PDA

View Full Version : Tebow a Bill?

Hemlepp53
08-07-2009, 07:30 PM
If TIm Tebow (UF QB) feel to us in next years draft in the 1st round would you want him to be drafted to the Bills as a first rounder? Explain breifly please... Regardless of Trent's preformance in 2009.

cocamide
08-07-2009, 07:35 PM
No, even if Trent is absolutely horrible.

Jaybird
08-07-2009, 07:51 PM
Tebow will not be a Qb in the nfl.... and his running style will get him killed! i say he plays TE or FB

Mr. Miyagi
08-07-2009, 07:54 PM
Hell no.

LtFinFan66
08-07-2009, 08:00 PM
yes

YardRat
08-07-2009, 08:04 PM
yes

You would be giddy if Buffalo picked up Tebow, wouldn't you?

Mr. Miyagi
08-07-2009, 08:07 PM
You would be giddy if Buffalo picked up Tebow, wouldn't you?
Almost as giddy as when the Fins drafted Ted Ginn.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RaYgGSHJ5hM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RaYgGSHJ5hM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mayotm
08-07-2009, 08:30 PM
No offense, but what a stupid thread. How about we get through this season before worrying about who we may or may not draft next year?

Novacane
08-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Absolutely not but there's not need to insult someone by calling it a stupid thread.

LtFinFan66
08-07-2009, 08:53 PM
You would be giddy if Buffalo picked up Tebow, wouldn't you?damn straight

LtFinFan66
08-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Almost as giddy as when the Fins drafted Ted Ginn.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RaYgGSHJ5hM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>Those people are idiots. I loved the pick

mayotm
08-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Absolutely not but there's not need to insult someone by calling it a stupid thread.True. My apologies. Been a long day.

dmosher12
08-07-2009, 09:02 PM
surprised at the amount of no's. I think this is a definite yes

kid mickey
08-07-2009, 09:24 PM
No way, he's not the quarterback I would want. I'd go with Snead or Bradford before Tebow.

BillsWin
08-07-2009, 09:27 PM
No, not with McCoy, Bradford and Snead all there in the first round. If we are going QB, I would want the best. Not a player that is athletic, but will amount to nothing in the position of QB in the NFL.

Id rather take Zac Robinson, the QB from Oklahoma State in the fourth round. I think he'd amount to more than Tebow as an NFL QB. He completes 65% of his passes.
Robinson: 2 years, 6,233 yards and 51 touchdowns. He is only getting better.

Not to mention all the other good prospects that can be had,

Max Hall, a Tim Hiller is a good prospect, Jimmy Clausen is not my favorite pick, but he may do well.

I dont like Pat Devlin, though many do.

This is all speculation that Edwards will suck. I think Edwards is our man and he will blossom this season with the weapons and no-huddle.

tampabay25690
08-07-2009, 09:36 PM
I would probably have the 1st TEBOW jersey.....

1st of all he won't be there for the bills when we pick in the 30's....
YES Tebow will be a QB in the NFL, he is to good as a leader for him not to. Any team would be lucky to have a player with his talent, leadership, and a solid off the field guy.......

I agree stupid thread though.......

tampabay25690
08-07-2009, 09:38 PM
No, not with McCoy, Bradford and Snead all there in the first round. If we are going QB, I would want the best. Not a player that is athletic, but will amount to nothing in the position of QB in the NFL.

Id rather take Zac Robinson, the QB from Oklahoma State in the fourth round. I think he'd amount to more than Tebow as an NFL QB. He completes 65% of his passes.

Max Hall, a Tim Hiller is a good prospect, Jimmy Clausen is not my favorite pick, but he may do well.

This is all speculation that Edwards will suck. I think Edwards is our man and he will blossom this season with the weapons and no-huddle.

Never put Zac Robinson in the same breath as Tim Tebow.
Look at the conference I would throw 65% in the BIG 12

DraftBoy
08-07-2009, 09:45 PM

McCoy and Tebow aren't 1st Round caliber QB's but I have Tebow rated ahead of McCoy. Snead is by far this classes top QB prospect. Other guys to look at if we are talking QB's;

Seniors-
Dan LeFevour
Thaddeus Lewis
Juice Williams
Tyler Sheehan
Ryan Perriloux

Juniors-
Adam Weber
Jake Locker
Case Keenum
Tyrod Taylor
TJ Yates

Personally I like Weber the best out of all the QB's mentioned aside from Snead.

