PDA

View Full Version : jason peters is already hurt... have fun philly

Lefty2985
07-31-2009, 12:18 PM
http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story?id=09000d5d811912c8&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

HHURRICANE
07-31-2009, 12:29 PM
Quad spasm. Might be career ending.:1:

ddaryl
07-31-2009, 12:44 PM
quad spasm doesn't really justify the thought that we were better off trading him

LtFinFan66
07-31-2009, 12:48 PM
Knock him before you miss him:up:

The Juice Is Loose
07-31-2009, 01:18 PM
Jason Peters should die of gonorea and rot in hell. That's a quote from a movie don't ban me or anything

trapezeus
07-31-2009, 03:14 PM
i feel bad for Jason Peters. maybe his quad is holding out for a contract extension from the rest of his body. F' him. F' him in the ear.

jamze132
07-31-2009, 03:43 PM
I wish he was our LT instead of Langston Walker, who by the way is getting burnt by Schobel if that says anything...

ServoBillieves
07-31-2009, 03:48 PM
I wish he was our LT instead of Langston Walker, who by the way is getting burnt by Schobel if that says anything...

Aaron Schobel kicks ass? <_<

jamze132
07-31-2009, 04:04 PM
Aaron Schobel kicks ass? <_<
YEAH, that's it.

Jan Reimers
07-31-2009, 04:21 PM
Peters really stays in shape during the offseason, doesn't he?

Goobylal
07-31-2009, 04:38 PM
Peters really stays in shape during the offseason, doesn't he?
Reading the article from Philly, it sounds like he failed their conditioning run. Sure inspires confidence that your $10M/year man didn't come into camp in shape, eh?

DynaPaul
07-31-2009, 08:49 PM
My heart goes out to them... not.

clumping platelets
07-31-2009, 10:16 PM
When the superior pass rushers of the NFC East start eating him alive, people will see he's overrated

MikeInRoch
07-31-2009, 10:17 PM
I can hardly wait...

BillsWin
07-31-2009, 10:46 PM

hopefully it says our pro bowl DE is healthy again.

mush69
07-31-2009, 11:32 PM
Would you expect anything less?

:beers:

Mad Bomber
07-31-2009, 11:56 PM
I personally don't miss him. I hated his attitude. Too much of a prima donna. I thought he was egotistical and lazy.

Just my opinion....

Hemlepp53
08-01-2009, 01:06 AM
Not wanting to see anyone get a career ending injury but it is nice to see he went into camp out of shape. Sitting around pulling his **** and eating cheese burgers. We might miss him up front but thats all part of the game. Sometimes we have to take a hit to get a point across. Life moves on and we play ball....

Lefty2985
08-01-2009, 09:19 AM
i read an article a couple months ago to that he said if i allow, whatever the amount he allowed last year, sacks this year hey i am only human. wow nice desire. he got paid he doesnt care anymore.

LtFinFan66
08-01-2009, 09:31 AM
can someone please explain the correlation between a quad spasm and being out of shape?

Thank you

HHURRICANE
08-01-2009, 11:11 AM
He was interviewed on Sirrius about 3 weeks after he was traded. He had just finished his workout. The guy wasn't sitting around eating Dorritos.

Even Jauron said that Peters stays in great shape during the off-season. You guys need to get your facts straight.

If he sucks in Philly I'll be the first, THE FIRST, to say I was wrong. Let's see how many of you have the nuts to come back here after he plays great and admit to me you were wrong.

Just like all of you that thought Losman would be a great backup.

Goobylal
08-01-2009, 11:15 AM
He was interviewed on Sirrius about 3 weeks after he was traded. He had just finished his workout. The guy wasn't sitting around eating Dorritos.

Even Jauron said that Peters stays in great shape during the off-season. You guys need to get your facts straight.

If he sucks in Philly I'll be the first, THE FIRST, to say I was wrong. Let's see how many of you have the nuts to come back here after he plays great and admit to me you were wrong.

How will you define "plays great?" Making the Pro Bowl undeservedly again? Giving-up 11.5 sacks, which are "totally made-up?"

To justify what the Eagles gave up for him, and what they consider him to be, he'll need to be named AP first team All-Pro.

psubills62
08-01-2009, 06:44 PM

Obviously not good enough shape as it took him several weeks just to get into "game shape." I think part of the point of this thread is to remind people that he hasn't finished a season in a little while due to multiple little injuries. You think Philly would be really happy that their new franchise LT wasn't available for the playoffs?

