line takes them." Superbowl?

The Juice Is Loose
07-30-2009, 01:40 AM
Wow, how can he raise an issue being will there be enough balls to catch? Trent completed 245 passes last season and mised most the Arizona game, half the San Fran game and I believe two other full games. At 20/game, that's another 80 completions. Why would Lee have to only get 50?

I mean shouldn't it even go up to perhaps 25 a game with the addition of TO and having a nice set of weapons?

16x25=400 completions. But because the most completions last season was 413 by Drew Brees, I'll say a respectable 325 completions.

Lee - 75
TO - 75
Josh - 50
RB's/Roscoe - 75
Tight Ends - 50

325. I'd say that would be a solid ass season. For all involved.

ServoBillieves
07-30-2009, 08:05 AM
Wait... Drew Bledsoe was our last star?

Interesting...

Jan Reimers
07-30-2009, 08:13 AM
Wait... Drew Bledsoe was our last star?

Interesting...
Bledsoe was probably our last really big name, and a star for half 'a season.

madness
07-30-2009, 08:16 AM
Wow. Peter King loves Roscoe a lot more than most of us do.

Yes, but he does acknowledge his main flaw...his brain.

5. With how good the AFC East is, everything is going to have to go right for this team to win 10 or more games. And I mean everything.

Peter King is a tool. To win 10 or more games this team will only have to do mostly everything right with a few of our opponents doing mostly everything wrong. :::

Hemlepp53
07-30-2009, 08:48 AM
I am almost positive that this team could go 11-5, 12-4 with a coaching staff that isn't braindead or completely passive.

Couldn't agree with you more Thurmal. Can't wait for the Dick era to end. Here is the true question... Does Ralph and the Front Office have the balls to go after one of the top head coaches sitting out this year. I can think of 4 - 5 we should target by mid season if we can't get off the ground like we should with the talent.