X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Hand wringing

I'm so sick and tired about all you guys peeing your pants because there have been a few very minor injuries during camp! Did you all think these guys would be bowling? Would you rather be a curling fan?
    Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 08-03-2009, 05:22 PM.
  • LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Re: Hnad ringing

Should that read "hand" sir?

Comment

• LtFinFan66
      • Mar 2005

curling is cool in its own way btw

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
        • Feb 2005

LOL... Not only should it be "hand"... I believe it should be "wringing" as well.

I like curling BTW... Once every 2 years at the Winter Olympics.

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by draz54
          LOL... Not only should it be "hand"... I believe it should be "wringing" as well.

I like curling BTW... Once every 2 years at the Winter Olympics.
          pretty sure it's 4 years...

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
            • Feb 2005

Re: Hand wringing

Not the Winter Olympics.

Comment

• Romes
              • Jul 2002

Draz, I agree with you on the original post.

The Winter Olypmics is every 4 years, though. Last one was in Turin 2006, next one is in Vancouver 2010.

Its still early in the morning
              Originally posted by paladin warrior
              RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

i'm sure Eb knows of a few curling injuries that happened since he is the expert around here on that.
                Originally posted by yordad
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Romes
                  Draz, I agree with you on the original post.

The Winter Olypmics is every 4 years, though. Last one was in Turin 2006, next one is in Vancouver 2010.

Its still early in the morning
                  I stand corrected.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

The problem is that people don't realize how little depth this team has until someone gets hurt, particularly on the OL and DL.

Our OL is featuring two rookies and a career back-up. One injury and you can throw Kirk Chambers or Demetrius Bell into that cluster****. If the Dolphins or Patriots were in that situation, we'd be pointing and laughing. But the homers have themselves convinced that the OL would be better because it "couldn't possibly be worse than last year."

Oh yes it can. Mike Williams. Benny Anderson. Mike Gandy. Tutan Reyes. Need I continue? Different isn't necessarily better.

When the FO is so bad at finding talent and the teams lacks depth to the extent that the Bills do, even minor injuries have far-reaching consequences.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                      • Feb 2005

I happen to think that depth at OL and DL is solid... Demetrius Bell at either tackle position is solid... Kirk Chambers at either tackle or guard position is solid... Seth McKinney at either guard position is solid... Hangartner at any interior position is solid... Wood at any interior position is solid... Butler at right tackle or right guard or even left guard is solid.

Do you see a theme here? Start applying it to the DL as well. Unless of course you're one with expectations that every player on the roster needs to be all pro... Or they suck!!
                      Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 08-04-2009, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

I happen to think that depth at OL and DL is solid... Demetrius Bell at either tackle position is solid... Kirk Chambers at either tackle or guard position is solid... Seth McKinney at either guard position is solid... Hangartner at any interior position is solid... Wood at any interior position is solid... Butler at right tackle or right guard or even left guard is solid.

Do you see a theme here? Start applying it to the DL as well. Unless of course you're one with expectations that every player on the roster needs to be all pro... Or they suck!!

i'm not buying into the Chris Brown kool-aid. the OL and DL are still suspect.
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Ok, let's back up a second.

Demetrius Bell is COMPLETELY unproven- so what basis do you have for saying he's solid? And Wood is even less proven than Bell. It's ridiculous to call these guys "solid" when they haven't even been in a real NFL game before (well, Bell may have some limited game experience- I can't remember if he saw the field at all last year- but the point holds true anyway).

Chambers held his own last year when Peters was out, and I think he's a solid back-up for a few games. But over an entire season, his weakness will show.

Butler is an average guard at best. Everyone talks about how bad the line was last year, but everyone seems to forget that Butler and Langston Walker were part of it.

Hangartner is a CAREER BACK UP. This team has tried to make back-ups into starters many times over the past decade. The results speak for themselves.

Seth McKinney was rejected by the DOLPHINS AND BROWNS.

So, do you see a theme here? Your basis for calling these guys "solid" is due to the logo on the side of their helmets and not due to anything they've actually accomplished.

And no, I don't think that EVERY player should be an All Pro. But it would be nice if the OL- which consists of 5 starters and 3-4 backups- had ONE All-Pro in the group. Oh right- we had one but we traded him for a CB-turned-undersized-S who hasn't been to mini-camp or been on the field at training camp yet.

And we wonder why this team never wins....
                          Last edited by OpIv37; 08-04-2009, 08:34 PM.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                          X