• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Juice Is Loose
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2009

Ok, the ball is in Maybin's court now

Let's get real. The excuses are out the window. Slotting schmotting. If a d end 2 picks after you is signed you have the parameters in place.

Let's see if Maybin actually wants to get to camp. Or if he wants to get a sweet contract. If I'm Maybin I'm telling my agent we have the parameters and to get me to camp. The agent works for the player, not the other way around.

So let's see what happens.
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: Ok, the ball is in Maybin's court now

Originally posted by The Juice Is Loose
    Let's get real. The excuses are out the window. Slotting schmotting. If a d end 2 picks after you is signed you have the parameters in place.

Let's see if Maybin actually wants to get to camp. Or if he wants to get a sweet contract. If I'm Maybin I'm telling my agent we have the parameters and to get me to camp. The agent works for the player, not the other way around.

So let's see what happens.
    if only it were that simple..

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Have the Bills made Maybin an offer? Until they do, the ball can't possibly be in his court. He has to wait until the team makes him an offer, then he can accept, decline or counter-offer. In the meantime, there's literally nothing he can do except wait and maybe give the team some idea of what he expects.

Look, I don't like the Maybin pick either. I don't like the way the Bills are counting on an undersized rookie for pass-rushing help and I don't like the fact that a guy with such high expectations isn't in camp yet. But I think you're putting far too much blame on Maybin for this situation. It's not his fault that the Bills didn't address the pass rush in any other manner and it's not his fault that the NFL has a really ****ty system for signing first round draft picks.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bulldog
        Top Dog
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
        Have the Bills made Maybin an offer? Until they do, the ball can't possibly be in his court. He has to wait until the team makes him an offer, then he can accept, decline or counter-offer. In the meantime, there's literally nothing he can do except wait and maybe give the team some idea of what he expects.

Look, I don't like the Maybin pick either. I don't like the way the Bills are counting on an undersized rookie for pass-rushing help and I don't like the fact that a guy with such high expectations isn't in camp yet. But I think you're putting far too much blame on Maybin for this situation. It's not his fault that the Bills didn't address the pass rush in any other manner and it's not his fault that the NFL has a really ****ty system for signing first round draft picks.
        Do you know that the Bills haven't made him an offer? Or are you just being you usual pissy self?
        I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

How could the Bills not have made him an offer yet?
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

How many 1st rd picks in the top 12 have signed ????

how many 1st rd picks in general ???

and stop hating maybin already. At least give him a preseason before you bombard the board with I hate maybin posts

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Bulldog
              Do you know that the Bills haven't made him an offer? Or are you just being you usual pissy self?
              Do I know? no, but first round picks in Maybin's range are just starting to sign, so it's not unreasonable to think that the Bills haven't made him an offer.

In addition, the original poster said the ball was in Maybin's court without any proof that the Bills made him an offer. I don't know why you're singling me out when his conjecture is as bad- if not worse- than mine.

Friggin' A, I was defending a draft pick that I don't even like and I'm still getting called out. WTF do you people want from me?
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

I think it would be unreasonable to think the Bills have not made an offer. Very unreasonable. Then again, the Bills don't always seem reasonable.
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

When it comes to signing draft picks it really has nothing to do with offers. Its all about who got what last year in my spot and how much more im making than him AND who signed for what before and after me. Its more scientific for draft picks than it is for FAs.

Maybin will not miss much more time. The only other hold up now is the language in rookie contracts that agents and FO's haggle over.

Not much of this process has to do with what Maybin wants.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by yordad
                    I think it would be unreasonable to think the Bills have not made an offer. Very unreasonable. Then again, the Bills don't always seem reasonable.
                    agreed, the Bills aren't always reasonable. But teams don't like to sign their picks- or even make offers- until the players drafted around them have signed with their respective teams. It's just the way it works. Considering Orakpo was close to Maybin in the draft and just signed in the last day or so, it's not unreasonable to think the Bills haven't made an offer yet.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bulldog
                      Top Dog
                      • Jan 2003

Do I know? no, but first round picks in Maybin's range are just starting to sign, so it's not unreasonable to think that the Bills haven't made him an offer.

In addition, the original poster said the ball was in Maybin's court without any proof that the Bills made him an offer. I don't know why you're singling me out when his conjecture is as bad- if not worse- than mine.

Friggin' A, I was defending a draft pick that I don't even like and I'm still getting called out. WTF do you people want from me?
                      I'm having a hard time beleiving the Bills haven't made him an offer yet. To lay the blame at the feet of the front office at this point is crazy. And by no means am I saying Maybin is in the wrong either. I think it has more the crap system the NFL has than anything. That and agents who want to make a name for themselves by trying to land unrealistic deals.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Bulldog
                        I'm having a hard time beleiving the Bills haven't made him an offer yet. To lay the blame at the feet of the front office at this point is crazy. And by no means am I saying Maybin is in the wrong either. I think it has more the crap system the NFL has than anything. That and agents who want to make a name for themselves by trying to land unrealistic deals.
                        I agree- it's a crap system. But due to the crap system, it's entirely possible that the Bills haven't made him an offer. And that's not entirely a knock on the FO- they are somewhat bound by the aforementioned crap system. I just have a hard time seeing how the ball is in Maybin's court at this point. We have no idea what the status of the contract is- if the Bills have made him an offer, if he's declined or made a counter-offer, etc- so I don't understand how anyone can say that the ball is in Maybin's court without that information.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bulldog
                          Top Dog
                          • Jan 2003

I agree- it's a crap system. But due to the crap system, it's entirely possible that the Bills haven't made him an offer. And that's not entirely a knock on the FO- they are somewhat bound by the aforementioned crap system. I just have a hard time seeing how the ball is in Maybin's court at this point. We have no idea what the status of the contract is- if the Bills have made him an offer, if he's declined or made a counter-offer, etc- so I don't understand how anyone can say that the ball is in Maybin's court without that information.
                          And I agree with you on that point.

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

Maybin should not ever be in Bills camp because we never hould have drafted him. Go ahead and bump this thread 3 years from now.
                            Last edited by jamze132; 07-31-2009, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• ddaryl
                              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by jamze132
                              Maybin should not ever be in Bills camp because we never hould have drafted him. Go ahead and bump this thread 3 years from now.

The draft is over and he is a Bill at least have the decency to put that behind you and give the guy a chance.. he's going ot be here for 5 years you better hope your wrong instead of wanting to be right

Comment

Working...
                              X