PDA

View Full Version : Pregame/During Game Rituals: 2009 Edition

ServoBillieves
08-03-2009, 03:47 PM
Some friends and I discuss our pregame rituals every year, and every year they tend to change. Mine, for quite some time, has stayed fairly steady, but due to our recent "success..." I'm thinking of changing it up.

Ritual 1: The Season Beard.

Screw the playoff beard, this season had better be played like the playoffs. On the morning of August 9th, I will shave my head and face. I will proceed to not shave or trim my hair for the duration of the Bills season (work policy I have to trim the facial hair.) If we make the playoffs, all work policy is taken with a grain of salt.

Ritual 2: Gameday

Here's what I'm interested in with everyone else. Everyone thinks that they have control over the game, but who knows if one person truly does? I sadly am twisted enough to think by doing these things I'm helping the teams luck. I wake up in my Buffalo Bills pajama bottoms (no matter the weather.) Wardrobe consists of either my uncles Bills hat (warm weather gift) or my grandmothers Bills headband (cold weather gift). Home games I wear Lynch Navy, Away games Parrish White, Division games Poz Throwback (both blue and white, depends on where), and in cold weather wear a white Bills hoodie underneath. Balls of Fury underwear, and lucky Buffalo Bills sock (lost one, but only need one. Other foot covered by grey or white sock.)

Breakfast consists of a hot dog, hamburger, and 10 Labatts. Side dishes include a bowl of popcorn (new this season), Lay's chips and pretzels with Bison dip (do they still have the spicy horseradish?), more beer, and my signature Buffalo Ball Buster shot.

Before kick off, I text all of my family members on my dads side saying "Be safe, drink one for Grampa, and Go Bills." A family tradition is to throw the Bills pigskin at least once during tailgate. I carry my grandfathers best-game golf ball (which, coincidentally, has the Bills logo on it) in my pocket, and then it's game time.

Ritual 3: Celebrations.

Any touchdown constitues a chugged beer (or shotgunned if not at the game), interception, sack, first down, or big play constitues a slapping of both hands of whoever I'm with.

Corny? I don't care, I'm just pumped for the season. Let's see who else is far too obsessed with the Bills.

casdhf
08-03-2009, 03:53 PM
I drink heavily before the game. And then again after the game. Also, most the time during the game.

Jeff1220
08-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Usually my pregame ritual is just getting home from church just in time to get on the computer and see kickoff.

Jan Reimers
08-03-2009, 04:28 PM
I drink heavily before the game. And then again after the game. Also, most the time during the game.
That's pretty much me, at the Ralph or in front of the TV for away games.

SABURZFAN
08-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Pregame- drink a few chilly Labatts Blues
During the Game- drink a few more chilly ones, eat some BBQ wings and pizza
After the Game- drink a few more chilly ones, get in the BillsZone and read peoples posts whining when we lose and how great the Bills are when we win, and then tell those who are wrong and who is right.

BAM
08-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Usually I stay up most of the night before (especially the night before the opener) due to anxiety, sometimes I'll sleep for 4 or 5 hours, wake up, get a shower, eat my ritalin, throw on a pregame CD which I meticulously put together in extreme OCD fashion so it's just right, drink some beers, sometimes go ghostbusting, drink some more beers, urinate a lot, and eventually watch the game and chew my thumbnails off.

BAM
08-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Some of that's true. Mostly the anxiety part. I can't wait to get out of my house most of the time to see the game.

SquishDaFish
08-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Drink,...Drink....Drink...Pizza .... Drink and DRINK more and more

jamze132
08-04-2009, 05:09 AM
I wait all ****ing day until 7:00 pm local time because that's when it starts over here in Germany. I am usually pretty lit by then.

Buffalogic
08-04-2009, 05:15 AM
I take some big bong rips and watch the pregame shows talk about every other team besides the bills.

SABURZFAN
08-04-2009, 08:10 AM
I take some big bong rips and watch the pregame shows talk about every other team besides the bills.

i used to do that. :(

those were good times........ DAMN good times........ :wail:

BAM
08-04-2009, 08:39 AM
i used to do that. :(

those were good times........ DAMN good times........ :wail:

Same here. It was pretty much an every Sunday event. Not anymore!

SABURZFAN
08-04-2009, 09:02 AM

I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

yordad
08-04-2009, 10:17 AM
I brush my teeth first. Oh, and I put on a pot of coffee.

Unless I have a flag football game prior.

Buckets
08-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Some friends and I discuss our pregame rituals every year, and every year they tend to change. Mine, for quite some time, has stayed fairly steady, but due to our recent "success..." I'm thinking of changing it up.

Ritual 1: The Season Beard.

Screw the playoff beard, this season had better be played like the playoffs. On the morning of August 9th, I will shave my head and face. I will proceed to not shave or trim my hair for the duration of the Bills season (work policy I have to trim the facial hair.) If we make the playoffs, all work policy is taken with a grain of salt.

