• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jaydog57
    Pretty cool for a Fin Fan.
    • Oct 2002

Nobody Circles the Wagons like the Buffalo Bills

Just watched the Ralph Wilson Jr. inductment into the HOF. What a classy guy. I hope you guys are proud of the great owner of your team. I'm proud to say my Phins are in the same Division and Conference as the Bills. Great organization full of stand up people. I always hate to lose to division rivals, but if I have to, I'd be sleeping better if it's to the Buffalo Bills. What a great team, and from meeting them and talking on this board, I already know about the proud, and great, fans.
    Last edited by Jaydog57; 08-08-2009, 07:17 PM.
    "There ought to be a room in every house to swear in. It's dangerous to have to repress an emotion like that." - Mark Twain
  • BAM
    • Sep 2003

Re: Nobody Circles the Wagons like the Buffalo Bills

Thanks JayDog. I thought it was a pretty good speech too. I wasn't sure if he'd ever stop though. Hahah

Comment

• Jaydog57
      • Oct 2002

Well, he's 90, he's getting every word in he can before he's gone, lol.
      "There ought to be a room in every house to swear in. It's dangerous to have to repress an emotion like that." - Mark Twain

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Some have never appreciated how much Ralph has meant to this team, this area, and the NFL.

Maybe they will, if eben just a little bit, now.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Jaydog57
          • Oct 2002

He set some major standards, and I wish other NFL owners could learn and appreciate from his example.

Comment

• baalworship
            • May 2003

Sometimes as a fan I have let my emotions run wild and have said some bad things about Ralph. But I think Ralph wants to win he is just more patient than many of us.

I am proud to be a Bills fan and today I am proud of Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Billz_fan
              • Jan 2003

God I always cry a little when one of ours gets in. Today is no different. On a side note, did you guys see when Goodell was introduced ?

It was very clear on my Tv. The chants of "Free Marshawn" form the Bills crowd on hand
              The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I Ralph

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billz_fan
                  God I always cry a little when one of ours gets in. Today is no different. On a side note, did you guys see when Goodell was introduced ?

It was very clear on my Tv. The chants of "Free Marshawn" form the Bills crowd on hand
                  I didn't hear that, but I did notice that the applause was much softer than for everyone else.

as for the "crying"..anyone who didn't shed a tear of pride or joy when Berman, Wilson, or McDaniels spoke, isn't ***** human.
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                    • May 2005

See Jay, I'll get you converted yet. You start hanging out here on Sundays with Paul and I, and you'll be a full fledged Bills fan in no time!

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                      The Voice of Reason
                      • Jul 2007

Such a class act. Shed a bit of a tear, you can tell he's had a long, long road behind him. Notice, no cards to read from, a little shaky in his old age but straight forward.
                      Last edited by ServoBillieves; 08-08-2009, 08:51 PM.
                      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Marvelous
                        • Feb 2004

Today, RIGHT NOW I'm beeeaming with pride for the years of diehard, borderline obsessed fanhood to this team & The Ralph! Haven't missed a play, let alone a game since 1988..Married on a sunday.. Hated by soooo many fam & friends for missing weddings/B-day parties/you name it.....
                        --- My motto has ALWAYS been "Winning is a perk" I'm just happy to have my beloved team..
                        Last edited by Marvelous; 08-08-2009, 09:40 PM.
                        GO BILLS!!! NE
                        Magical Trevor

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                          The Voice of Reason
                          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Marvelous
                          Today, RIGHT NOW I'm beeeaming with pride for the years of diehard, borderline obsessed fanhood to this team & The Ralph! Haven't missed a play, let alone a game since 1988..Married on a sunday.. Hated by soooo many fam & friends for missing weddings/B-day parties/you name it.....
                          --- My motto has ALWAYS been "Winning is a perk" I'm just happy to have my beloved team..
                          Shame you're not obsessed. I lost a sale today because a families kid showed up with a Bills t-shirt on. It's a sad, sad addiction in my book.
                          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

Working...
                          X