PDA

View Full Version : A different angle on why Maybin isnt signed

X-Era
08-05-2009, 06:50 PM
I happened across this article which shows the signings in the 1st round.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-10-4/Contract-status-of--09-first-round-draft-picks.html

Basically, the signed guy above him and below him have a difference of over 20 mill in contract over 5 years.

Heyward-Bey at 7 is signed for 5 years, 38.25mill with 23.5 mill guaranteed

Orakpo at 13, is signed for 5 years, 15.4 mill, and 10.16 guaranteed

Thats a 22.85 mill gap (13.4 for gauranteed money).

The question is then where in the hell does Maybin fit and what should he get?

If you do the math, and use the above contracts as your bracket, your looking at 3.8 mill less for each pick after Heyward Bey.

That would mean Maybin should be at 3.8 * 4 = 15.23, and then 38.25-15.23 = 23.02 for 5 years.

I just see that with such a huge difference in contract between the guy above him that's signed and the guy below him, that there is still a ton left to negotiate.

Add in the Crabtree factor with his ridiculous demands and we could be looking at a long holdout.

Goobylal
08-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Time to give him an ultimatum. Take the contract offered, or sit out and re-enter next year. He's not going to do it because he'd lose a year of NFL money and probably wouldn't be picked in the 1st round next year.

Saratoga Slim
08-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Time to give him an ultimatum. Take the contract offered, or sit out and re-enter next year. He's not going to do it because he'd lose a year of NFL money and probably wouldn't be picked in the 1st round next year.

And just forget about our first round pick for this year?

That isn't an option either, because he knows full well the Bills wouldn't do that.

It's annoying that he's not here yet and not a good step towards him being able to contribute this year, but we really haven't reached crisis territory yet. I haven't even reached a point where I'm pissed at him yet.

I'm giving him until mid-next week before I start to really question his/his agent's attitude.

Raptor
08-05-2009, 09:25 PM

Worst idea ever

jamze132
08-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Sorry but I have a hard time believing that Maybin will ever be worth $20M.

The Juice Is Loose
08-06-2009, 02:05 PM
Worst idea ever

yeah, its a terrible idea to not commit 20+ million to an undersized d end who's not willing to practice until you meet his demands. we should just do what he wants and then when he sucks pay him all that money.

telling crabtree and maybin to piss off would be a huge step in the right direction to end this rediculous rookie wage scale. period.

Night Train
08-07-2009, 05:52 AM
Heyward-Bay is the reason several picked right after him ( including Maybin ) isn't signed.

The Raiders reached for the guy, then gave him insane $$, screwing the othe teams. Now everyone behind him wants to be overpaid to keep pace.

Thanks Al Davis, you senile a$$hat. :bf1: