X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • M
    • Aug 2006

Michael Crabtree / Mabin Related

Saw this over on BBMB ... is PFT reliable? Maybe this will get the ball rolling for Maybin?

The situation in San Francisco between the 49ers and receiver Michael Crabtree is quickly going from bad to worse.

Per a league source, agent Eugene Parker is telling the 49ers that Crabtree will sit out the season re-enter the draft in 2010, unless the team gives Crabtree what he wants.

Of course, what Crabtree specifically wants isn't known, since Parker (as multiple sources tell us) still hasn't made a proposal....
    Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: Michael Crabtree / Mabin Related

PFT can be reliable, but they often pass along any and all rumors. I usually put more weight into rotoworld.com's opinions of the reports more than the reports themselves.

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

Right now they aren't saying anything besides what the report states, however. We'll just have to see.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• yordad
      • Dec 2007

Does he really think his client will get top 3 money next year? Pff, I hate that agent. Teams should blacklist him. I swear, he just likes his name in the newspaper.
      Last edited by yordad; 08-06-2009, 11:41 AM.
      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• madness
        • Apr 2003

Last I heard, they were 8-10 million apart so it could be possible.

Of course, what Crabtree specifically wants isn't known, since Parker (as multiple sources tell us) still hasn't made a proposal....
        Well that certainly sounds ****ing familiar.

Eugene Parker

I hope SF doesn't cave in. Parker really needs to be put in his place.

Comment

• cocamide
          • Oct 2006

The Raiders don't look smart for taking Heyward-Bey in the first round, but they do look smart for passing on Crabtree. I hope his career is short.

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Crabtree is totally and completely in the wrong...

But if you think hes just going to not care and take less, you are nuts.

How many of you haggle for hours, days, maybe weeks over a few thousand dollars or even a few hundred when buying a car, boat, even house?

All of us do.

This guy is potentially haggling over millions. You think hes going to give up anytime soon when he clealy cares only about the money? Hell no.

Comment

• psubills62
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by EdwardsEra

How many of you haggle for hours, days, maybe weeks over a few thousand dollars or even a few hundred when buying a car, boat, even house?

All of us do.

This guy is potentially haggling over millions. You think hes going to give up anytime soon when he clealy cares only about the money? Hell no.
              Maybe so, but both Crabtree and Parker are using a ridiculous negotiating technique in the meantime. Re-entering the 2010 draft would be a disaster. There's no way Crabtree would get as much money next year as he would this year as the 10th pick.
              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Now I see why Eric Mangini and Browns brass was completely unimpressed with the guy from his visit and called him a primadona.

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by EdwardsEra

All of us do.

Your right, he should just risk millions for a few extra thousand when he is utterly wrong.

Maybe he slipped because of who is agent is.

Plan and simple, you are worth what one is willing to pay. No one was willing to use the 9th overall pick, therefor he wasn't worth it.
                  Last edited by yordad; 08-06-2009, 11:58 AM.
                  "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

Parker's just killing himself. If you're not interested in playing, he's the agent for you!
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by CTBills97
                      Per a league source, agent Eugene Parker is telling the 49ers that Crabtree will sit out the season re-enter the draft in 2010, unless the team gives Crabtree what he wants.
                      Honestly how often has this happened and who has pulled it off with sucess?

One would think doing that would make him less appealing 2010 to a team willing to grab him. These kids do some of the dumbest ****.. They need to listen to the same heart that got them to sign up for pop warrner, high school football programs not the Heart of a greedy ignorant agent. I hope the 49ers let his ass go and reenter the draft.. he dont deserve to play at this level. I understand making a living... but come on...
                      @Hemlepp53

Comment

• mayotm
                        • Jul 2003

I really hope the current system of signing draft picks gets addressed with the next CBA. The NFL should adopt something similar to the NBA's system. The NBA doesn't have rookies holding out. This crap with the draft picks is so friggin' annoying.

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

And to think, he almost fell to us
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

It's sounds like agent Eugene Parker is the new ******* of the league. He's starting this **** and he was solely responsible for the Jason Peters bull**** last year! What a ****ing piece of ****!

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Feb 2009

So how come with Crabtree it's his fault but with Maybin it's his agent's fault???

Comment

Working...
                              X