Ritual 2: Gameday

Here's what I'm interested in with everyone else. Everyone thinks that they have control over the game, but who knows if one person truly does? I sadly am twisted enough to think by doing these things I'm helping the teams luck. I wake up in my Buffalo Bills pajama bottoms (no matter the weather.) Wardrobe consists of either my uncles Bills hat (warm weather gift) or my grandmothers Bills headband (cold weather gift). Home games I wear Lynch Navy, Away games Parrish White, Division games Poz Throwback (both blue and white, depends on where), and in cold weather wear a white Bills hoodie underneath. Balls of Fury underwear, and lucky Buffalo Bills sock (lost one, but only need one. Other foot covered by grey or white sock.)

Breakfast consists of a hot dog, hamburger, and 10 Labatts. Side dishes include a bowl of popcorn (new this season), Lay's chips and pretzels with Bison dip (do they still have the spicy horseradish?), more beer, and my signature Buffalo Ball Buster shot.

Before kick off, I text all of my family members on my dads side saying "Be safe, drink one for Grampa, and Go Bills." A family tradition is to throw the Bills pigskin at least once during tailgate. I carry my grandfathers best-game golf ball (which, coincidentally, has the Bills logo on it) in my pocket, and then it's game time.

Ritual 3: Celebrations.

Any touchdown constitues a chugged beer (or shotgunned if not at the game), interception, sack, first down, or big play constitues a slapping of both hands of whoever I'm with.

Corny? I don't care, I'm just pumped for the season. Let's see who else is far too obsessed with the Bills.

Have you ever considered therapy?

Buffalogic
08-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Don't worry guys I'll take a couple extra for my fallen bills brethren. Nothing is better than some big rips, some bills scores, and some hot wings and pizza with blue cheese and beer. I love Sundays! I'm just a lazy, hardcore bills fan enjoying some of life's great pleasures!

HAMMER
08-04-2009, 04:13 PM
I wake up at 8 AM or so depending on festing level the night before. Usually I go for a good bike ride to get the blood flowing and feel less guilty about the drinking I'm about to do all day. Shnit, shower, and sometimes shave. Implore the wife to hurry up and finish up her hair or warpaint application so we can leave for the Bills Backers Bar we attend (Blind Melons....now 710 Beach Club). While waiting for the wife I place my bets online and then do a triple crown. Shot of Crown, big b-load, and a beer dujour. Game time here is 10 AM for most games but this year we have a lot of later games which I love.

SABURZFAN
08-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Don't worry guys I'll take a couple extra for my fallen bills brethren. Nothing is better than some big rips, some bills scores, and some hot wings and pizza with blue cheese and beer. I love Sundays! I'm just a lazy, hardcore bills fan enjoying some of life's great pleasures!

make sure that my bong rip is bigger than BAM's. :up:

Hemlepp53
08-04-2009, 10:15 PM

I break out the Custom Made Bills Stash Jar (made by younger sister for a gift) and pack bowls in my Bubbler or I breakdown a Grape Dutch Master and twist that up for a slow burn. This continues throughout the game ....

Can i call this a RITUAL if i do it everyday no matter season or not????

billsfanone
08-04-2009, 10:16 PM
IF ANY BILLS FANS HAS ANY RITUAL, PLEASE STOP IMMEDIATELY. IT DOES NOT WORK. REPEAT, IT DOES NOT WORK. YOU MIGHT BE THE REASON THE BILLS HAVE BEEN SO TERRIBLE!

SABURZFAN
08-04-2009, 10:26 PM
IF ANY BILLS FANS HAS ANY RITUAL, PLEASE STOP IMMEDIATELY. IT DOES NOT WORK. REPEAT, IT DOES NOT WORK. YOU MIGHT BE THE REASON THE BILLS HAVE BEEN SO TERRIBLE!

the Bills have been terrible since Billy Buffalo's existance. i blame that blue buffoon. :mad:

Buffalogic
08-04-2009, 11:11 PM
I break out the Custom Made Bills Stash Jar (made by younger sister for a gift) and pack bowls in my Bubbler or I breakdown a Grape Dutch Master and twist that up for a slow burn. This continues throughout the game ....

Can i call this a RITUAL if i do it everyday no matter season or not????The dutchmaster. That's right on time. I usually opt for the big bong to go straight to the dome so I can get my ass back on the sofa quicker.

ServoBillieves
08-04-2009, 11:34 PM
Ugh... fine, for this season, I will at least blast one grav for our smoker fans. Sunday at 7:55.

You're welcome.

Buffalogic
08-05-2009, 12:35 AM
Blast off on the grav our first game, we will need complete toker cohesion if we are going to beat the pats.

ServoBillieves
08-05-2009, 01:08 AM
Blast off on the grav our first game, we will need complete toker cohesion if we are going to beat the pats.

Ah if I HAVE to wait then I guess that'll be a good time... haha. Let me know when you're planning your rip, I'll prepare myself for a co-ripping at around the same time.

:hitit: