X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Eric Wood and Andy Levitre named Starters

Glad to see this "competition" didn't drag out. Getting these guys as many reps as possible is key.

• Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: Eric Wood and Andy Levitre named Starters

"Since Wood and Levitre were drafted, offensive line coach Sean Kugler spoke about changing the culture of play on the line, which sought stronger, tougher and smarter players up front. The staff believes they have that in their two rookie linemen."

:brilliant:

Comment

• bigbub2352
      • Feb 2005

Smartest thing this coaching staff has ever done is starting these too and drafting them
      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• ServoBillieves
        The Voice of Reason
        • Jul 2007

I still don't see this happening opening day.

Having that much raw talent in the middle scares me. Who really trusts Geoff Hangartner, Andy Levitre, or Eric Wood against Vince Wilfork?

I know it's early and I know we won't know til it happens, but I still think the smartest line would be...

Walker-Levitre-Hangartner-Butler-Chambers

Prove me wrong rooks, prove me wrong.
        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by HargroveforMVP

Having that much raw talent in the middle scares me. Who really trusts Geoff Hangartner, Andy Levitre, or Eric Wood against Vince Wilfork?

I know it's early and I know we won't know til it happens, but I still think the smartest line would be...

When you draft a guard or center in the first round he better be able to come in and start right away. Interior line positions are not that difficult to transition to in the NFL. It happens all the time. I believe 6 or 7 rookie LTs started last year and they all performed well. No reason why Wood shouldn't be able to start day one and succeed.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
            The Voice of Reason
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Mahdi
            When you draft a guard or center in the first round he better be able to come in and start right away. Interior line positions are not that difficult to transition to in the NFL. It happens all the time. I believe 6 or 7 rookie LTs started last year and they all performed well. No reason why Wood shouldn't be able to start day one and succeed.
            I'm not trying to say he'll fail, I am just a little on-edge about starting 3 new people in the middle and a tackle that is transfering. The FO has faith in the move, so I should too.

I will admit that any guard/center we plug in this year is far better than Fowler or Preston.
            Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Bills Juggernaut
              • Aug 2006

The one I trust the most is Hangartner. I watched some of the vids on him and he is going to be a very good center for us. Best by far since Hull.

Don't be surprised if he is our best O-linemen this year.
              The One and Only

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

If you were going to start only one rook, why would it be Levitre, and not Wood?
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                  My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                  • Apr 2004

Why Levitre? Wood is the better lineman so far. This doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I would feel better about Wood than Butler at guard.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                    • Jul 2004

WE need to throw them in the fire and see who can and cant handle the heat.

I think Wood is going to make a name for himself by knocking some big D Linemen on their asses. He doesnt seem to have an ounce of punk in him. Very confident and very aggressive in his play. I love the hit em in the mouth and knock em on their back O Line mentally.. from what i see Wood is the perfect mold for that style.

My real concern is Levitre.. not just the fact he is a bit slow on the pick up of what the game plan is but he got blown out of the water by the way Wood came into camp and the statements he has made thus far. Andy needs to step it up and make me a believer. I still think we need to throw him up front and see what the guy is made of. This O Line needs to take notice of Woods heart and mentaliy.

I hope it spreads like the Swine Flu....
                    @Hemlepp53

Comment

• Scumbag College
                      • Oct 2002

From LT to RT, Walker-Levitre-Hangartner-Wood-Butler get the five best O-Lineman on the field. It'll probably take a while to gel, but I can see those five starting together for the next couple of years, barring any injuries.

For depth, the versatility of McKinney and Chambers will be great to have around. McKinney can play center or guard if needed, Chambers guard or tackle. Demetrius Bell will probably stick around, but will probably see little to no playing time due to being "raw" and a "project." Jonathon Scott, too, might stick around if he's in shape.
                      Last edited by Scumbag College; 08-04-2009, 04:07 PM.
                      Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Feb 2009

This is good news is so many ways

A. The fact that the veterans didn't hang around for more than a week tells me that these two rookies are already clearly better. We've seen the vet's they beat out play, and we had good games with those guys. We're officially better at the interior 3 than we were last year.

B. Hangartner is going to be our best center since Hull, like the poster said above. The guy has been part of a winning team and should bring some of that with him. We know he can run block. If we can run the ball the way we should be able to, that will take away quite a bit of the pass rush.

C. Our screen game is already further along than it has been in the last 3 years. Even Trent said it. Screens were the biggest thing missing from this offense, IMO. Marshawn/Fred/Dominic are going to be awesome this season.

I'm getting very, very excited.

Comment

• Akhippo
                          • Nov 2002

First, I love the way Wood has come in. If he plays half as good as the hype we have a player. On paper I like the interior. Now if we can get a first round LT next year, or a RT and have Bell develop I will be more excited about this line than I have in years.
                          Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics

Comment

• tampabay25690
                            • Feb 2004

It helps them with the extra preseason game
                            GO Gators!!!!!!
                            GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

If we're going to blow up the line, it's best to do it with guys like these: smart, tough, smart, versatile, and smart.
                              I'm loving the rookie guards more and more. Could be the smartest draft picks this team has had in a long time.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X