DraftBoy
08-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Never put Zac Robinson in the same breath as Tim Tebow.
Look at the conference I would throw 65% in the BIG 12

Cut the SEC-Big 12 crap. You wouldnt throw 65%, they play in the same damn offensive scheme. Tebow is bigger, more athletic, and has a better arm than Robinson. Who has better accuracy, and vision than Tebow.

tampabay25690
08-07-2009, 09:56 PM
McCoy and Tebow aren't 1st Round caliber QB's but I have Tebow rated ahead of McCoy. Snead is by far this classes top QB prospect. Other guys to look at if we are talking QB's;

Seniors-
Dan LeFevour
Thaddeus Lewis
Juice Williams
Tyler Sheehan
Ryan Perriloux

Juniors-
Adam Weber
Jake Locker
Case Keenum
Tyrod Taylor
TJ Yates

Personally I like Weber the best out of all the QB's mentioned aside from Snead.

Come on Im not talking offensive schemes at all.......Does the Big 12 even play defense???

DraftBoy
08-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Come on Im not talking offensive schemes at all.......Does the Big 12 even play defense???

I love this game...

Whose better in your opinion ACC or Big 12??

Hemlepp53
08-07-2009, 10:03 PM
No offense, but what a stupid thread. How about we get through this season before worrying about who we may or may not draft next year?

I am not assuming that we will have a lossing season. I for one and if you have read any of my past posting you will see where i am one of the few with the thoughts that we should end up in the playoffs this season. I think we have a strong team on the field 2009. I was simply asking if he was availible would you take him or not. I did not specify at the QB position just first round.

I beleive Trent is our guy and will continue to grow and mature as our future QB.

Anyhow... calling it a stupid thread was stupid. I have seen far worse threads. Plus this one got one hell of a response for a stupid thread in such a short time...

tampabay25690
08-07-2009, 10:05 PM
I love this game...

Whose better in your opinion ACC or Big 12??

Tough question.....Big 12 has 2 good teams then the rest is well....
ACC...V Tech, FSU (overrated) North Carolina the sleeper......

tampabay25690
08-07-2009, 10:08 PM
I see about 5 Qb's going in the 1st round.

Bradford
SNEED
McCOY
TEBOW
Hiller from Western Michigan Great NFL size 6"5 228 and a cannon of a arm

But you know how that goes things will change

DraftBoy
08-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Tough question.....Big 12 has 2 good teams then the rest is well....
ACC...V Tech, FSU (overrated) North Carolina the sleeper......

2 teams?? There are three in the south alone, let alone Kansas in the North with Reesing, Sharp, Briscoe, and Meier. Not to mention Joe Mortensen at LB, and Darrel Stuckey at S.

The ACC legitimately has 8 teams not 3 who could win it. Miami, FSU, VT, Wake Forest, Clemson, North Carolina, Georgia Tech. And the sleeper team is Maryland not UNC, not after last season.

tampabay25690
08-07-2009, 10:33 PM
2 teams?? There are three in the south alone, let alone Kansas in the North with Reesing, Sharp, Briscoe, and Meier. Not to mention Joe Mortensen at LB, and Darrel Stuckey at S.

The ACC legitimately has 8 teams not 3 who could win it. Miami, FSU, VT, Wake Forest, Clemson, North Carolina, Georgia Tech. And the sleeper team is Maryland not UNC, not after last season.

Hey I just threw a few teams out there......Sorry.........
You are throwing names from the Big 12 for what reason anyway?

tampabay25690
08-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Who you like in the big East this year anyway?
Rank them for me.

Mr. Miyagi
08-08-2009, 04:02 AM
Those people are idiots. I loved the pick
You know what they say.

If one car is coming at you, it might be a fluke.

If ten cars are coming at you, YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE.

X-Era
08-08-2009, 08:35 AM
If TIm Tebow (UF QB) feel to us in next years draft in the 1st round would you want him to be drafted to the Bills as a first rounder? Explain breifly please... Regardless of Trent's preformance in 2009.

Hell no... not based on his 08 season mechanics.

Rumor is he is working hard on his throwing mechanics and if thats true, and he shows a more honed arm this year, then yes he becomes a viable NFL option.

That said, he wouldn't be the first player with bad nechanics, Vince Young and especially Philip Rivers come to mind.

This debate will rage on this year... wait and see.

X-Era
08-08-2009, 08:40 AM
At this point, I would say its McCoy and Bradford in the top 5. It could flip-flop as to who goes #1. Tebow, with another strong showing can creep into the top 5, but his mechanics will have teams wondering if he should go that high.

Then your looking at Snead, maybe Hiller, possibly Juice Williams to have a shot at round 1.

DraftBoy
08-08-2009, 08:54 AM
Who you like in the big East this year anyway?
Rank them for me.

I think you're going to see the Big East be very similar to how last season was, I think they only have two legit teams in Cincy and Pitt. West Virginia will have a down year imo, and Syracuse is a team to watch if Mike Williams can return to form and if Greg Paulus can be a real QB.

Perdiction;
1. Cincy
2. Pitt
3. UConn
4. USF
5. WVU
6. Syracuse
7. Rutgers
8. Louisville

tampabay25690
08-08-2009, 09:28 AM
I think you're going to see the Big East be very similar to how last season was, I think they only have two legit teams in Cincy and Pitt. West Virginia will have a down year imo, and Syracuse is a team to watch if Mike Williams can return to form and if Greg Paulus can be a real QB.

Perdiction;
1. Cincy
2. Pitt
3. UConn
4. USF
5. WVU
6. Syracuse
7. Rutgers
8. Louisville

I think USF will make a big splash this year again....
I guess we will see.

X-Era
08-08-2009, 09:34 AM
I guess we will see.

Well they return Grothe and Selvie, but Grothe has been far from a great QB at times.

DraftBoy
08-08-2009, 09:41 AM
I guess we will see.

Grothe is undersized and inaccurate at times, and Ford was very unimpressive last season. However if if Carlton Mitchell can build off a solid freshman year then the offense may have a little more flow but Im concerned about depth at every position on their O, they are young though at the skill positions and they could surprise.

Defensively they really need George Selvie to re-assert himself this season after a slightly disappointing junior year. And Nate Allen has to take command of the defensive backfield this point.

THATHURMANATOR
08-08-2009, 12:54 PM
The dumber part of the thread is talking about "IF" he fell to us in the first. Last time I checked the talk was he wouldn't be drafted until later rounds and would have a hard time playing QB in the NFL.

Mr. Pink
08-08-2009, 02:23 PM
He's an even worse QB than Michael Vick was at that stage of their careers.

He'll be lucky to go in round 3.

christhebillsfan783
08-08-2009, 02:55 PM
GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!!! I think i might give up football if the bills got Teblow. I'm having a hard enough time dealing with T.O on the team. But if Teblow was on the Bills I would puke.

Devin
08-08-2009, 03:08 PM
I see Tebow as a FB, cooley type te, maybe even a S. Im not saying he wouldnt play QB, I just have a hard time seeing his skill set and style of play transfer to that position in the NFL.

Tebow kind of reminds me of John Lynch, who if im not mistaken actually started his college career at QB.

He is without question a hard-nosed football player, and has a great mind for the game. I could see him going 2nd-3rd round but not as a starting calibur QB.

Bradford imo will be this years top QB.

tampabay25690
08-08-2009, 03:41 PM

ha ha ha

THATHURMANATOR
08-08-2009, 09:43 PM
ha ha ha
What YaY said was fact. What is so funny?

DraftBoy
08-09-2009, 09:02 AM
I see Tebow as a FB, cooley type te, maybe even a S. Im not saying he wouldnt play QB, I just have a hard time seeing his skill set and style of play transfer to that position in the NFL.

Tebow kind of reminds me of John Lynch, who if im not mistaken actually started his college career at QB.

He is without question a hard-nosed football player, and has a great mind for the game. I could see him going 2nd-3rd round but not as a starting calibur QB.

Bradford imo will be this years top QB.

Tim Tebow got into an arugment with Mel Kiper Jr last year on the radio about this very same point. Many see Tebow as the ideal H-Back, great size, speed combo. However Tebow has a great arm, and can zip the ball around. My main concern with Tebow though is his defensive reading ability. With Florida his main read is of the LB's, not the DB's. He also is blessed with such gifted athletes that many times all he has to do is throw the ball up and his WR's will run past everyone and go get it.

Tebow refuses to think he will play any position but QB in the NFL. Only time will tell...

DraftBoy
08-09-2009, 09:03 AM

He'll go before Round 3, honestly I like him more as a QB than Colt McCoy in the NFL.

Hemlepp53
08-09-2009, 02:48 PM
He'll go before Round 3, honestly I like him more as a QB than Colt McCoy in the NFL.

Can't wait to see how he progresses this year. I honestly think he will be a starter in the NFL by year two depending where he goes and what they are running. I do not see him running all over the D like he does at the NCAA level, but think he has the arm and intelligence to grow and mature into a solid QB.