PDA

View Full Version : Bills sign S Antwain Spann

Ickybaluky
07-31-2009, 07:48 PM
Recently cut by the Patriots, the S signed with the Bills today.

LINK (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2009/07/former_patriot.html)

Lexwhat
07-31-2009, 08:05 PM
Can you share any insight on this guy?

Ickybaluky
07-31-2009, 09:24 PM
Can you share any insight on this guy?

Bounced back and forth between the practice squad and regular roster the last few years. Not the biggest or fastest guy for a S, but a high-effort player who will be physical and hit someone. Plays more like a SS, as he is aggressive, but not much in coverage from what I can tell. Did a good job on ST's.

Lexwhat
07-31-2009, 11:24 PM
Bounced back and forth between the practice squad and regular roster the last few years. Not the biggest or fastest guy for a S, but a high-effort player who will be physical and hit someone. Plays more like a SS, as he is aggressive, but not much in coverage from what I can tell. Did a good job on ST's.

Thanks.

Looks like this guy could possibly replace Dustin Fox / Ko Simpson on the depth chart.

mysticsoto
08-01-2009, 06:12 AM
Thanks.

Looks like this guy could possibly replace Dustin Fox / Ko Simpson on the depth chart.

Dustin Fox is a CB isn't he? I wonder if he might replace Wilson??? Wilson had a bad year last year and atleast this guy is a great special teamer and can contribute there also.

raphael120
08-01-2009, 09:32 AM
Hooray for high-motor players!

Scumbag College
08-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Hooray for high-motor players!

Is he high character too?

Mr. Pink
08-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Sounds like a preseason cut.

ServoBillieves
08-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Preseason cut... or is he? We're pretty stocked at safety, with Donte, Ko, Bryan, George, and leaves Fox, Wendling and Spann vying for the special teams spot. Spann has been a ST guy his entire career. Although I prefer Wendling, Spann may be a ST stud.

mysticsoto
08-01-2009, 11:44 PM
Preseason cut... or is he? We're pretty stocked at safety, with Donte, Ko, Bryan, George, and leaves Fox, Wendling and Spann vying for the special teams spot. Spann has been a ST guy his entire career. Although I prefer Wendling, Spann may be a ST stud.

Spann might be an upgrade over George. Wilson was terrible last year and allowed a WR to get behind him twice in the season which resulted in scores. In a cover 2, you cannot let someone get behind you if you are a safety...I think Wendling stays but Spann might bump Wilson out and give April an extra ace to use.