PDA

View Full Version : TO just pumped me up for September 14th...

BillsWin
07-30-2009, 08:59 PM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/07/30/t-o-with-some-bold-words-for-opener-vs-new-england/

“We’re all really working hard at training camp to put this thing together,” said Owens. “And we’re flying under the radar now, but everybody is gonna know come September 14th that the Buffalo Bills are a team to be reckoned with.”

“It’s not going to be an easy game for New England. Trust me.”

Dr. Lecter
07-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Let the talking occur on the field, especially against the Pats.

BillsWin
07-30-2009, 09:04 PM
Let the talking occur on the field, especially against the Pats.

T.O.'s play backs up his words. and all he did was say wed be ready to suit up and play and that New England wont be able to push us over.

He didnt come out and say "We will beat New England" or "We will crush NE"

I like what he said. he is focused. and the Bills are a force.

Joe Fo Sho
07-30-2009, 09:13 PM
Championship!

tampabay25690
07-30-2009, 09:18 PM
This maybe the most excited about the BILLS I have been in a while...
Even my wife is pumped she can't wait to see TO for the home opener...

Tatonka
07-30-2009, 09:56 PM
it is pretty crazy how hyped everyone is really getting about TO..

DMBcrew36
07-30-2009, 10:09 PM
ugh i'm gonna be on business in 'middle of nowhere,' South Dakota on Sept 14

Lexwhat
07-30-2009, 10:35 PM
Although I love his attitude, I really don't feel we are talented enough to match up with the Patriots. Brady will be airing it out like crazy in his first game back.

Sigh :-(

The Popcorn
07-30-2009, 11:08 PM

How can you not? He's a winner. This is something Buffalo hasn't had since the Super Bowl years.

Jan Reimers
07-31-2009, 09:55 AM
With the signing of TO, a great draft, some good players coming back from injury, a developing young QB, a number of 2nd and 3rd year players showing marked improvement, and better depth at several positions than we've had in years, how can you not be excited?

Sure, it might all go to Hell, but how can you not be optimistic right here, right now?

SABURZFAN
07-31-2009, 10:25 AM
With the signing of TO, a great draft, some good players coming back from injury, a developing young QB, a number of 2nd and 3rd year players showing marked improvement, and better depth at several positions than we've had in years, how can you not be excited?

Sure, it might all go to Hell, but how can you not be optimistic right here, right now?

well said. i think this is the most optimistic i've been for an upcoming season in years. it would be nice to see a couple of breaks to go our way as well.

Cntrygal
07-31-2009, 12:14 PM
ugh i'm gonna be on business in 'middle of nowhere,' South Dakota on Sept 14

If you're in or near Rapid City (west side of the state)... the place to go is "Kelly's" on Jackson Blvd.

Dr. Lecter
07-31-2009, 12:18 PM

I remember the previous ten years.

I am trying like hell. I really am. And I would not be surprised to have renewed optimism after next weekend. For now I am tentative at best.

(That and Jauron is back.)

nateodoms'bff
07-31-2009, 12:40 PM

why is that crazy? he is arguably one of, if not the best receiver in the league since Jerry Rice retired. The man is in unbelievable shape, is focused, and has done nothing except rack up TD's, yards and receptions for every team he has been on.

He has never really played for a coach that understands what HE brings to the team. I think Jauron and company are wishy washy enough to let a lot of his antic go, or ignore them. And that maybe the best move of all. Every other team/coach has tried to silence him, but the Bills won't.

Even Trent Edwards has dismissed the questions about T.O.'s character. Its a non-issue for the entire team, therefore it will be a non-issue this season.

So if you remove the media-driven criticism of Owens, you are left with a Hall of Fame receiver who is focused on one thing, championships.

Plural.

Ickybaluky
07-31-2009, 12:54 PM
He has never really played for a coach that understands what HE brings to the team. I think Jauron and company are wishy washy enough to let a lot of his antic go, or ignore them. And that maybe the best move of all. Every other team/coach has tried to silence him, but the Bills won't.

Right....

Guys like Bill Parcells and Andy Reid don't know how to deal with a player like Owens in the same way that Dick Jauron does.

Of course, they do know a lot about how to win games. Jauron still has to show he knows about that.

OpIv37
07-31-2009, 01:08 PM
yeah... give NE bulletin board material.

Great job, jackass.

