PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Fitzpatrick

The Juice Is Loose
07-30-2009, 01:53 AM
I was there on Wednesday and I wanted to watch Fitzpatrick just to see how "horrible" he was doing.

I'll be honest with you, he looked sharp to me. He was throwing high velocity throws and putting them where he had to. I'm pretty sure he hit a deep TD in 11 on 11 as well.

The guy just got here, he's learning a new offense. Give him a little time. I think he's a solid choice as backup QB.

Romes
07-30-2009, 02:23 AM
I read a few reports saying Wednesday was his best day.

Lets just hope his struggles are due to learning the offense

Jan Reimers
07-30-2009, 06:58 AM
I agree. It's really too early to get way up, or way down, on anyone, particularly someone (rookie, FA, etc.) new to the organizarion.

ddaryl
07-30-2009, 07:22 AM
Hopefully he is just getting up to speed and all the OTA reports and the 1st few days of TC we're just him shaking off some rust...

but I still thought there were a lot of better options for a backup QB in FA this year

madness
07-30-2009, 08:12 AM
I read a few reports saying Wednesday was his best day.

Lets just hope his struggles are due to learning the offense

It is. The guy played some very good ball down the stretch with one of the worst teams in the league last year and that was with OC pretty much just showing up to work and playing decoy.

Jan Reimers
07-30-2009, 08:16 AM
I would probably feel more comfortable with a Griese or Garcia, but I think Fitzpatrick has had enough success in this league to be a relible backup.

WeAreArthurMoates
07-30-2009, 08:28 AM
I remember watching the eagles game last year and seeing Fitzy go toe to toe against a great D. He was very gritty that game and played well despite his stat line not showing it.

madness
07-30-2009, 08:30 AM
I would probably feel more comfortable with a Griese or Garcia, but I think Fitzpatrick has had enough success in this league to be a relible backup.

IMO, Fitz is actually a better fit for this offense and a better game manager than those two. We have the playmakers on this side of the ball now so we don't need a couple of poor man Farve's making bad decisions trying to win the game all by themselves. I wouldn't mind so much Griese but I've never liked Garcia. He loses as many games as he tries to win. You love to have a QB with a killer instinct like Farve or Kelly but it's worthless if the QB doesn't have the talent or the control to keep himself in check.

Hemlepp53
07-30-2009, 08:31 AM

Garcia would of been the best fit. He is a fighter for the starting role and it would have given Trent a big push. Garcia has proven over and over he can win games when it is soley up to the QB. I think he will get the starting job in Oakland over Russel at somepoint this season.