X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • McBFLO
    • Mar 2003

Bills Backer bars

I'm moving from Buffalo to St. Petersburg FL within the next month or 2, and giving up my season tix for the winter sun, and would really like to know of any good sports bars or, preferably, Bills backer bars in that area. Anyone know of any?
    Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

• BAM
    • Sep 2003

Re: Bills Backer bars

A friend of mine just moved back from St. Petersburg a little while back and he mentioned some place named Buffalo Chips. I don't know personally but he said it was pretty cool.

Comment

• schubbard
      • Jan 2006

Everybody in St. Pete is from western NY anyway - shouldn't be hard to find Bills fans. We received special seats at a restaurant called Crabby Bills when we went several years ago because someone in the group was wearing a Bills shirt. Crabby Bills was somewhere in the Treasure Island / Clearwater / St. Pete area, I've forgotten exactly where. Back then, it was a good, cheap seafood place.

Comment

• McBFLO
        • Mar 2003

Cool. Thanks for the help. Yeah, when I move down there, finding a good place to watch the Bills game with some fellow Bills fans is priority #1!
        Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I went to the Nickel City Bar in the Tampa/St. Pete area back in the early '90s. It was a great Buffalo Bar. Don't know if it's there anymore, though.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• BSU Drew
            • Feb 2007

I know its a little ways away but Honey's in Tampa is a huge Bills bar! and St Pete?? Be careful where you go.. its out of control down there!!!
            Last edited by BSU Drew; 08-09-2009, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
              • Jul 2004

Anyone know of anywhere in Palm Beach County. Living in Boca Raton and need to be able to watch the games. With the economy the way it is i cant see myself paying 300+ dollars for the cable package like i usually do.

Does South Florida Bills Backers Bars deserve its own thread? I have seem some fans on here from South Florida so i figured i would ask.
              @Hemlepp53

Comment

• tampabay25690
                • Feb 2004

There is a huge Bills bar in Brandon called O Briens 100's of Bills fans on Football sundays.

Nickel City is big in ST Pete but i don't know if it's called that anymore...
                There is a ton of BILLS people down here, I actually go to a Beef O Brady's in Wesley Chapel because I get Vip treatment there I get my own 42 inch LCD at the Bar for my wife and myself and a few other Bills people.....

Honeys is a huge Bills bar right on Dale Mabry and they have all the BUFFAlO food as well as PIZZA they actually get the real cut pepperoni.....

Hope this helps if you need any other questions answered about the area feel free to email me anytime......dtrautman1@tampabay.rr.com
                GO Gators!!!!!!
                GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Mudflap1
                  Next Question!
                  • Nov 2004

When I was in St. Pete for the Super Bowl, we went to a place called "Foxy's" in Treasure Island a couple of times. Buffalo owners and Bills fans. Nice sports bar/bar food place.

Jon

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
                    • Mar 2004

The Quarterback in Bellingham Washington!!!

Comment

• Billz_fan
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by pepperkorn
                      I'm moving from Buffalo to St. Petersburg FL within the next month or 2, and giving up my season tix for the winter sun, and would really like to know of any good sports bars or, preferably, Bills backer bars in that area. Anyone know of any?
                      Don't do it !!!! I wish I could go back 10 years and reverse being here. Don't get me wrong it's nice and all here but...........nothing has ever made up for leaving the Bills and the stadium behind. NOTHING !! I am miserable every football season, going to Bills Bars didn't help, got Direct TV Sunday ticket. Still doesn't replace being home, local news, close to players, newspapers and a community that supports the Bills as much as you/I do. I see home games and all I think about is tail gatin and all the places to eat around the stadium and where I used to sit etc, etc,

Good Luck
                      The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                        • Jan 2003

Oh yeah, stray outta South St. Pete. Pure hood brotha. Not a good place without weapons in tow.
                        The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by schubbard
                          Everybody in St. Pete is from western NY anyway - shouldn't be hard to find Bills fans. We received special seats at a restaurant called Crabby Bills when we went several years ago because someone in the group was wearing a Bills shirt. Crabby Bills was somewhere in the Treasure Island / Clearwater / St. Pete area, I've forgotten exactly where. Back then, it was a good, cheap seafood place.
                          There's alot of Crabby Bills locations in Tampa Bay area, At Least 7-10 of them. Local chain.
                          The Polian Curse

Comment

• dpendy07
                            • Jun 2007

This should help.
                            Last edited by dpendy07; 08-10-2009, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Hemlepp53
                              Anyone know of anywhere in Palm Beach County.
                              Originally posted by dpendy07

Wow... Nothing in my local area at all. That is insane with all the NYers moving down here once they retire. Guess i am forced to spend the cash on the package.
                              @Hemlepp53

Comment

Working...
                              X