X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kelly2reed4six
    • Dec 2008

Does T.O. retire as a bill?

IF T.O. ends up being a Bill for the next 2-3 years and happens to a win a super bowl as a bill; would he be considered a bills "legacy" like reed, kelly, thomas, or smith?

And please, if you are one of the people who have your panties in a wad and are going to whine and criticize because I even submitted this post and it "has nothing to do with bills football", please don't even respond.....
    i'm bored, excited for bills football, and am just trying to create something interesting to debate about.
    Last edited by kelly2reed4six; 08-03-2009, 09:49 PM.
  • Prov401
    President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
    • Aug 2008

Re: Does T.O. retire as a bill?

Honestly, if he signs a 2-3 year extension with the team, wins a SB in that span, and he ends up retiring after his tenure with the Bills, why not? He left on horrible terms with Philadelphia and Dallas, so you can rule those teams out of the picture. However, he played 8 years in S.F, and that would be the only team I see him retiring with as of right now. But like you said, if he wins a championship here, and stays for a few more years, I say he walks into Canton as a Bill.

Comment

• kid mickey
      • Apr 2009

Terrell Owens walks into Canton as number 81. It's tough to gauge what team he would be representing at this time.
      Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

• zone
        No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
        • Oct 2003

Without a doubt he retires as a member of the Bills.
        www.blzbus.com

Comment

• realdealryan
          realdealrex
          • Nov 2005

Doubt it. Next stop is Hollywood for this guy. So basically any other team.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

If he has a good season and takes us to the playoffs, I guarantee that he will be offered a lucrative extension! And if he actually helped us win the Super Bowl, he would definitely go on the Wall of Fame and probably even get a statue downtown somewhere. Look how the fans and city are treating him now, and he hasn't done anything for us yet....
            Last edited by Michael82; 08-04-2009, 12:29 AM.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
              The Voice of Reason
              • Jul 2007

Far too early to predict.

Phenomenal season? (SB win) Yes

Great season? No.

Good season? Yes.

Awful season? No.
              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• jamze132
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by TE2Hard-E81
                Honestly, if he signs a 2-3 year extension with the team, wins a SB in that span, and he ends up retiring after his tenure with the Bills, why not? He left on horrible terms with Philadelphia and Dallas, so you can rule those teams out of the picture. However, he played 8 years in S.F, and that would be the only team I see him retiring with as of right now. But like you said, if he wins a championship here, and stays for a few more years, I say he walks into Canton as a Bill.
                Half the fans in the world have no idea he spent all those years in SF. All they know is Dallas this and Dallas that.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

no. the Old Fart won't shell out the money to make that happen.
                  Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Bruce is Loose
                    • Jul 2002

I think we are getting ahead of ourselves... I would love if TO retired a Bill as that would mean that it works here. However, he has yet to actually even play a preseason game so I think its premature to discuss this too much.

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

What did James Lofton do and/or how do fans feel about him?

And actually, I am not so sure players pick a team in football.
                      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Luisito23
                        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                        • Apr 2003

Even if he wins a super bowl here I still see him retiring a 49'er...
                        "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                          • Sep 2003

If he wins us a Super Bowl, I will utterly not care if he stays a Bill, retires a Bill, or moves to Tibet to hang with the Dalai Lama.
                          "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by jamze132
                            Half the fans in the world have no idea he spent all those years in SF. All they know is Dallas this and Dallas that.

Isnt it the sad truth. Everyone knows him from Philly and Dallas and no one mentions him playing in the Super Bowl with an injury. He is a warrior and i would love to see him as a Bill for the years to come. I think he feels welcomed and loved as a player in Buffalo and if that continues he should stay being everywhere else was a tought stop on his career.
                            @Hemlepp53

Comment

• Mike13
                              • Aug 2005

which city hates him the least?

Comment

Working...
                              X