PDA

View Full Version : Bills Backer bars

McBFLO
08-08-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm moving from Buffalo to St. Petersburg FL within the next month or 2, and giving up my season tix for the winter sun, and would really like to know of any good sports bars or, preferably, Bills backer bars in that area. Anyone know of any?

BAM
08-08-2009, 01:15 PM
A friend of mine just moved back from St. Petersburg a little while back and he mentioned some place named Buffalo Chips. I don't know personally but he said it was pretty cool.

schubbard
08-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Everybody in St. Pete is from western NY anyway - shouldn't be hard to find Bills fans. We received special seats at a restaurant called Crabby Bills when we went several years ago because someone in the group was wearing a Bills shirt. Crabby Bills was somewhere in the Treasure Island / Clearwater / St. Pete area, I've forgotten exactly where. Back then, it was a good, cheap seafood place.

McBFLO
08-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Cool. Thanks for the help. Yeah, when I move down there, finding a good place to watch the Bills game with some fellow Bills fans is priority #1!

Jan Reimers
08-09-2009, 10:39 AM
I went to the Nickel City Bar in the Tampa/St. Pete area back in the early '90s. It was a great Buffalo Bar. Don't know if it's there anymore, though.

BSU Drew
08-09-2009, 11:57 AM
I know its a little ways away but Honey's in Tampa is a huge Bills bar! and St Pete?? Be careful where you go.. its out of control down there!!!

Hemlepp53
08-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Anyone know of anywhere in Palm Beach County. Living in Boca Raton and need to be able to watch the games. With the economy the way it is i cant see myself paying 300+ dollars for the cable package like i usually do.

Does South Florida Bills Backers Bars deserve its own thread? I have seem some fans on here from South Florida so i figured i would ask.

tampabay25690
08-09-2009, 03:35 PM
There is a huge Bills bar in Brandon called O Briens 100's of Bills fans on Football sundays.

Nickel City is big in ST Pete but i don't know if it's called that anymore...
There is a ton of BILLS people down here, I actually go to a Beef O Brady's in Wesley Chapel because I get Vip treatment there I get my own 42 inch LCD at the Bar for my wife and myself and a few other Bills people.....

Honeys is a huge Bills bar right on Dale Mabry and they have all the BUFFAlO food as well as PIZZA they actually get the real cut pepperoni.....

Hope this helps if you need any other questions answered about the area feel free to email me anytime......dtrautman1@tampabay.rr.com

Mudflap1
08-09-2009, 08:50 PM
When I was in St. Pete for the Super Bowl, we went to a place called "Foxy's" in Treasure Island a couple of times. Buffalo owners and Bills fans. Nice sports bar/bar food place.

Jon

SeatownBillsFan21
08-10-2009, 12:04 AM
The Quarterback in Bellingham Washington!!!

Billz_fan
08-10-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm moving from Buffalo to St. Petersburg FL within the next month or 2, and giving up my season tix for the winter sun, and would really like to know of any good sports bars or, preferably, Bills backer bars in that area. Anyone know of any?

Don't do it !!!! I wish I could go back 10 years and reverse being here. Don't get me wrong it's nice and all here but...........nothing has ever made up for leaving the Bills and the stadium behind. NOTHING !! I am miserable every football season, going to Bills Bars didn't help, got Direct TV Sunday ticket. Still doesn't replace being home, local news, close to players, newspapers and a community that supports the Bills as much as you/I do. I see home games and all I think about is tail gatin and all the places to eat around the stadium and where I used to sit etc, etc,

Good Luck :D

Billz_fan
08-10-2009, 12:18 AM
Oh yeah, stray outta South St. Pete. Pure hood brotha. Not a good place without weapons in tow.

Billz_fan
08-10-2009, 12:23 AM
Everybody in St. Pete is from western NY anyway - shouldn't be hard to find Bills fans. We received special seats at a restaurant called Crabby Bills when we went several years ago because someone in the group was wearing a Bills shirt. Crabby Bills was somewhere in the Treasure Island / Clearwater / St. Pete area, I've forgotten exactly where. Back then, it was a good, cheap seafood place.

There's alot of Crabby Bills locations in Tampa Bay area, At Least 7-10 of them. Local chain.

dpendy07
08-10-2009, 09:58 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/fans/backers/backer-locator-map.html

This should help.

Hemlepp53
08-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Anyone know of anywhere in Palm Beach County.

http://www.buffalobills.com/fans/backers/backer-locator-map.html

This should help.

Wow... Nothing in my local area at all. That is insane with all the NYers moving down here once they retire. Guess i am forced to spend the cash on the package.

THATHURMANATOR
08-10-2009, 10:14 AM
Wow... Nothing in my local area at all. That is insane with all the NYers moving down here once they retire. Guess i am forced to spend the cash on the package.
Well many sports bars have the NFL package.

Hemlepp53
08-10-2009, 10:50 AM
Well many sports bars have the NFL package.

Tons of sports bars. The problem when ever i go to them for a game i am the only Bills Fan. I sit amoung Fin Fans and Jet Fans... Sometimes it isnt worth going. Alcohol and Ignorance is usually what happens by the end of the 1st qtr. It usually ends up with me in the parking lot about to throw down because some ***hole gets stupid and insults the wife. Not worth it.. but would be willing to hit a Bills Bar if we had one local.

Yes some of the ignorance is on my end as well... but who likes to be disrespected...

mayotm
08-10-2009, 01:33 PM
I know its a little ways away but Honey's in Tampa is a huge Bills bar! and St Pete?? Be careful where you go.. its out of control down there!!!Unfortunately, Honey's went out of business. I'm looking for a new place in Tampa if anybody has any suggestions.

tampabay25690
08-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Unfortunately, Honey's went out of business. I'm looking for a new place in Tampa if anybody has any suggestions.

Honey's did not go out of business, they moved to the old ALESSi in Carrolwood and have a full BAR now...

mayotm
08-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Honey's did not go out of business, they moved to the old ALESSi in Carrolwood and have a full BAR now...Excellent news. Thanks.

BSU Drew
08-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Honey's did not go out of business, they moved to the old ALESSi in Carrolwood and have a full BAR now...
Beat me to the punch... I moved back to Idaho before they opened the new one unfortunately!! My brother and I went to go there (the old Honey's) for dinner one night and saw that it was empty... My brother was on the verge of tears.. no joke hahaha funny stuff.. but i heard the new place is amazing.. almost too big :)

ps.. i thought they just moved down the street on the other side of Dale Mabry.... ( i dont know the tampa area that well so if im wrong forgive me )

mayotm
08-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Beat me to the punch... I moved back to Idaho before they opened the new one unfortunately!! My brother and I went to go there (the old Honey's) for dinner one night and saw that it was empty... My brother was on the verge of tears.. no joke hahaha funny stuff.. but i heard the new place is amazing.. almost too big :)I can understand how your brother felt. I was pretty bummed out when I thought it was closed. Glad to hear they just moved. Great place to watch the Bills.

tampabay25690
08-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Food is good but sometimes service is very questionable......
yea they seem to be doing pretty good now...
I actually like the 1st spot better more booths...
New place is to open...

bdub21
08-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Buffalo City is where I go every Sunday. Place usually gets pretty crowded with Bills fans and they play the shout song everytime we score. Wings are pretty good also. Only down fall for me is its a smoking place and I don't smoke other than that the place is great to watch Bills games

http://www.buffalocitybar.com/

I'll be out there on Sat to watch the Bills/Bears game if anyone wants to meet up.

Hope this helps.

tampabay25690
08-10-2009, 02:33 PM
maybe the few of us that are on here will meet up some nite in Tampa..

mayotm
08-10-2009, 02:42 PM
BSU Drew, is your brother a Tampa police officer? I sat next to a dude (I can't remember his name, I'm terrible about that) at Honey's all last season from Idaho. Can't be that many people from Idaho hanging at Honey's.