• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

Re: TC Day 6: News, Notes, and Updates

Wood and Byrd on the field

By Chris Brown - Posted July 30th, 2009
    Eric Wood and Jairus Byrd are on the field this morning with their teammates at the morning walk thru.
    Wood will practice tonight for the first time. Byrd obviously will not, being on the active non-football injury list.
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

NFL officials are in

The league’s zebras have arrived at Bills training camp.
    The officials spend a few days at NFL training camps to re-acquaint the players and coaches as to what will be called a penalty on Sundays in watching their competitive play in practice.
    They’re also trying to get themselves prepared for the speed of the game again after a six month layoff.

Comment

• madness
      • Apr 2003

Wood in full lather for night practice

Climbing up the walls in Orchard Park waiting for his contract to be completed was hard enough. Now that Wood is at training camp, he can’t wait for tonight’s practice.
      “Oh yeah, I’m ready to go,” he said after the team’s morning walk through. ”I’m sweating after a walk thru, so you know I’ll be ready tonight.”
      Wood reported to camp at 314 pounds and said he’ll be playing between 310 and 320 pounds this season. So he’s put on some additional lean muscle, which is a bit scary.
      “I’ve worked out harder than I have my whole life,” Wood said. ”I realize the challenge that’s ahead of me. It’s practically a 21-game minimum for us and we plan on playing 25. It’s one of those deals where you have to get your body ready to go. I worked out a lot with Jason Spitz, he’s a guard for the Packers, and was pretty much my mentor going through the whole process, draft process and what not. He was a senior when I was a freshman at Louisville.”
      I’d say if you’re coming to practice tonight keep an eye on number 70. He’s going to be tearing it up.

Comment

• madness
        • Apr 2003

White throwbacks

The Bills will break out their white throwbacks in an unveiling after tonight's practice - on the field about 9:15 p.m. These figure to be popular among fans.
        ---Mark Gaughan

Comment

• madness
          • Apr 2003

Wood raring to go

Bills first-round draft pick Eric Wood was on the field this morning for the walk-through practice session, and he said he is anxious to get the pads on and start working with his new team.
          "It feels good to be here," Wood said. "I’ve been waiting for this day for awhile now and I’m glad it’s here and it's time to get to work."
          Wood, the 28th overall pick in the draft, missed seven practices while his five-year contract was hammered out. He said it was tough to sit and wait while camp was taking place in Rochester.
          "It’s been miserable. It’s been absolutely miserable," he said. "I came to Orchard Park two Fridays ago so I’d have my apartment settled for treianing camp. Then I sat there for an extra four or five days thinking I’d be somewhere."
          Wood will have the pads on tonight for the Bills' 7 p.m. practice.
          Meanwhile, second-round pick Jairus Byrd had his No. 31 jersey on and watched the walk-through from the sidelines. He's going to be out at least the next two weeks - very possibly a bit longer - while he recovers from surgery to repair a sports hernia injury that was performed two weeks ago.
          ---Mark Gaughan

Comment

• Lexwhat
            • Feb 2005

Very encouraging to hear about Eric Wood.

I think this guy is going to be a GREAT player from Day 1.

Comment

• madness
              • Apr 2003

Twitter Tracker!

DonteWhitnerHeaded to meetings....these r the days we have to push thru!!!about 5 hours ago from UberTwitter

Ka_Mitchell55Anyone who looks just like me or think they could disguise as me, let me kno so we can sub 4 some meetings. Ahh F it! It's work time baby!about 5 hours ago from Twittelator

buffalobillscomBuffalo Bills to feature 50th season celebration and throwback jersey launch tonight. Follow our tweets all day for updates.about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck

buffalobillscomWhat role will Eric Wood play in the regular season opener vs. the Patriots? Vote now: http://bit.ly/oLCxxabout 3 hours ago from TweetDeck

AaronMaybin58GOOD MORNING AMERICAabout 3 hours ago from web

AaronMaybin581 of the common failings among the honorable, is a failure 2 realize how dishonorable other people can be,& how dangerous it is 2 trust themabout 2 hours ago from web

