PDA

View Full Version : Mike Williams

lmcshadow
08-05-2009, 06:31 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/quick-take-on-mike-williams.html?wprss=redskinsinsider

The Washington Post's Jason Reid writes, "It has been painful to watch tackle Mike Williams in pass protection since camp opened . . . you don't need to be a player, scout or coach to know he doesn't belong on a football field right now in a competitive environment."

So much for a comeback...

SABURZFAN
08-05-2009, 06:36 PM
i read in the USA Today that he weighed 450 lbs back in February.

OpIv37
08-05-2009, 06:41 PM
I was mocking all the Skins fans around here when they signed him. Time for the "I told you so" 's!

Ickybaluky
08-05-2009, 06:45 PM
i read in the USA Today that he weighed 450 lbs back in February.

He has lost 100 lbs since then. which is probably part of his problem. Losing all that weight means he has to get used to his new body, and the fact he hasn't played football in years is difficult to overcome.

One would think he will improve, the question becomes do the Redskins have the ability to wait for him to learn to play again. Their OL is a big problem which looks like it will plague them all year. They aren't a bad team other than that.

SABURZFAN
08-05-2009, 06:49 PM
He has lost 100 lbs since then. which is probably part of his problem. Losing all that weight means he has to get used to his new body, and the fact he hasn't played football in years is difficult to overcome.

One would think he will improve, the question becomes do the Redskins have the ability to wait for him to learn to play again. Their OL is a big problem which looks like it will plague them all year. They aren't a bad team other than that.

yeah... it said he was down to 342 lbs. that is a lot of weight to lose in a short time. the Skins didn't do anything in the draft to help their OL either. that was surprising.

lmcshadow
08-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Stay-Puff just met his match.........himself

Akhippo
08-05-2009, 07:18 PM
How can it seem like every other team can pick a LT that will lynch pin their line for years. Alot of first rounders last year especially. WE, WE get a huge dud that put us back years in O line development. Instead of a ring of honor, we need a wall of first round bust. Right by the urinals to represent how the FO has pissed away potential.

Flowers, McGahee, JP, Bledsoe. R Johnson, M Williams, etc.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-05-2009, 08:05 PM
yeah, but when we do find a LT we jerk him around and dump him on Philly. Imean, who needs a LT anyway right?