• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Heyward-Bey, Smith now signed..

The Rams have signed Jason Smith and the Raiders have also signed their #1 pick, Crabt.....i mean Heyward-Bey.

Rookie receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey agreed with the Raiders on a five-year contract that will guarantee him at least $23.5 million.

No. 2 overall draft pick offensive tackle Jason Smith and the St. Louis Rams have agreed to a deal, the team announced Thursday.

This might be good news for us, as more high first rounders get signed, the better chance we have of seeing what to pay him. I just worry about the whole collective bargaining issues in the future, but if all the other rookies around Maybin are getting signed, it should help.

• Saratoga Slim
    • Jul 2005

Re: Heyward-Bey, Smith now signed..

I agree. Hard to fault either Maybin or the Bills for not having him locked up yet, when so few other first rounders are. Now that some deals are getting done, that should put the pressure on and show whether he's just waiting to see the market set itself, or whether he's going to be a pain in the ass.
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• mayotm
      • Jul 2003

Clayton reported tonight that Crabtree and the 49ers still aren't close. He also stated Crabtree's signing is holding up negotiations for 11 - 14. Apparently, Crabtree thinks he should've been taken sooner, thus wants more than 10 is slotted to get. Not great news for getting Maybin signed. Then again, since it was Clayton, it could be entirely bad information.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

Peria Jerry, Orakpo, Josh Freeman all signed...13 total 1st rounders are now signed...come on Buffalo, get Maybin into camp! The Orakpo signing should provide a good basis..

Comment

Working...
        X