AaronMaybin58Very depressing but more motivation to work harder!!! http://sbnation.com/e/732508about 2 hours ago from web

terrellowens81RT: Getting ready 2 head 2 Tops 2 promote the best cereal on the market the honey nut toasted oats TO's!!! Getcha TO's @ a store near u!!about 1 hour ago from web

buffalobillscomRookie Jairus Byrd playing catch up. http://bit.ly/oykRWabout 1 hour ago from TweetDeck

terrellowens81I will b ustreamimg live @ 1p frm TOPS supermarket! The link http://ustream/4z9m34 minutes ago from txt

buffalobillscomYes, at Training Camp and online. RT @spurbs: @buffalobillscom Will the jersey be for sale tonight?30 minutes ago from TweetDeck

AaronMaybin58@terrellowens81 wassup bruh...how u comin along?17 minutes ago from web in reply to terrellowens81

AaronMaybin58lol @Funkardashian I dont know how this rumor got started but 4 the record, me & @kimkardashian are not and never have been involved RUMORS!13 minutes ago from web

espn_afceastCamp confidential: T.O. can't cure all Bills ills - http://tinyurl.com/nvjv585 minutes ago from API

Comment

• Nighthawk
                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                • Jul 2002

I want one of those white throwbacks...they're sweet!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                  I want one of those white throwbacks...they're sweet!
                  I know.

I had told myself "no more jerseys". Now I have to get one.

I am thinking about McKelvin. I would get Wood or Levitre, but the last time I got a rookie O-lineman it was Mike Williams.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    I know.

I had told myself "no more jerseys". Now I have to get one.

I am thinking about McKelvin. I would get Wood or Levitre, but the last time I got a rookie O-lineman it was Mike Williams.
                    you and clump...a pair of jinxes.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by madness
                      Twitter Tracker!

DonteWhitnerHeaded to meetings....these r the days we have to push thru!!!about 5 hours ago from UberTwitter

Ka_Mitchell55Anyone who looks just like me or think they could disguise as me, let me kno so we can sub 4 some meetings. Ahh F it! It's work time baby!about 5 hours ago from Twittelator

buffalobillscomBuffalo Bills to feature 50th season celebration and throwback jersey launch tonight. Follow our tweets all day for updates.about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck

buffalobillscomWhat role will Eric Wood play in the regular season opener vs. the Patriots? Vote now: http://bit.ly/oLCxxabout 3 hours ago from TweetDeck

AaronMaybin58GOOD MORNING AMERICAabout 3 hours ago from web

AaronMaybin581 of the common failings among the honorable, is a failure 2 realize how dishonorable other people can be,& how dangerous it is 2 trust themabout 2 hours ago from web

AaronMaybin58Very depressing but more motivation to work harder!!! http://sbnation.com/e/732508about 2 hours ago from web

terrellowens81RT: Getting ready 2 head 2 Tops 2 promote the best cereal on the market the honey nut toasted oats TO's!!! Getcha TO's @ a store near u!!about 1 hour ago from web

buffalobillscomRookie Jairus Byrd playing catch up. http://bit.ly/oykRWabout 1 hour ago from TweetDeck

terrellowens81I will b ustreamimg live @ 1p frm TOPS supermarket! The link http://ustream/4z9m34 minutes ago from txt

buffalobillscomYes, at Training Camp and online. RT @spurbs: @buffalobillscom Will the jersey be for sale tonight?30 minutes ago from TweetDeck

AaronMaybin58@terrellowens81 wassup bruh...how u comin along?17 minutes ago from web in reply to terrellowens81

AaronMaybin58lol @Funkardashian I dont know how this rumor got started but 4 the record, me & @kimkardashian are not and never have been involved RUMORS!13 minutes ago from web

espn_afceastCamp confidential: T.O. can't cure all Bills ills - http://tinyurl.com/nvjv585 minutes ago from API
                      ya know...when posted that way Twitter looks even worse than it is.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• ddaryl
                        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Lexwhat
                        Very encouraging to hear about Eric Wood.

I think this guy is going to be a GREAT player from Day 1.

reading those quotes definitley has me jazzed to see him in action...

Comment

Working...
                        X