X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

Could this happen??

As we all know Marshawn Lynch won't play the first 3 games, which paves the way for Fred Jackson to display his talents full circle. Truth be told, Fred Jackson is my fav player on the Bills, so I may be a bit biased. Lets say that Action Jackson has 3 great games, and then, Marshawn comes back. If this happens, (and could very well be the case) how does our coaching staff split up the carries then?? Could it happen, at season's end that Fred Jackson is our #1 back?? Talent wise, I really don't think there is that big of a difference b/w Lynch and Jackson, and one thing I love about Jackson is that he almost always gets positive yardage, not to mention he is money catching the ball outta the backfield.

I think its very realistic that this scenario comes to fruition this season. What say you oh Bills brothern....
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...
  • realdealryan
    realdealrex
    • Nov 2005

Re: Could this happen??

Those two switching depth chart positions in a so-called 2-back system is about 14386438120346830 times less worrisome than, say, our offensive line, pass rush, or consistent production from Trent.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
      The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by realdealryan

get it right

:)
      In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
        Making Spirits Bright
        • Mar 2006

Win-Win, whoever plays better should be on the field. Since it is a 2 back system, it's not like the "backup" won't see the field. Nothing bad can possibly come of Freddie playing lights out in the first 3 games this season.

We should be so lucky to have this problem at other positions.

Comment

• seanbillsfan
          • May 2007

its possible but i think its unlikely. i believe that marshawn is gonna be highly motivated and he is going to destroy the fins D on week 4. he will finish with more yds this season than last.

Comment

• Lexwhat
            • Feb 2005

I don't anticipate this being a problem, as long as Turk Schonert is smart about it. Both Jackson and Lynch are talented, and we need to have both these guys contributing every game.

It also doesn't hurt that Jackson and Lynch have a good relationship with each other, and will do what is best for the team. This is in contrast to the McGahee/Henry situation.

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

Who's contract is bigger?
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• jamze132
                Don’t hate…
                • Jun 2003

I am pretty sure Lynch is better than Jackson.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Lynch is a stronger and better RB, and far better equipped to take the pounding that comes from getting the majority of the carries. I would like to see Lynch get 20 or more touches a game, and Jackson - a very good and versatile backup - get 10 plus.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

Fred "THE GEM" Jackson will make an excellent 3rd down back when Lynch returns. He is even better then Lynch for the passing game.
                    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

jackson will be able to shoulder the load as a starter. the times he's had to do it, he's gotten 100+ yards a game. he's a squirmy runner. he gets small and gets through shoddy line play.

Lynch loves contact. and he is a beast. when he's doing well. by the time the 4th quarter rolls around, he gets stronger and even harder to bring down.

i think if rhodes is half way servicable, the bills could in theory bring out lynch in the backfield and have jackson slide into the slot position. put TO and Lee on the outsides, and even a shoddy line should make defenses worried about who they should be covering and singling in on.

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        Lynch is a stronger and better RB, and far better equipped to take the pounding that comes from getting the majority of the carries. I would like to see Lynch get 20 or more touches a game, and Jackson - a very good and versatile backup - get 10 plus.
                        This is the main reason I think it will always be Lynch/Jackson instead of the other way around. Lynch is more of a workhorse back. Jackson has proven to be very good in spot work, but can he handle 280-300 carries a season? No one knows.
                        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• yordad
                          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by psubills62
                          This is the main reason I think it will always be Lynch/Jackson instead of the other way around. Lynch is more of a workhorse back. Jackson has proven to be very good in spot work, but can he handle 280-300 carries a season? No one knows.
                          No one knows that he can't either.
                          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Lexwhat
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            With the WRs we have, I hope we deviate from being a "run-first" team.

Meaning, we need to be a multi-dimensional Offense this year. IMO, we have so much firepower at WR and I would hope the run:pass ratio is about equal.

Comment

• psubills62
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by yordad
                              No one knows that he can't either.
                              Right, but we do know that he's an excellent complement to Lynch, who is the workhorse. Why bother switching them when they fit their roles quite well already?
                              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Working...
                              X