Mudflap1
07-31-2009, 01:11 PM
why is that crazy? he is arguably one of, if not the best receiver in the league since Jerry Rice retired. The man is in unbelievable shape, is focused, and has done nothing except rack up TD's, yards and receptions for every team he has been on.

Even Trent Edwards has dismissed the questions about T.O.'s character. Its a non-issue for the entire team, therefore it will be a non-issue this season.

So if you remove the media-driven criticism of Owens, you are left with a Hall of Fame receiver who is focused on one thing, championships.

Plural.

The more hopeful and better explanation is that, for the first time, T.O. can be the unquestioned alpha dog here in Buffalo. Couple that with great fans, and it's potentially a very good situation for him.

In S.F., he clashed with Jeff Garcia. In Philly, he clashed with McNabb. Plus there were other alpha dogs on the team like Brian Dawkins. In Dallas, he clashed with Romo, Witten, etc., and there were other alpha dogs on the team.

In Buffalo, there is no one for him to clash with. As long as he gets the ball thrown his way (why wouldn't he?) and the Bills at least put forth full effort week in and week out, T.O. should be a happy camper. The fans will love him for it because for the first time in a long time, there is a top-notch superstar on the team who has swagger and cares about winning.

Mudflap1
07-31-2009, 01:14 PM
yeah... give NE bulletin board material.

Great job, jackass.

Oh come on. First of all, NE doesn't need bulletin board material. Second, NE shouldn't be too concerned about anything a Bills player should have to say. Third, T.O. didn't guarantee anything other than the Bills would give full effort and that they would be highly competitive. It was an enthusiastic, but calculated comment (unlike Whitner categorically guaranteeing playoffs last year).

OpIv37
07-31-2009, 01:31 PM
Oh come on. First of all, NE doesn't need bulletin board material. Second, NE shouldn't be too concerned about anything a Bills player should have to say. Third, T.O. didn't guarantee anything other than the Bills would give full effort and that they would be highly competitive. It was an enthusiastic, but calculated comment (unlike Whitner categorically guaranteeing playoffs last year).

it's not as bad as Whitner, but it's still smack-talk. I hate that ****. No good ever comes of it.

Mudflap1
07-31-2009, 01:38 PM
it's not as bad as Whitner, but it's still smack-talk. I hate that ****. No good ever comes of it.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's trying to give the team a pulse for the first time this decade.

Bulldog
07-31-2009, 02:22 PM

How can one see what Owens said as smack talk? All he said is that Buffalo isn't going to roll over for the Pats. I for one am glad that Owens brings a swagger that has been lacking on the Bills for a long time. Is he supposed to bow down and kiss the Patriots ass like everyone else does?

OpIv37
07-31-2009, 02:38 PM
How can one see what Owens said as smack talk? All he said is that Buffalo isn't going to roll over for the Pats. I for one am glad that Owens brings a swagger that has been lacking on the Bills for a long time. Is he supposed to bow down and kiss the Patriots ass like everyone else does?

I am so sick of you people thinking there's no middle ground between rolling over and smack talk.

What's wrong with saying "We're working hard, this is a tough team and we expect to be in every game and compete for a playoff spot"? He could have said something without singling out the Pats game that wouldn't be kissing NE's ass.

Some of you can't see the forest from the trees.

Mudflap1
07-31-2009, 02:42 PM
I am so sick of you people thinking there's no middle ground between rolling over and smack talk.

What's wrong with saying "We're working hard, this is a tough team and we expect to be in every game and compete for a playoff spot"? He could have said something without singling out the Pats game that wouldn't be kissing NE's ass.

Because, what you just stated is exactly the type of thing that Dick Jauron has been saying for the last 3 years, going on 4. It hasn't worked. All T.O. guaranteed was that the Bills would give NE a run for their money. Frankly, I don't want to be a fan of this team anymore if the players and coaches can't get on board with a statement like that.

Bulldog
07-31-2009, 02:46 PM

I'm sick of some posters on here talking to others like they're superior or smarter than the rest of us. You act as though he guranteed a victory or something. Get over it already.

Bulldog
07-31-2009, 02:47 PM
Because, what you just stated is exactly the type of thing that Dick Jauron has been saying for the last 3 years, going on 4. It hasn't worked. All T.O. guaranteed was that the Bills would give NE a run for their money. Frankly, I don't want to be a fan of this team anymore if the players and coaches can't get on board with a statement like that.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

trapezeus
07-31-2009, 02:57 PM
The more hopeful and better explanation is that, for the first time, T.O. can be the unquestioned alpha dog here in Buffalo. Couple that with great fans, and it's potentially a very good situation for him.

