X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Wow! What An Experience!

I'm here relaxing after a long, but very enjoyable day in Canton, Ohio. First we started our day tailgating in some guy's parking lot. It was a traditional small BillsZone tailgate...Dr.Lecter, hammerbillsfan, Phil and I. We had Buffalo Chicken Strips and Italian Sausage, plus some Canadian beer. Nice time. The only sad thing was that it kept raining off and on. We then walked over to Kenny's tailgate and hung with him and a bunch of TwoBillsDrive folks for a while before we headed to the Stadium for the ceremony.

This was when it went from a nice day to a great day. First of all, we had floor seats. I highly recommend those to anyone who goes to the Inductions. We entered into the field area, right next to the stage and bumped into Langston Walker, Ryan Denney, Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick and even Lee Evans. Then we walked over to our seats and got a complimentary program. We then chose to walk around and check out the whole floor area and then started rubbing elbows with Former Bills greats...Andre Reed, Pete Metzelaars, Cornelius Bennett, Frank Reich, Kent Hull, Will Wolford, Paul McGuire, Steve Christie, Bill Polian, Russ Brandon, and Tom Modrak. We got to shake their hands and a bunch of them were even signing autographs for the fans.

Then the ceremony itself. Wow! What a speech by Chris Berman! I loved the way he talked all about the Bills history. And then Ralph had a very good speech. I thought he did a nice job...a lot of thanking people, plus he mixed in some of the normal humor that he does. I also enjoyed Rod Woodson's speech. I loved it. Then to top a great day off...BRUUUUUCE! What a introduction by Ted Cottrell! He did a nice job talking about Bruce and even talking about all the other Bills greats from the 90's. Bruce's speech was short, but very nice. I was surprised with how grateful he was and how classy he was. Great job!

What a day!

• Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Oh and to make it even better...we got a football game tomorrow that will be like a home game! Yeah Baby!!!

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Re: Wow! What An Experience!

The ceremony was awesome. I was fighting tears. Wonder what the negative nancies have to say about Ralph. I love the Buffalo Bills now as much I loved them when I first became a fan. Go Bills!

Comment

• Jaybird
        • Dec 2005

I am proud to be a Bills fan.

Comment

• Buffalogic
          Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
          • Feb 2006

Ralph did big things in his life. I'm really happy for him.

Comment

• Dujek
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Jan 2008

It looked fantastic. Glad you enjoyed it!

Comment

• SquishDaFish
              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
              • Jun 2005

Awesome bro! Sounds like a good time. GO BUFFALO!!

Comment

• billsfanone
                Majored in Home Economics
                • Sep 2008

Way to be a collective embassador for all Bills fans. They could not stop commenting on the Bills fans presence. Bruce and Ralph were clearly touched. Bruce's speech was the best by far.

Comment

• Tiburon1724
                  • Sep 2005

Buffalo definitely represented in a big way last night. Ralph did do a good job, and Bruce and Ted Cotrell's, as well as Berman of course, did great speeches. The rest of the speeches sucked though...partially because of my disinterest in the players, but they rambled and had no organization. Do your statement, your thank yous, etc.

I wanted to punch Woodson in the face. Shutup with your nonstop religious grandstanding and saying what a great Steeler you were...you were a mercenary jumping from team to team for more and more cash. You didn't give a crap about the fans.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

it was awesome yesterday. i got to talk with John Murphy, Cornelius Bennett, Tony King, Charlie King, and Paul Maguire. Willie Roaf is a big mofo too.

Charlie and Tony King are the most down to earth individuals that i ever met. they enjoyed talking football. the way they went about with the kids are something all professional athletes should watch and take notes.

oh yeah....the HOF ceremonieswere awesome too.
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

I thought I smelled something funny yesterday.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                        Oh and to make it even better...we found the local strip clubs ! Yeah Baby!!!
                        Corrected
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            I thought I smelled something funny yesterday.

swapping spit with Philster again?
                            Originally posted by yordad
                            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• feldspar
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Tiburon1724
                              I wanted to punch Woodson in the face. Shutup with your nonstop religious grandstanding
                              Yeah, his religious spewings were starting to get on my nerves a little bit, too. But what are you gonna do? I just couldn't believe how long his speech was. I was waiting him to thank that guy at McDonald's that sold him a Big Mac.

Comment

Working...
                              X