X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kid mickey
    • Apr 2009

Feelings about Lynch losing appeal

I wrote this because I felt the need to represent Bills fans who feel its unfair. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Various news stations are reporting at this time that Marshawn Lynch’s three game suspension will be upheld. For you diehard Bills fans this feels like a blow below the belt...

Post your thoughts here or in the other thread going about it. It's appreciated.
    Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...
  • BertSquirtgum
    Legendary Zoner
    • May 2009

Re: Feelings about Lynch losing appeal

goodell is a ****ing ******. he is going to keep this suspension and let vick come right back and play. such a joke

Comment

• ServoBillieves
      The Voice of Reason
      • Jul 2007

Stallworth kills someone, Vick kills animals, Lynch has a gun on his person (in which, name how many NFL players don't.) and he gets 3 games, while felons get the same opportunity.

Mr. Goodell, go **** yourself. You want this league to last? Take interference with the players assosciation rather than cost players and teams their future. Prove a point? Good for you!

Improve the game? Not with you in charge.

Next.
      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• jamesiscool
        suck it fool.
        • Feb 2007

Goodell needs to crack down on players who play dirty ON the field. Did Marshawn deserve punishment in some sorts? Yeah sure. but what about dirt players like Wolfork etc.

They're the real felons in this league.
        Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• Billz_fan
          • Jan 2003

I want Lynch to play to. Unfortunatly he did something wrong. He broke the rules. Now if his punishment is fair compaired with others is certainly debatable. Did Marshawns previous off field indiscretions play a part in Goodells decision and punishment ? Probably.

Bottom Line, Marshawn needs to stay out of any off field troubles and he won't have anything to worry about. If he continues to get caught doing things that violate the rules then the punishments just or unjust are going to keep coming.
          The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

Lynch ****ed up. Twice. He deserves 3 games. I don't like him missing almost a quarter of the season anymore than you do but he ****ed up.

Comment

• madness
              • Apr 2003

If we should be mad at anybody, it should be Brandon Marshall. After Goodell reduced his suspension he goes and gets arrested once again. Any leniency towards Lynch went out the window right at that point.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

He deserves it.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Beastie Bills
                  Senior Zoner
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by madness
                  If we should be mad at anybody, it should be Brandon Marshall. After Goodell reduced his suspension he goes and gets arrested once again. Any leniency towards Lynch went out the window right at that point.
                  You're right.

Now, if Goodell never reduces a suspension again, I'll be satisfied. I won't be happy that he decided to start playing tough with Lynch, but if he's consistent about it from now on, then I'll be ok with it.

But, if he reduces a suspension for the next guy that comes along, I will NOT be happy about it.

Comment

• billsfanone
                    Majored in Home Economics
                    • Sep 2008

I love Marshawn, but he deserved the suspension.

Comment

• psubills62
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2008

Does Lynch deserve to be suspended? Yes. But so does Brandon Marshall this offseason, and there hasn't been a peep about Marshall after he had incidents (I believe) twice just this offseason alone.

There seems to be no consistency. Lynch definitely did something wrong and deserves to be punished, but the punishment does not seem to be in accordance with the suspensions he's handed out already.
                      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                        • Jul 2004

I knew the comish wouldnt overturn it. F***ing joke. I would say what i thought but pretty much everyone above me has already. and i hate to repeat what others have said. All we can hope is he remains healthy for the remainder of the season. I think with the 3 game susp. he will still break 1000 yards... he should come back starved and ready to enter BEAST MODE
                        @Hemlepp53

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

While it can be argued that a 2 game suspension might have been a little more fair, Lynch did have 2 relatively major incidents in a short period of time. The hit and run, in fact, could have been far worse if not for some really good luck (i.e., the victim wasn't seriously injured or killed).

You can compare Marshawn's suspensions to Marshall's and others, and come up with reasons why his treatment is a little too harsh. But all in all, it's probably about right - and might teach him a valuable lesson.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• yordad
                            • Dec 2007

To be honest, I think it is up to law enforcement to punish law breakers, not employers.

I also think parents should be role models, not running backs.
                            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
                              To be honest, I think it is up to law enforcement to punish law breakers, not employers.

nope. there are company rules you must abide by or find another job if you don't like them.
                              Last edited by justasportsfan; 08-04-2009, 11:11 AM.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X