• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

HoF game

With Butler probably going to be sidelined for the game on Sunday I'm interested to see the development of Demetrius Bell in a game situation.

He will be getting a lot of reps and we should be able to get a look to see if he can vie for a starting position on this years line.

Thoughts on Bell? Who will you be keeping a close eye on during Sunday's game?
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: HoF game

I hope Bell can play a lot of that game as I am very interested in seeing him. I also would like our starters to play more than one or two series. I would love to give them the 1st qtr but I know that ain't happening.
    Last edited by jamze132; 08-07-2009, 06:46 AM.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by jamze132
      I also would like our starters to play more than one or two series. I would love to give them the 1st qtr but I know that ain't happening.
      I agree 100%. Do you think the starting OLine will get most of the playing time this weekend? I think they need the time together even if by second qtr they are playing the Titan's bench. They need time to Gel and get an understanding of eachothers strenghts and weakness on the field.
      @Hemlepp53

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

I like Butler, but if Bell develops into a top-shelf NFL tackle, it makes us that much better. Butler either battles with our 2 good rookies for a starting guard position, or at worst, becomes a versatile guard/tackle backup. Along with Chambers and McKinney, that would give us quality veteran depth.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

I think Bell, Wood, Hangartner, and Levitre may play the entire 1st half to be honest.

Ill be watching the OL, along with players like Chris Ellis, Ellis Lankster, Shawn Nelson, and hopefully some Matt Baker.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

i'll be watching for the talent in the stands.
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
              i'll be watching for the talent in the stands.
              Classy!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by jamze132
                I hope Bell can play a lot of that game as I am very interested in seeing him. I also would like our starters to play more than one or two series. I would love to give them the 1st qtr but I know that ain't happening.
                I think with the exception of Langston Walker and possibly Hangartner, our starting OL will play significantly more than a starting unit usually does in the 1st preseason game.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Jaybird
                  • Dec 2005

Didn't DJ say something about the two rookie lineman playing more then the regular starters?!?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jaybird
                    Didn't DJ say something about the two rookie lineman playing more then the regular starters?!?

Yes he did;

Jauron offered some brief thoughts on the amount of playing time the starters are expected to receive in the preseason opener Sunday night in Canton.

“We think they’ll play pretty much like they would a regular first preseason game,” he said. “A couple of series. They’ll be out there though. They’ll get some action all of them.”

The Bills head coach did say that Andy Levitre and Eric Wood are likely to play a bit longer than the rest of the starters.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Well if they are going to be starting in the NFL from day 1, they need to play more than any other player on the roster during pre-season.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                        • Feb 2006

over/under 1 long pass bomb that goes for a td?

Comment

Working...
                        X