THATHURMANATOR
08-06-2009, 08:43 AM
:please:

SABURZFAN
08-06-2009, 08:49 AM
i feel your pain.

MikeInRoch
08-06-2009, 08:52 AM
It takes TWO to have someone sign. Are you assuming that it must be a front office problem?

Ickybaluky
08-06-2009, 09:14 AM
I think only 7 of the top 15 picks have signed so far. This seems a league-wide issue.

Aero II
08-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Thank Crabtree's agent for ****** this for everyone.

yordad
08-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Thank Crabtree's agent for ****** this for everyone.I am thanking Maybin's agent for mistakenly thinking Crabtree's contract matters at all. And, I blame the Bills for not making it 100% clear Crabrtree's contract is 100% irrelevant.

Scumbag College
08-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Why doesn't every team start negotiating with their first round picks the day after the draft? Every year, it seems like more and more first round picks miss significant TC time because of contract negotiations. You would think the agents and owners would learn and start to do something about it.

ddaryl
08-06-2009, 10:25 AM
And, I blame the Bills for not making it 100% clear Crabrtree's contract is 100% irrelevant.

and how do you know they haven't done that ?

madness
08-06-2009, 10:26 AM
Picks 8-12 are still unsigned. It doesn't matter who we would have picked there. He'd still be holding out.

yordad
08-06-2009, 10:29 AM
and how do you know they haven't done that ?Because it seems Maybin's agent doesn't understand that. They may have tried to make it clear, but appearently Maybin's agent misunderstood some portion of that message. But, hey, I didn't interview either side. I keep reading Crabtree's contract is holding things up, and I'm working with what I got.

The Juice Is Loose
08-06-2009, 10:30 AM
I dont see how Crabtree is relevant to Maybin.

Orakpo signed. Two picks back. You can't ALL wait.

If a player or agent had good intentions like they claim, they'd be the ones to break the ice and sign.

Take what Orakpo got. Take what his slot got last year. Figure out the percentage increase. Apply the same percentage increase from #11 last year, and you have a fair contract.

This is ***** stupid. Not that Maybin is gonna make any difference anyway.

methos4ever
08-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Why doesn't every team start negotiating with their first round picks the day after the draft? Every year, it seems like more and more first round picks miss significant TC time because of contract negotiations. You would think the agents and owners would learn and start to do something about it.
They do keep that in mind SC, but then there are the people who have PR guns to their heads that agree to deals that are ridiculous, the agents that want more than what the slot should get and those agents/teams that want to wait and see what is given around their slot before they commit.

Bear in mind, as much as a few people have stated that it doesn't matter what Crabtree gets to Maybin, it does. If Parker can convince the 49ers to give Crabtree top 5 money in the top 10, that helps him for years with other clients and ensures he stays Crabtree's agent - because he promised that Michael would get picked in the top 5. So now, if he doesn't, he can go to CAA or Rosenhaus sports and bye bye goes his future earnings potential with Crabtree or anyone in college right now that is watching this go on and contemplating an agent when they go pro. For Maybin and his agents, it behooves them to wait, because they may a) get out of a 6 year deal and b) get more money than the 11 slot should.

Finally, for us, as bad as the practice reps missed are for Aaron, his absence is giving the coaches a look at a bubble player who would have been cut by now - and maybe that guy is getting reps that bump another guy and ultimately make the team overall better.

Just my opinion.

Prov401
08-06-2009, 10:33 AM

Exactly.

madness
08-06-2009, 10:35 AM

If a player or agent had good intentions like they claim, they'd be the ones to break the ice and sign.

Take what Orakpo got. Take what his slot got last year. Figure out the percentage increase. Apply the same percentage increase from #11 last year, and you have a fair contract.

Unfortunately nobody cares about the picks behind you except the next one.

Picks 8-10 gives you your max. Without them you could easily throw away a couple million. Unless it's an offer your agent can't refuse he's holding out to max his profits.

psubills62
08-06-2009, 10:36 AM
They do keep that in mind SC, but then there are the people who have PR guns to their heads that agree to deals that are ridiculous, the agents that want more than what the slot should get and those agents/teams that want to wait and see what is given around their slot before they commit.

Bear in mind, as much as a few people have stated that it doesn't matter what Crabtree gets to Maybin, it does. If Parker can convince the 49ers to give Crabtree top 5 money in the top 10, that helps him for years with other clients and ensures he stays Crabtree's agent - because he promised that Michael would get picked in the top 5. So now, if he doesn't, he can go to CAA or Rosenhaus sports and bye bye goes his future earnings potential with Crabtree or anyone in college right now that is watching this go on and contemplating an agent when they go pro. For Maybin and his agents, it behooves them to wait, because they may a) get out of a 6 year deal and b) get more money than the 11 slot should.

Finally, for us, as bad as the practice reps missed are for Aaron, his absence is giving the coaches a look at a bubble player who would have been cut by now - and maybe that guy is getting reps that bump another guy and ultimately make the team overall better.

Just my opinion.

I agree with everything you said...but I don't think the Bills are trying to offer a 6-year deal. I could be wrong, but I think Lynch and McKelvin are on 5-year deals. I guarantee it's the amount of guaranteed money that is the problem.

RamblingMisnomer
08-06-2009, 10:43 AM
Part of the issue is that every agent and rookie knows that with the new CBA a rookie cap is going to be in place so rookies want maximum dollars now and taking the most advantage they can of not having a rookie cap.

Goobylal
08-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Actually blame the idiot Jets for overpaying Sanchez, which caused the Raiders to overpay DHB. Then thank Eugene Parker for demanding top-3 money.

THATHURMANATOR
08-06-2009, 12:49 PM

This works for me.

jamze132
08-06-2009, 01:39 PM
I think the NFL is heading towards a lockout...again.

Captain Obvious
08-07-2009, 10:12 AM
:please:

You were desperately and heavily counting on Maybin to be one of the keys in fufilling your 10 win prediction and that dream is going up in smoke the longer he holds out

DraftBoy
08-07-2009, 10:58 AM
I think the NFL is heading towards a lockout...again.

I sincerely hope not, I think the rookie cap thing won't be a big issue as the vets and owners both want it. Hopefully they can get everything done in a timely fashion.

Though this just goes to show as much as college sports may be dirty in the recruiting department, they never will have to cancel a season due to a strike or hold out.

jamze132
08-07-2009, 12:11 PM
I sincerely hope not, I think the rookie cap thing won't be a big issue as the vets and owners both want it. Hopefully they can get everything done in a timely fashion.

Though this just goes to show as much as college sports may be dirty in the recruiting department, they never will have to cancel a season due to a strike or hold out.
Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder will never vote for any new CBA that net's them less money than they are making now. And there are about 20 other team owners that are like sheep and will follow those two buffoon's over a cliff.

THATHURMANATOR
08-07-2009, 05:32 PM
You were desperately and heavily counting on Maybin to be one of the keys in fufilling your 10 win prediction and that dream is going up in smoke the longer he holds out
I KNOW :ill:

Night Train
08-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Thank Crabtree's agent for ****** this for everyone. Actually, Heyward-Bay got waaaaaaaaay too much from the Raiders at #7, screwing the next several teams that selected after Oakland.

Thank the senile a$$hat, Al Davis.