In S.F., he clashed with Jeff Garcia. In Philly, he clashed with McNabb. Plus there were other alpha dogs on the team like Brian Dawkins. In Dallas, he clashed with Romo, Witten, etc., and there were other alpha dogs on the team.

In Buffalo, there is no one for him to clash with. As long as he gets the ball thrown his way (why wouldn't he?) and the Bills at least put forth full effort week in and week out, T.O. should be a happy camper. The fans will love him for it because for the first time in a long time, there is a top-notch superstar on the team who has swagger and cares about winning.

I see what you are saying, but i also think if you are playing a competitive league like the NFL, you are by nature an Alpha dog. And the bills have players who are alpha dogs who could easily turn on Owens if he's yapping when the going gets tough.

But i agree with the point of view that the bills generally seem excited to have one of the best players on their team for a change. For any of you guys who also play in beer leagues, don't you enjoy the games more when you know your team is the better team? And don't you play better as a result?

I'm hoping that happens to the bills.

Bulldog
07-31-2009, 03:02 PM
I see what you are saying, but i also think if you are playing a competitive league like the NFL, you are by nature an Alpha dog. And the bills have players who are alpha dogs who could easily turn on Owens if he's yapping when the going gets tough.

But i agree with the point of view that the bills generally seem excited to have one of the best players on their team for a change. For any of you guys who also play in beer leagues, don't you enjoy the games more when you know your team is the better team? And don't you play better as a result?

I'm thinking Owens may just give the rest of the Bills players the confidence that they can compete with the Patriots. That's my hope. I think intimidation is a big factor with the Patriots.

trapezeus
07-31-2009, 03:13 PM
i agree Bulldog. but then again remember last year, when the media made a big deal of the owens vs moss game, and moss won the competition betweent he two pretty handily as owens didn't even really show up for that game.

i would love to see a huge game from owens, some taunting dance moves and a big win. That'd be ideal.

Mudflap1
07-31-2009, 03:18 PM

Who do the Bills have on their roster that is in the "same league" as T.O.? They don't. Garcia was a Pro Bowl QB on playoff teams. Same with McNabb, but he's even more decorated. Dawkins, same thing. Dallas guys - same thing.

What I'm saying in my theory is, T.O. mouths off and goes negative because he is bristling for attention with similar-caliber alpha dogs around him on the team. Who is a similar caliber right now to T.O. on the Bills? Evans, no way. Kelsay, Schobel, Whitner, Edwards, Lynch? They can't hold T.O.'s water bottle at this point in their careers. None of these guys on the Bills mentioned are multiple-Pro Bowl players, as well as players on playoff teams. T.O. can have the run of the place as long as he is getting attention, getting the ball, and the Bills are giving a top-notch effort.

Mudflap1
07-31-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm thinking Owens may just give the rest of the Bills players the confidence that they can compete with the Patriots. That's my hope. I think intimidation is a big factor with the Patriots.

That's all he was doing. And I think it's a good thing that's been sorely missing.

SquishDaFish
07-31-2009, 03:22 PM
I cant wait for that game. I will be attending with my TO jersey baby!!

Owen DeBoard
08-02-2009, 11:49 AM
I do recall the Giants winning a superbowl with Plaxicos smack talk a few years back but on the other hand im not big on the smack talk either.

MassEffect218435
08-02-2009, 01:07 PM
it is pretty crazy how hyped everyone is really getting about TO..Especially when no body in Buffalo could stand the guy just a year or two ago. Funny how that works...

Joe Fo Sho
08-02-2009, 02:16 PM
Especially when no body in Buffalo could stand the guy just a year or two ago. Funny how that works...

That's a ridiculous statement.

DMBcrew36
08-02-2009, 02:37 PM
If you're in or near Rapid City (west side of the state)... the place to go is "Kelly's" on Jackson Blvd.

I'll be in Hot Springs, SD. Hopefully I can find a decent place there?

Dujek
08-02-2009, 02:56 PM
how can you not be optimistic right here, right now?

Jauron's still in charge.

Dr. Pepper
08-02-2009, 03:25 PM
I'll be in Hot Springs, SD. Hopefully I can find a decent place there?

at least being the monday night game youll be able to watch it on basically any tv in town.