PDA

View Full Version : Trent on PTI

Bruce is Loose
07-30-2009, 04:53 PM
He was smart clever and witty...
I liked how he asked them to show footage of the pitch he did in LA rather than the ugly one in Toronto.

Anyway, talked (obviously) about TO and said he would like to talk about all the other weapons he has at WR as well. About spreading the ball says he has to step on some toes sometimes since he has a lot of hands to get it to but that it varies on how to deliver that case to case - didnt say it had been a problem so far. Said TO is first to come and last to leave.

PcA125
07-30-2009, 05:50 PM
I agree.. It was a pleasant surprise to come home to. He gave lee and the rest of the receivers some love too, which was nice.

John Doe
07-30-2009, 06:19 PM
Here is some of the interview. Very interesting comments about TO's route running.

PTI: What have you learned about him as a person (Owens)

Trent: The guy is a competitor. He comes to practice every day and works his butt off just like any other player on our team and he makes the team a lot better right now. The first couple days of camp he has been the first one to get there and the last one to leave and that’s the kind of player you want on your team – that’s the type of receiver that you want to throw to.

PTI: I know quaterbacks notice the most minute things about receivers and what they like. How has T.O. so far been different than other receivers that you have thrown to?

Trent: You know what has been great about him so far is just his communication level. He comes back after a route and he’ll tell you what he saw and I’ll tell what I saw and I can kinda notice some west coast offense style receiving routes he runs now. He kinda makes some adjustments that our offense doesn’t necessarily have but we should incorporate into our offense. That’s just a factor of him being around some great offenses in the past and applying those sort of routes into our offense. It’s nice to have a guy like that to throw to.

PTI: Surely you can’t be surprised that he is communicative.

Trent: (laughing) Oh he enjoys talking! He enjoys talking probably a little bit more than I do but I enjoy talking to him as well.

PTI: You have been incredibly patient from day one when he joined the Bills for answering T.O. questions which, you told us, you knew you were going to get. But Trent, I mean there’s a limit for everybody. How close have you come, because you have to deal with this every day, every day there in Buffalo. What’s it like for you and do you find yourself saying: OK, calm down calm down, you know this is coming?

Trent: Yeah, I’ve gotta make sure that I don’t come across as frustrated. He’s obviously a great player, he’s a big piece of our offense this year. He’s a big reason why we’re going to win football games this year, but I would enjoy talking about Lee Evans, I would enjoy talking about Josh Reed, Roscoe Parrish, and all these other guys that we have on our offense that I feel are going to help Terryl and myself and I just don’t get those questions which is understandable, but again I have to make sure that I don’t come across as frustrated. Right now we’re very optimistic about the way things are going right now. We have a great defense, great special teams, and obviously pretty good wide receivers.

PTI: You have very good wide receivers right now. You have the ability to check off plays, call your own plays. Are you comfortable telling guys in the huddle: Shut up. I’ll get you the ball when I get you the ball?

Trent: You gotta have to have that side to it, you know Tony. You gotta have the ability to tell guys when they’re wrong and when they’re right and there’s certain players that can take that and certain players that can’t. You gotta choose your battles when you do decide to say something to a receiver but it comes with the territory, it comes with developing a relationship. I do feel that we have a lot of different styles of receivers with a lot of different experience under their belt and it’s my job to make sure that I’m communicating well with them and sometimes you do need to step on their toes a little bit and say something and sometimes you need to pat them on the back.

JD
07-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Has this hit youtube yet?

Joe Fo Sho
07-30-2009, 08:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hBEfkWFGZ4

Romes
07-30-2009, 08:56 PM
Trent has the perfect demeanor to be TO's QB.

The Popcorn
07-30-2009, 11:13 PM
Trent has the perfect demeanor to be TO's QB.

He just needs to get Owens the ball and Terrell will take care of the rest.

yordad
07-31-2009, 12:28 AM
Thanks guys, good vid.

feldspar
07-31-2009, 12:50 AM
I've always said that Trent gives and excellent interview. He carries himself well and says the right things. He makes an effort to be polite, but at the same time sounds intelligent and holds his ground. Remember that there is a huge "game" aspect to these interviews, especially when people continuously try to bait him about T.O..

I'm telling you...yes you...that if Trent plays QB half as well as he gives an interview this year, there won't be a problem.