PDA

View Full Version : Where is the "Maybin has signed thread"?

chernobylwraiths
08-04-2009, 09:35 PM
It has got to be around here somewhere. I KNOW he can't still be holding out.

OpIv37
08-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Orakpo's in camp. Just sayin'.

BillsWin
08-04-2009, 09:42 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/story/753358.html

http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=177590

http://twitter.com/AaronMaybin58

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/08/03/crabtree-holdout-not-helping-maybin-talks/

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/07/31/figures-on-orakpo-deal/

OpIv37
08-04-2009, 09:48 PM
DiCesare's an idiot.

Maybin is an undersized rookie who is our ONLY upgrade to a pathetic pass rush. 5 weeks of prep isn't nearly enough. The guy needs every second on the field that he can get.

scartown
08-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Honestly he could have signed two months ago and it wouldn't have changed my expectations for him this year. I'm not expecting much from him early in the season. We'll see what happens in the second half of the year

Romes
08-04-2009, 10:06 PM
The system sucks. Rookie salary formulas should be written into the CBA...

jamze132
08-05-2009, 12:11 AM
The system sucks. Rookie salary formulas should be written into the "Jerry Jones"...

edited

MikeInRoch
08-05-2009, 07:26 AM
Orakpo's in camp. Just sayin'.

Just sayin' what exactly? That they should have known he would have been easier to sign at draft time? Or that it clearly means those extra couple days would mean he'd have a much better career?

Jan Reimers
08-05-2009, 07:32 AM
Maybin is unsigned. The season is over on August 5th.

madness
08-05-2009, 09:17 AM
Just sayin' what exactly? That they should have known he would have been easier to sign at draft time? Or that it clearly means those extra couple days would mean he'd have a much better career?

That he has a better agent than Maybin. That's about it.

Orakpo will also be playing a split role of LB and will be @ DE only on 3rd downs.... Just sayin'

Jan Reimers
08-05-2009, 09:27 AM
Maybin's first name is "Aaron?" I thought it was "The Undersized."

OpIv37
08-05-2009, 05:13 PM

that if we signed Orakpo, not only would we have the better player NOW, but he'd actually be in camp. It's really not that difficult to comprehend.

And btw, read the news articles on Maybin. Every single one mentions how Maybin's agent has a history of "patience." It's no secret that this could have been a problem.

And for the record, I'm so sick of this "better career" stuff. The Bills have been building for the future for a decade now. So what if Maybin is a better player in three years? By that time, TO, Stroud, Reed, McGee, Mitchell, Whitner and others will be either gone or washed up and we'll be starting all over again.

When is this team ever going to do what it takes to win NOW?

OpIv37
08-05-2009, 05:14 PM
That he has a better agent than Maybin. That's about it.

Orakpo will also be playing a split role of LB and will be @ DE only on 3rd downs.... Just sayin'

and Maybin is going to be playing LB on 3rd downs and sitting on 1st and 2nd downs Oops.

OpIv37
08-05-2009, 05:15 PM
Honestly he could have signed two months ago and it wouldn't have changed my expectations for him this year. I'm not expecting much from him early in the season. We'll see what happens in the second half of the year

I agree, but the point is that Maybin is the only "upgrade" to our pass rush. Anything that gives him an outside chance of being more effective needs to be done because it's the only chance we have at getting to the QB.

Jan Reimers
08-06-2009, 08:13 AM
that if we signed Orakpo, not only would we have the better player NOW, but he'd actually be in camp. It's really not that difficult to comprehend.
Op, I respect your opinions, but please do not present them as indisputable facts. You have no more knowledge than I whether Orakpo is a better player than Maybin now, or will be in the future. Nor do you know whether, as our 11th pick, he would be signed and in camp at this point.

You have called me, and other optimists, "illogical" on many occasions. Many of your posts, like this one, which are based on no factual information at all, fall into this same category.

yordad
08-06-2009, 08:27 AM
Maybin's first name is "Aaron?" I thought it was "The Undersized."That is his middle name.

MikeInRoch
08-06-2009, 08:58 AM

It's only tough to comprehend because it's an assertion that is not knowable. Automatically assuming that he would actually be in camp is not logical. There are many factors that could be different.

And for the record, I'm so sick of this "better career" stuff. The Bills have been building for the future for a decade now. So what if Maybin is a better player in three years? By that time, TO, Stroud, Reed, McGee, Mitchell, Whitner and others will be either gone or washed up and we'll be starting all over again.

When is this team ever going to do what it takes to win NOW?

And I'm so sick of your 'sacrifice everything past today to just make the playoffs today' attitude, as well as your "better player now" assessment, which you make WITHOUT EITHER OF THEM HAVING PLAYED A DOWN.