PDA

View Full Version : When I look at our defense...

more cowbell
08-05-2009, 03:53 PM
I get sick to my stomach looking at #90 starting at defensive end.

Seriously, how is this guy a starter in the league, let alone making upwards of 7 mil this season.

Obviously the coaching staff sees something in this guy because he is starting, and they don't seem to be in too much of a hurry to get Maybin into camp.

I really want to see Chris Ellis this pre-season. He didn't do much of anything last year, but i'm not ready to label this guy a bust just yet...he was a pretty damn good player in college. Let's hope the light goes on for him sooner than later because Kelsay as a starter is a big problem.

Yasgur's Farm
08-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Uhmmm... He's actually making $3M in '09. Even if you choose to include his amortized bonus, he counts $5M against the cap.

In the old west, shooting from the hip gets you dead.

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2008/02/24/billszones_2008_buffalo_bills_salary_cap_page.php

Yasgur's Farm
08-05-2009, 05:20 PM
too bad our lackluster DL won't even get within arm's length of him. The only way he gets hurt against Buffalo is if he trips over his own shoelaces.You've confused me OP... Are you in the right thread?

OpIv37
08-05-2009, 05:31 PM
You've confused me OP... Are you in the right thread?

you're right- that was intended for another thread.

I don't know how I ended up in the wrong one.

more cowbell
08-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Uhmmm... He's actually making $3M in '09. Even if you choose to include his amortized bonus, he counts $5M against the cap.

In the old west, shooting from the hip gets you dead.

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2008/02/24/billszones_2008_buffalo_bills_salary_cap_page.php

okay excuse me for being 2 million off on kelsay's camp number for this season.

doesnt excuse the fact that he is still overpaid

Goobylal
08-05-2009, 08:45 PM
okay excuse me for being 2 million off on kelsay's camp number for this season.

doesnt excuse the fact that he is still overpaid
You could have used your screen name when starting this thread.

DMBcrew36
08-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Kelsay isn't the only one who makes me sick about our defensive-end situation. Our defense having success depends greatly on the defensive-ends getting to the QB and we have no one who can generate pressure on a regular basis.

jamze132
08-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Our pass rush is going to be as stagnant as last year. It makes me want to kick Jauron in the back of the nuts.

Hemlepp53
08-06-2009, 05:19 PM
If we get Maybin into camp and ink on the contract we should be seeing Kelsay riding the pine. I am one who expects big things on the field from him. Regardless of size.

ServoBillieves
08-06-2009, 08:15 PM
I get excited seeing Poz, 2 shut down corners, Kawika Mitchell, Marcus Stroud, Kyle Williams, strong corner depth, a possible breakout season at SS (sorry Op, you never know) and strong safety depth. A healthy Schobel excites me even more.

DMBcrew36
08-06-2009, 08:29 PM
I get excited seeing Poz, 2 shut down corners, Kawika Mitchell, Marcus Stroud, Kyle Williams, strong corner depth, a possible breakout season at SS (sorry Op, you never know) and strong safety depth. A healthy Schobel excites me even more.

All of those players you listed (with the exception of Schobel) require the defensive-ends to get to the QB. Poor defensive-ends makes everyone else on D look worse. Since our DEs can't do ****, how can you get too excited about any of the rest of them?

ServoBillieves
08-06-2009, 09:02 PM
All of those players you listed (with the exception of Schobel) require the defensive-ends to get to the QB. Poor defensive-ends makes everyone else on D look worse. Since our DEs can't do ****, how can you get too excited about any of the rest of them?

Kawika blitzing is on par with a DE IMO... he always tends to wreak havoc. I also like the looks that Poz and Mitch are giving this year, can never tell if they're blitzing or what.

Hemlepp53
08-06-2009, 10:02 PM
A healthy Schobel excites me even more.

Schobel needs to show his ass this season and show what he can do. Our line can and should be a beast this season. I expect alot out of the DEFENSE with the line we have on roster.

jamze132
08-07-2009, 06:29 AM
Schobel needs to show his ass this season and show what he can do. Our line can and should be a beast this season. I expect alot out of the DEFENSE with the line we have on roster.
But we already know what a healthy Schobel brings to our defense. About 7-9 garbage time sacks.

How in the hell do you expect a lot out of the defense with the line we have? What do you see that I don't? Educate me.

DMBcrew36
08-07-2009, 07:58 AM
But we already know what a healthy Schobel brings to our defense. About 7-9 garbage time sacks.

How in the hell do you expect a lot out of the defense with the line we have? What do you see that I don't? Educate me.

I'm with you. Schobel didn't show **** in his 3+ games before he got injured last year. I just remember 1 garbage sack against a poor Seattle Seahawks team when the game was already over.

Tatonka
08-07-2009, 08:15 AM
players and coaches voted schobel to the probowl because he is such a household name.. not because he is a good player..

:rolleyes:

jamze132
08-07-2009, 09:10 AM
players and coaches voted schobel to the probowl because he is such a household name.. not because he is a good player..

:rolleyes:
you really believe that? :lol:

Schobel is one of the most quiet players in the NFL. He's a country boy. Most players in the NFL come from the streets where they have absolutely nothing in common with some corn-bread mother ****er.

I have a hard time believing that many players and coaches voted for him because of his hame. People vote for their buddies. I doubt he has too many buddies in Compton or LBC.