Goobylal
08-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Three days and still on the PUP list. And remember, they need to jell, and the Eagles' O-line coach is trying to change Peters' technique.

zone
08-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Three days and still on the PUP list. And remember, they need to jell, and the Eagles' O-line coach is trying to change Peters' technique.
To one that doesn't allow 10 sacks a year?

Goobylal
08-02-2009, 09:49 AM
To one that doesn't allow 10 sacks a year?
I can only assume that's the change they're looking for. Or at least to give a rat's ass when he does and try to play better the next time.

Frankly I'd rather see him healthy and show that last year wasn't an aberration, and that his attitude and the groin injury he suffered at the end of 2007 (at the hands of Umenyiora, who he'll face twice a year from now on) have robbed him of what he looked like he could become. But then again, if the Bills can get a high pick from the Eagles for how he performs this year, I may be torn.

TacklingDummy
08-02-2009, 09:52 AM
He's missed parts of the last 2 season, that could be considered injury prone.

MikeInRoch
08-02-2009, 03:42 PM

Oh, you mean like last year? He *ADMITTED* he didn't keep himself in shape. Maybe you should get YOUR facts straight.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=173482

MikeInRoch
08-02-2009, 03:45 PM
And, to repeat, NO ONE has seen him play at any decent level since the injury at the end of the year two years ago. So what level of confidence can you have that he can be back there?

Goobylal
08-02-2009, 03:52 PM
And, to repeat, NO ONE has seen him play at any decent level since the injury at the end of the year two years ago. So what level of confidence can you have that he can be back there?
That was the most unbelievable thing; that he expected the Bills to give him a gigantic contract after tearing his groin at the end of 2007, sight-unseen. And then he got hurt again at the end of 2008. Maybe the Bills did "lowball" him because they were concerned about his injury-proneness (he's lucky he didn't get in the middle of the season) and his attitude?

HHURRICANE
08-02-2009, 06:25 PM
He had one off year that was the byproduct of a holdout. I'll say it one more time. If he plays like crap I will gladly admit that i was wrong and take my beating.

If he makes yet another probowl than will you guys be whinning that it is again another popularity contest?

You don't go three years in a row sucking. And why is everyone giving Dockery a pass because he was the biggest reason for Peters stats being off.

Again, The FO didn't offer market value and they traded him. Plain and simple. Either they knew something we didn't or they pulled another Winfield/Willaims and let a great player walk.

We'll know in 6 weeks.

Goobylal
08-02-2009, 06:59 PM
He had one off year that was the byproduct of a holdout. I'll say it one more time. If he plays like crap I will gladly admit that i was wrong and take my beating.

If he makes yet another probowl than will you guys be whinning that it is again another popularity contest?

You don't go three years in a row sucking. And why is everyone giving Dockery a pass because he was the biggest reason for Peters stats being off.

Again, The FO didn't offer market value and they traded him. Plain and simple. Either they knew something we didn't or they pulled another Winfield/Willaims and let a great player walk.

We'll know in 6 weeks.
Yep, we'll find out soon enough. And whether it was Dockery's fault or vice versa.

But can you imagine what would have happened to Peters in Philly had he whiffed on a blitzing safety and allowed a sack, fumble, and TD return to lose the game, like he did against the Jets? Actually with the guys he'll be facing this year, we might just see it happen again.

BillsWin
08-02-2009, 08:11 PM
dont care anymore, he isnt a Buffalo Bill. We took a loser and made him into a 1st and 4th round pick.

Scumbag College
08-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Can't the Bills get a conditional 2nd or 3rd round pick if Peters makes the Pro Bowl?

If so, go Peters in 2009. Then, whatever.

BertSquirtgum
08-03-2009, 01:11 PM
f**k him. he is a peice of sheit

Jan Reimers
08-03-2009, 02:04 PM
I think the fact that he failed his conditioning run speaks volumes about his commitment, dedication and attitude. And he is allegedly happy with the Eagles. Imagine how he would be treating the Bills had we kept him.

SABURZFAN
08-03-2009, 03:01 PM

you need to get YOUR facts straight. not ALL of us thought Losman would be a great backup. i don't need to run the list of names who thought he wouldn't because we ALL know who they are.

Goobylal
08-03-2009, 03:02 PM
you need to get YOUR facts straight. not ALL of us thought Losman would be a great backup. i don't need to run the list of names who thought he wouldn't because we ALL know who they are.
I'd rather have Losman as a backup, especially with this crew of WR's and TE's, than Fitzpatrick of Hamdan.

