• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Belichick at it again...

He's already scoping out our next head coach after Dick gets fired in a couple of months...

New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick on having Mike Shanahan observe practice:

"It was good to be able to talk to Mike in a non-competitive situation, where we're trying to beat each other's brains out, but talk football and talk about some team situations. I think Mike's a tremendous coach. He's a great football mind. He's a good motivator. He's run an excellent organization from top to bottom: coaching, scouting, player acquisition, all that stuff.

"He's one of the top coaches in this league, even though he's not in it currently. I would still consider him one of the top NFL coaches -- certainly over my career -- that I've competed with."

Last edited by jamze132; 08-07-2009, 05:55 AM.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Belichick at it again...

Originally posted by jamze132
    He's already scoping out our next head coach after Dick gets fired in a couple of months...
    So he's watching Booby April closely ?
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Night Train
      So he's watching Booby April closely ?
      April will probably fill in for the remainder of the season but that's about it.

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick on having Mike Shanahan observe practice:

"It was good to be able to talk to Mike in a non-competitive situation, where we're trying to beat each other's brains out, but talk football and talk about some team situations. I think Mike's a tremendous coach. He's a great football mind. He's a good motivator. He's run an excellent organization from top to bottom: coaching, scouting, player acquisition, all that stuff.

"He's one of the top coaches in this league, even though he's not in it currently. I would still consider him one of the top NFL coaches -- certainly over my career -- that I've competed with."

I seriously think there is ZERO chance Jauron gets canned mid season.

If we went win-less over the first 10 games, maybe.

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
          I seriously think there is ZERO chance Jauron gets canned mid season.

If we went win-less over the first 10 games, maybe.
          If we are out of it by week 10, he's canned.

Comment

• Luisito23
            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
            • Apr 2003

I highly doubt it...Buffalo is not the type of organization that gets rid of their coaches in the middle of a season.
            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

I really dont see it.

I wouldn't mind it. Why get stuck competing for the top coaches when you could get a jump on things? But, then maybe we wouldn't want a re-tread anyways.

Comment

• jamze132
                Don’t hate…
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Luisito23
                I highly doubt it...Buffalo is not the type of organization that gets rid of their coaches in the middle of a season.
                We aren't the type of organization to sign a player like T.O. either. I think OBD is getting restless and are finally wising up. If the Bills are sucking, it is absolutely the right thing for the Buffalo Bills to do.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

We aren't the type of organization to sign a player like T.O. either. I think OBD is getting restless and are finally wising up. If the Bills are sucking, it is absolutely the right thing for the Buffalo Bills to do.
                  Then they should have canned Jauron this past January...because he's already proved he ucks on Sunday and costs us 3-4 wins a year with poor gamemanagemnt.

The Bills unfortunately will spend the $$ for talent but shop for their coaches at the Dollar Store.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

Then they should have canned Jauron this past January...because he's already proved he ucks on Sunday and costs us 3-4 wins a year with poor gamemanagemnt.

The Bills unfortunately will spend the $$ for talent but shop for their coaches at the Dollar Store.
                    We'll see what happens...

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

Then why am I under the impression they are still significantly under the cap?
                      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

more or less, this team is Russ Brandon. He's putting a team together and jauron was levy's guy not his. i don't know any inside stuff, but typically, GM's want to make their own coaching decisions. and none of us know how that Jauron extension worked out. If it was ralph and jauron working some kind of deal. anyways, i think if brandon is getting more power within the organization, he'll probably be the guy who can step up and say, "i want jauron out, and i want so and so in."

So this all leads me to believe that brandon would be more than likely to fire jauron by week 5 if we don't have more than 2 wins. plus the bills have the bye right in week 9. if we don't have a good string put together, they could bring in a guy, give him two weeks to change the team and see how they do on the back 8.

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

Russ Brandon running a football team. Scary.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                            • Mar 2005

It's not like he's the only one who does this

Comment

• Mudflap1
                              Next Question!
                              • Nov 2004

Russ Brandon running a football team. Scary.
                              The only good news here is that Brandon is a marketing guy. Therefore, with the next coach, he would know the benefit of having a "name coach" that will sell tickets, increase fan enthusiasm, etc. Problem is, it comes down to shelling out some dollars.

Comment

Working...
                              X