PDA

View Full Version : Watching the top 10 "snakebitten franchises" right now on NFL Network

more cowbell
07-31-2009, 07:19 PM
How on earth are the Bills at number 10?

So far the two teams ahead of them are the Chiefs - which I don't understand

and the next one I really don't understand is the JETS?

just thought it was interesting and figured id share

Pinkerton Security
07-31-2009, 07:22 PM

the jets are terrible at drafting? all i could figure

...."and the Jets select Kicker Mike Nugent!"...

SabreEleven
07-31-2009, 07:51 PM

At least those two organizations have a SuperBowl win.

OpIv37
07-31-2009, 08:01 PM
The Bills should be #3 behind the Lions and the Browns. There really is no argument for anything other than that.

realdealryan
07-31-2009, 08:27 PM
I guess they don't count Levy's inspirational yet 'GAMEPLANLESS' coaching as a snakebite.

yordad
07-31-2009, 08:31 PM
The Bills should be #3 behind the Lions and the Browns. There really is no argument for anything other than that.You're right, top three all day.

Jeff1220
07-31-2009, 10:12 PM
Don't forget Philly. They deserve to be toward the top of the list too.

Dujek
08-01-2009, 10:32 AM
The Bills should be #3 behind the Lions and the Browns. There really is no argument for anything other than that.

Nah, Vikings ahead of the Bills as well. Bills should be in the top 5 though.

northernbillfan
08-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Definitely not #10. A close top 5 for sure. Philly, Minny, Det, Browns, heck even the original Colts have had worse luck than the Bills.

yordad
08-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Dudes, how is Philly, Minny, or Indy ahead of the Bills on anyone's snakebiten list?

northernbillfan
08-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Dudes, how is Philly, Minny, or Indy ahead of the Bills on anyone's snakebiten list?I said the original Colts because any franchise that ups and moves without much warning is snakebitten IMO. I chose Phiily as they just can't win the big game be it the conference final or the Super Bowl. The last time they won a "big" game was in 1960 whenthey won the NFL Chapionship. Minny has been there 4 times as well and walked awy empty handed and the toughest loss had to be the Dennis Green year.

Yeah the BIlls have had tough losses, but outside of the first trip to the SB the Bills failed to show up for each subsequent trip. The Memphis Miracle is perhaps our biggest letdown since wide right but the team management deserved that loss for putting Johnson in that game.

Ingtar33
08-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Philadelphia, Cleveland, Minnesota, and Buffalo.

no other teams deserve to be ahead of them.

the Lions, Bengals and Saints are just bad football teams, there is a difference between bad and "snakebit". they're bad thanks to incompetent ownership, the four listed above have been good - yet not good enough, thanks to luck, chance, and the intervention of the tooth-fairy.

I suppose the falcons, seahawks, jaguars and oilers/titans could be on the list of top 10 snakebit franchises, but not before the top 4.

yordad
08-03-2009, 02:03 PM
It straight up feels like the Bills are cursed they are so snakebiten.

Syderick
08-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Shouldn't the Arizona Cardinals be up there too?

seanbillsfan
08-03-2009, 04:00 PM
we are so "snakebitten" that we cant even get our dues on "snakebitten franchise" list