PDA

View Full Version : Stroud on Woods

Hemlepp53
08-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Not sure if this has been posted yet.

If it has been posted already MoDs please delete.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/08/01/stroud-liking-what-he-sees-in-wood/

Thought this was a good start for our boy Wood.... Hope he keeps it up. We need a mean SOB up front.

trapezeus
08-02-2009, 12:48 AM
that's some amazingly great news. i hope he keeps it up.

Prov401
08-02-2009, 01:16 AM
I am very excited about this draft. Wood and Levitre could prove to be a couple of steals. That's not counting Maybin, Byrd, Nelson, Harris, and Lankster. All seem to have great potential. But the O-Line is our most worried area, and Wood/Levitre are the two that I am paying close attention to.

jamze132
08-02-2009, 05:14 AM
If Wood is already as good as what his counterparts are saying, the guy is going to be a staple on the O-line for years. I can't wait for him to be the C and anchor this line.

HHURRICANE
08-02-2009, 09:16 AM
I love how when the news is good on Wood that somehow people try to bunch Levitre in there.

Levitre hasn't look good at all so let's keep it real.

mush69
08-02-2009, 09:22 AM
If Wood is already as good as what his counterparts are saying, the guy is going to be a staple on the O-line for years. I can't wait for him to be the C and anchor this line.

Wood need to stay right where he is at, Hangartner has the center position locked up and will produce very well for us. IMO Geoff will be the one key to getting the other 4 guys to gel. I really like Wood he is a scrapper!

mayotm
08-02-2009, 09:47 AM
I love how when the news is good on Wood that somehow people try to bunch Levitre in there.

Levitre hasn't look good at all so let's keep it real.How many practices have you been to? Let me guess, none, but one of your many inside sources has informed you that Levitre "hasn't looked good at all".

Goobylal
08-02-2009, 09:50 AM
I've heard that Levitre started-off shaky, but is getting better. Which isn't unexpected, considering he's a rookie making a position switch.

John Doe
08-02-2009, 09:57 AM

Rookie Andy Levitre got all the first-team snaps at left guard as Kirk Chambers was sidelined Saturday with a sore foot. Levitre looked good blocking in the run game.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/751797.html

Prov401
08-02-2009, 10:59 AM

Levitre is making a switch in positions, and in the reports I read, seems to be getting better and better.

The Juice Is Loose
08-02-2009, 12:01 PM
dude you could do a post about a player giving money to charity and op or hh would come in and complain about something. just ignore them.

TigerJ
08-02-2009, 12:36 PM
I've heard that Levitre started-off shaky, but is getting better. Which isn't unexpected, considering he's a rookie making a position switch.I suspect transitioning from offensive tackle to guard is more difficult than from center to guard. Of course, centers have to handle the ball, but otherwise the are blocking defensive tackles in a confined area just as guards do. Tackles have to operate in space. The guys they block are generally faster, but not as big or strong.

HHURRICANE
08-02-2009, 06:16 PM
How many practices have you been to? Let me guess, none, but one of your many inside sources has informed you that Levitre "hasn't looked good at all".

I was there this past week.

HHURRICANE
08-02-2009, 06:19 PM
dude you could do a post about a player giving money to charity and op or hh would come in and complain about something. just ignore them.

Wood has looked good. Levitre has not. Someone posted that they look good together and I corrected them. That's all.

Wood and Hangratner have looked good.

Goobylal
08-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Wood has looked good. Levitre has not. Someone posted that they look good together and I corrected them. That's all.

Wood and Hangratner have looked good.
Levitre is starting to look good.

HHURRICANE
08-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Levitre is starting to look good.

People act like I want him to suck. I want to make the playoffs so I hope he is ****ing great. He hasn't looked like Wood but it's early. Just making sure that we aren't grouping everyone together in the great category.

BillsWin
08-02-2009, 06:41 PM
anytime a probowl DT compliments an o-lineman its legit. Defensive tackles are proud, it takes alot to get one to admit defeat or even just say "This guy is real good."

Goobylal
08-02-2009, 06:56 PM
People act like I want him to suck. I want to make the playoffs so I hope he is ****ing great. He hasn't looked like Wood but it's early. Just making sure that we aren't grouping everyone together in the great category.
No one is saying he looks as good as Wood, much less that he (or even Woods) is "great." But it's been only a week into camp for a rookie making the transition from college LT to NFL LG, and word is he's improving.

I'm more concerned about the OT's. I don't know how much longer they can continue before they need to put Walker back at RT and have Chambers or Bell start at LT?

Ingtar33
08-02-2009, 06:58 PM
anyone who watched wood in college knew we were getting a baller. he was an absolute standout.

Levitre will get there. he was pretty good himself.