PDA

View Full Version : My "Hope" For an O-line...

jamze132
07-30-2009, 04:28 PM
This is what I hope happens with our O-line, which is going to make or break the 2009 Buffalo Bills.

Bell shows enough in preseason action to get the nod at LT while reverting Walker back to RT where he is more suited and probably more comfortable.

Levitre at LG.

Wood at C. I think this dude is going to be one of the nastiest guys on our team. Might as well have him staring down some extremely tough DTs from the rest of the East's 3-4 defenses.

Let Hangartner and Butler battle it out for RG.

Already mentioned Walker at RT.

Bell - Levitre - Wood - Hangartner/Butler - Walker

No secret here, our O-line is the most important piece to this years team. They are either going to keep Trent on or keep Trent off the field. I think Bell has the potential to pull a Peters (could lightning strike twice for us at LT?). I'm really not comfortable with Walker at LT as I think he is going to get burnt by some of the best DEs in the game from the left side which is really going to burden our defense. But with no other proven guy to play LT, he may have no choice which is why I am really, really hoping that Bell can hold his own over there. I doubt anything comes off the streets as teams start releasing folks either.

GO BILLS!

HHURRICANE
07-30-2009, 04:41 PM
I'd rather see Bell-Wood-Hangartner-Butler-Walker. Levitre is not looking like a lock as a starter.

BillsWin
07-30-2009, 04:46 PM
Ive said that since we drafted Wood!!! Wood needs to be our pivot man for years to come. But, but but but we signed Hangnarter and told him to be our center!!!

cry me a river, Wood would be more capable of handling the 3-4 DTs. He is a stud center that we are trying to morph into a guard.

Bell-Levitre-Wood-Butler-Walker

Hangnarter can sub in and keep the middle fresh.

BAM! theres your offensive line!

jamze132
07-30-2009, 04:47 PM
I'd rather see Bell-Wood-Hangartner-Butler-Walker. Levitre is not looking like a lock as a starter.
Really? Two practices with pads on and you can see that?

Jan Reimers
07-30-2009, 04:48 PM
It would be a big plus if Bell were to develop into an NFL-caliber left tackle. We would have at least 6 guys vying for 5 starting spots, and the competition would make us much better.

jamze132
07-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Ive said that since we drafted Wood!!! Wood needs to be our pivot man for years to come. But, but but but we signed Hangnarter and told him to be our center!!!

cry me a river, Wood would be more capable of handling the 3-4 DTs. He is a stud center that we are trying to morph into a guard.

Bell-Levitre-Wood-Butler-Walker

Hangnarter can sub in and keep the middle fresh.

BAM! theres your offensive line!

:beers:

jamze132
07-31-2009, 05:55 AM
This idea of mine is awesome and I'm going to continue to blow myself...

Yasgur's Farm
07-31-2009, 06:17 AM
I'd rather see Bell-Wood-Hangartner-Butler-Walker. Levitre is not looking like a lock as a starter.That's my line as well. Hangartner is the best of the interior guys followed closely by Wood. Butler edges out Levitre for the moment. :cheers:

WeAreArthurMoates
07-31-2009, 08:17 AM
I'd love to see Wood at center cause that's where I think his best position could be but his first day at RG was impressive. He seems like an Alan Faneca, Shawn Andrews type of guard. This kid is a special player.

ddaryl
07-31-2009, 08:25 AM
I think Wood needs to be a backup C for a year or 2. Hangnail will be solid a C. Wood starting at either G and hangnail at the C position IMO upgrades us nicely in the interior.

Unfortunately we do have question marks at the bookends... and that is where my concerns lie...

Yasgur's Farm
07-31-2009, 08:34 AM
I think Wood needs to be a backup C for a year or 2. Hangnail will be solid a C. Wood starting at either G and hangnail at the C position IMO upgrades us nicely in the interior.Exactly

Dr. Lecter
07-31-2009, 08:40 AM

This is almost disturbing.

justasportsfan
07-31-2009, 08:45 AM
Really? Two practices with pads on and you can see that?
He has friends on the team

Jan Reimers
07-31-2009, 08:47 AM
This is almost disturbing.
Almost?

EDS
07-31-2009, 09:10 AM
This is what I hope happens with our O-line, which is going to make or break the 2009 Buffalo Bills.

Bell shows enough in preseason action to get the nod at LT while reverting Walker back to RT where he is more suited and probably more comfortable.

Levitre at LG.

Wood at C. I think this dude is going to be one of the nastiest guys on our team. Might as well have him staring down some extremely tough DTs from the rest of the East's 3-4 defenses.

Let Hangartner and Butler battle it out for RG.

Already mentioned Walker at RT.

Bell - Levitre - Wood - Hangartner/Butler - Walker

No secret here, our O-line is the most important piece to this years team. They are either going to keep Trent on or keep Trent off the field. I think Bell has the potential to pull a Peters (could lightning strike twice for us at LT?). I'm really not comfortable with Walker at LT as I think he is going to get burnt by some of the best DEs in the game from the left side which is really going to burden our defense. But with no other proven guy to play LT, he may have no choice which is why I am really, really hoping that Bell can hold his own over there. I doubt anything comes off the streets as teams start releasing folks either.

GO BILLS!

I think that sounds great in theory but the idea of playing what would amount to 3 rookies next to each other on the o-line, protecting Trent's backside, just doesn't sound viable.

I think that even if Bell is fantastic in the pre-season he is going to start the season on the bench and they could then look to get him some actual game experience in a reserve role before making a switch by inserting him into the starting line-up.

jamze132
07-31-2009, 09:23 AM
I think that sounds great in theory but the idea of playing what would amount to 3 rookies next to each other on the o-line, protecting Trent's backside, just doesn't sound viable.

I think that even if Bell is fantastic in the pre-season he is going to start the season on the bench and they could then look to get him some actual game experience in a reserve role before making a switch by inserting him into the starting line-up.
I'm aware of the 3 rookie thing but I think they could do a better job over the course of the season rather than having Walker and Butler move to an uncomfortable position. If we could just keep one guy at his position of last year, it's better than 5 guys playing new positions.

SABURZFAN
07-31-2009, 10:29 AM

that's good because i don't see any volunteers.

seriously, our OL is looking more promising than it has for as long as i can remember.

Philagape
07-31-2009, 10:50 AM
The o-line should be light years ahead in run blocking, but in pass protection you better pray before every play.

jamze132
07-31-2009, 03:20 PM
The o-line should be light years ahead in run blocking, but in pass protection you better pray before every play.
Well by the time Lynch comes back, they should have the run blocking thing on lock down and he should still be able to get his 1000.

ServoBillieves
07-31-2009, 03:50 PM
Chambers-Levitre/Wood-Hangartner-Butler-Walker.

That's last year's 4-0 line with a rookie instead of Dockerey and a player better than Fowler/Preston at center.