X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

I'd sign Vick.

I give Vick a 1 year deal... His talents (beyond QB), as applied to Bills needs, far outweigh the political negatives from PETA etc. He's done his time... Paid his debt to society so to speak. Let's take advantage of what he can bring to the Bills at the bargain price the media dictates.
  • BSU Drew
    • Feb 2007

Re: I'd sign Vick.

One word answer... NO

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

this would be bigger than the JP Losman debates that we waged for 2+ years.

BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

I'd beat him to tears with a rawhide bone.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Night Train
          I'd beat him to tears with a rawhide bone.
          That sounds like a good reason for the rest of us to want him now. I would like to see that one.
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
            • Apr 2005

the distraction and the circus he would bring here is not worth jeapordizing what Trent is on the cusp of...

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
              Making Spirits Bright
              • Mar 2006

BRING HIM IN!!!

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                • Sep 2003

Setting aside Vick's dog issues, what are we signing him to play? QB? I know Vick was a media darling ala T.O. but unlike T.O. his razzle-dazzle never amounted to many W's for the Falcons. So again I ask: why sign Vick?? Or are you just looking for another hit of media attention like T.O. brought?

PTR

Originally posted by draz54
                I give Vick a 1 year deal... His talents (beyond QB), as applied to Bills needs, far outweigh the political negatives from PETA etc. He's done his time... Paid his debt to society so to speak. Let's take advantage of what he can bring to the Bills at the bargain price the media dictates.
                10 Commandments of the D
                1. Never stop Rocking.
                2. Legalize all drugs.
                3. Quit your day job.
                4. All Religion should be taxed.
                5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                6. F**k her gently.
                7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                  Making Spirits Bright
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
                  Setting aside Vick's dog issues, what are we signing him to play? QB? I know Vick was a media darling ala T.O. but unlike T.O. his razzle-dazzle never amounted to many W's for the Falcons. So again I ask: why sign Vick?? Or are you just looking for another hit of media attention like T.O. brought?

PTR
                  I would disagree with that. He was pretty good when allowed to run around like he wanted to. He would be pretty good if we ran some wildcat plays. I think it's hard to say that he wouldn't be able to help this team.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by draz54
                    I give Vick a 1 year deal... His talents (beyond QB), as applied to Bills needs, far outweigh the political negatives from PETA etc. Let's take advantage of what he can bring to the Bills at the bargain price the media dictates.

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho
                    I would disagree with that. He was pretty good when allowed to run around like he wanted to. He would be pretty good if we ran some wildcat plays.

I disagree. With the hopeful improvement with the Offensive Play Calling we need Trent in there doing what we plan to do for the future. Mike Vick would be fun to watch and blah blah blah.... We drafted Trent to replace this other guy who was considered an althetic QB... why do we continue to take or want to take steps backward... Give Trent the ball on every snap.. regardless if we are running a passing play or just handing it off to 23/22. We broght TO in to make Trents game better and provide more options in the passing game... We got a top Running Back maybe even two top backs with Jackson on board now. I think he can start on at least a 1/4 of the teams in the NFL. We do not need Vick...
                    @Hemlepp53

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                      Making Spirits Bright
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Hemlepp53
                      I disagree. With the hopeful improvement with the Offensive Play Calling we need Trent in there doing what we plan to do for the future. Mike Vick would be fun to watch and blah blah blah.... We drafted Trent to replace this other guy who was considered an althetic QB... why do we continue to take or want to take steps backward... Give Trent the ball on every snap.. regardless if we are running a passing play or just handing it off to 23/22. We broght TO in to make Trents game better and provide more options in the passing game... We got a top Running Back maybe even two top backs with Jackson on board now. I think he can start on at least a 1/4 of the teams in the NFL. We do not need Vick...
                      I would agree that we do not need him, and I don't think that there is a chance that we sign him.

But when I went to training camp, I saw roscoe, freddie and lynch practicing the wildcat offense, and they even threw in the option. Since this is already in the offensive plan, how would we be taking steps backward? Vick would be way more dangerous than putting roscoe at "QB".

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho
                        I would agree that we do not need him, and I don't think that there is a chance that we sign him.

But when I went to training camp, I saw roscoe, freddie and lynch practicing the wildcat offense, and they even threw in the option. Since this is already in the offensive plan, how would we be taking steps backward? Vick would be way more dangerous than putting roscoe at "QB".
                        Putting Vick in for the Wildcat once and from that point forward he is red flagged the second he hits the field. He has nothing to offer but his ability to run... The wildcat works when you have all the componets on the field at teh same time. Needs to be a dual threat in the back field whether it be a passing QB and a RB or two RB with passing ability.... Waste of money and a step backward for Trent... He needs the snaps...
                        @Hemlepp53

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                          Making Spirits Bright
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Hemlepp53
                          Putting Vick in for the Wildcat once and from that point forward he is red flagged the second he hits the field. He has nothing to offer but his ability to run... The wildcat works when you have all the componets on the field at teh same time. Needs to be a dual threat in the back field whether it be a passing QB and a RB or two RB with passing ability.... Waste of money and a step backward for Trent... He needs the snaps...
                          I'm the first to admit that I don't know everything about the wildcat, but it seems like putting the QB out wide is a waste of a player on the field. With Vick at QB, Trent can rest a play and talk to the coaches about whatever it is they talk about. A threat (ala a WR or RB) can be split out wide and that further opens up the passing threat.

I have 2 questions about the bolded quote...

1 - Why don't you think Vick has the ability to pass and run? I know he was in jail for 18 months, but he can't be a worse passer than an RB with the ability to pass. I mean, he was a QB (kind of) since he came in the league like 8 years ago.

2 - What else are we going to do with the available cap space? I know that there are TONS of other possibilities, but let's be realistic here. The Bills will probably go into the season with more than enough cap space to cover Vick's cost.

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

The question was asked, "what do we do with Vick?"

Uh... play back-up QB? He's better than Fitzpatrick.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                              this would be bigger than the JP Losman debates that we waged for 2+ years.

BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!
                              2 years? You must be smoking a lot of weed and forgot the other 2 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X