SABURZFAN
08-03-2009, 03:06 PM
I'd rather have Losman as a backup, especially with this crew of WR's and TE's, than Fitzpatrick of Hamdan.

i'm sorry..........

Goobylal
08-03-2009, 03:14 PM
i'm sorry..........
You will BE sorry, if (I should say "when") Trent gets hurt again and Fitzpatrick enters the game.

trapezeus
08-03-2009, 03:18 PM

that simply can't be true. Losman is a UFL'er now due to the fact that no other team wanted to waste time and money on a guy who can't throw a 10 yard pass accurately and waits all day for his long ball.

I haven't heard too many good things about fitzpatrick, but i'd take him every single day without hesitation over losman.

losman is that bad.

SABURZFAN
08-03-2009, 03:23 PM
You will BE sorry, if (I should say "when") Trent gets hurt again and Fitzpatrick enters the game.

after 5 years of the same ol' bad reruns with Losman, i doubt it.

SABURZFAN
08-03-2009, 03:24 PM
that simply can't be true. Losman is a UFL'er now due to the fact that no other team wanted to waste time and money on a guy who can't throw a 10 yard pass accurately and waits all day for his long ball.

I haven't heard too many good things about fitzpatrick, but i'd take him every single day without hesitation over losman.

losman is that bad.

thank you.....

Goobylal
08-03-2009, 03:28 PM

losman is that bad.
Did you see Fitzpatrick's stats with the Bengals last year? They have a pretty good receiving corps and a decent O-line. They (his stats) were pathetic.

Oh and the Eagles lost their starting MLB, Stewart Bradley, for the season. That along with the sad passing of Jimmy Johnson really hurts their defense, and thus their chances at the playoffs. And pre-season games haven't even started yet.

And with Shawn Andrews possibly suffering from depression again (I hope it's not true) and his brother Stacy Andres still recovering from ACL surgery in December, that O-line looks to be a mess.

Philagape
08-03-2009, 04:30 PM

If Trent gets hurt, we would have been sorry in any case.
When Trent got hurt last year, oh were we ever so sorry. I've rarely seen that much sorry.

Joe Fo Sho
08-03-2009, 04:37 PM

Really?

So you were pretty happy with Losman's 0-4 record last year? It's gonna be hard for Fitzpatrick to top that...

Goobylal
08-03-2009, 08:35 PM
Really?

So you were pretty happy with Losman's 0-4 record last year? It's gonna be hard for Fitzpatrick to top that...
No I wasn't happy. But it wasn't much better with Trent, after that 5-1 start.

Scumbag College
08-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Hey stay on topic....

Bashing Jason Peters is the point of this thread. Bashing JP Losman has been done to death.

BertSquirtgum
08-04-2009, 12:29 AM
who's the pussy that gave me negative feedback. what a pussy

BillsWin
08-04-2009, 12:58 AM
Saburz! I said he was a loser because he was before we made him into a pro bowl left tackle. "We took a loser and turned him into a 1st and a 4th."

gah, you and your 134 point power to give rep just crushed me. LOL

psubills62
08-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Did you see Fitzpatrick's stats with the Bengals last year? They have a pretty good receiving corps and a decent O-line. They (his stats) were pathetic.

Oh and the Eagles lost their starting MLB, Stewart Bradley, for the season. That along with the sad passing of Jimmy Johnson really hurts their defense, and thus their chances at the playoffs. And pre-season games haven't even started yet.

And with Shawn Andrews possibly suffering from depression again (I hope it's not true) and his brother Stacy Andres still recovering from ACL surgery in December, that O-line looks to be a mess.

I gotta say, I saw Fitzpatrick in a few games. He wasn't very good, but part of that was because the O-line for Cincy was an absolute sieve. He could barely get a pass off before getting hit. There were times when it was his fault he got hit, but most of the time he had guys in his face. And while the receiving corps had big names (Housh and Chad Ochocinco), Housh was the only decent one last year. Behind those two were two rookies (Caldwell, Simpson), although Chris Henry I believe came back around mid-season from suspension.

Fitz definitely wasn't my first choice for a backup QB, but I think we could give him a chance. I remember reading someone's revelation that Fitz was mainly around to help Edwards in the film room, since Fitzpatrick is also a pretty smart guy. I think they wanted more of a mentor than a player, which is fairly silly but possible.