X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Canadian'eh!
    • Mar 2004

Who has been turning heads in camp?

I've not been following the day to day camp stuff so far. I've been a bit too busy. So I was wondering who has been impressing so far at camp?

I've heard the O looks good with Trent. Especially the No huddle. But the backup QB's have stuggled.

But otherwise, who is having a good camp? Any surprise rookies? And Vets struggling? How's the O Line? Dline? Does Schobel look 100%?

I knwo Ellis Lankster was really great at minicamps... is he still amking a push for a roster spot?

Thanks.
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

Re: Who has been turning heads in camp?

The team nurse. *cough* *cough*

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

i heard the Bowens and McKinney scuffle turned a few heads.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by madness
        The team nurse. *cough* *cough*
        I've heard this banged up complaint thing a lot... but really... If you watch the news from other camps they are having just as many injuries. Atlanta lost their #3 WR for the year, Philly lost their starting MLB.

THere's bound to be bumps and bruises and strains at this point really. We've gotten off lucky so far IMO.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
          I've heard this banged up complaint thing a lot... but really... If you watch the news from other camps they are having just as many injuries. Atlanta lost their #3 WR for the year, Philly lost their starting MLB.

THere's bound to be bumps and bruises and strains at this point really. We've gotten off lucky so far IMO.
          I totally agree with you. And I think madness was simply making a "Turn your head and cough" joke, not pointing out our level of injuries.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

I've not been following the day to day camp stuff so far. I've been a bit too busy. So I was wondering who has been impressing so far at camp?

I've heard the O looks good with Trent. Especially the No huddle. But the backup QB's have stuggled.

But otherwise, who is having a good camp? Any surprise rookies? And Vets struggling? How's the O Line? Dline? Does Schobel look 100%?

I knwo Ellis Lankster was really great at minicamps... is he still amking a push for a roster spot?

Thanks.
            Lankster continues to impress. Bell is coming along. Wood is a beast. McCargo seems rejuvinated. FLorence, the vet CB they added seems to be the #3 CB right now. Fitz is getting better. Chris Ellis is showing flashes. Harris (LB) is turning some heads.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• cocamide
              • Oct 2006

What about Pat Thomas? He seems to be around the ball all the time. For the people who have gone to the practices, how does he look?

Comment

• madness
                • Apr 2003

This should help.

Keeping track of Buffalo's 2009 draft class

The Buffalo Bills' eight drafted rookies have had varying degrees of success and failure through two weeks of training camp. Buffalo Rumblings provides the details.

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by cocamide
                  What about Pat Thomas? He seems to be around the ball all the time. For the people who have gone to the practices, how does he look?
                  Although, I don't think you were specifically asking me...... appearently not good enough to lock in the #2 MLB spot. He keeps rotating with Buggs.
                  Last edited by yordad; 08-06-2009, 02:08 PM.
                  "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Feb 2009

Let me save OP some time on posting a comment here

"Everybody was turning their head, away in disgust, because we don't belong in the NFL"

There we go. Now he doesn't have to say it.

Comment

• The Popcorn
                      Cincinatti > Buffalo
                      • Jun 2009

Terrell Owens
                      The Popcorn and Terrell Owens are coming to a town near you.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        I totally agree with you. And I think madness was simply making a "Turn your head and cough" joke, not pointing out our level of injuries.
                        Wow... I can't believe that obvious joke flew right over my head. Time for a vacation.

But hopefully it's the doctor turnign the heads and not so much the nurse... or it's probably just for fun.

Comment

• BillsWin
                          man amongst boys
                          • Oct 2008

OT Bell has looked fantastic compared to last year. Prior to his injury, Steve Johnson was lighting it up, Youboty has returned to form, Edwards hasnt been an issue, he has been sharp, accurate and "mystical" with the deep throws to Lee and T.O according to Tim Graham at ESPN.

T.O was burning our DBs in camp early, but has either slowed down, or Chris Brown has stopped reporting it.

Lee has looked awesome.

Reed has been consistent

Parrish has turned heads, but usually with the 2nd team.

Fitzpatrick was awful to start camp but gets better everyday. he has had some pretty passes the past few days.

Butler is hurt, but may be back soon.

Wood has been VERY physical and is proving why he was a 1st rounder.

Levitre has been OK, but is getting better.

Hangnarter has been pretty consistent, may be the best center we've had in years.

Kyle Williams is having a great camp.

Schobel has returned alot healthier than hes been in a while.

Rookie Shawn Nelson has shown flashes, but hasnt got much chances because he got injured and the two Dereks have been pretty good in camp thus far.

Lindell is dead on with his kicks, Moorman is nailing punts inside the 10 consistently.

Hope I was of some help.
                          I am The Batman.

Comment

Working...
                          X