PDA

View Full Version : After Reed gets in the HOF, whos next for us?

seanbillsfan
08-09-2009, 04:12 PM
I was just thinking about this. It could be a long time before another bill gets in

Dr. Pepper
08-09-2009, 04:22 PM
T.O.

seanbillsfan
08-09-2009, 04:24 PM
yeah i guess he would count. hopefully he has a great year

scartown
08-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Tasker

seanbillsfan
08-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Tasker
i wish but i dont think its gonna hapen. maybe many years down the road

SquishDaFish
08-09-2009, 04:48 PM
I say Tasker also

MikeInRoch
08-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Bledsoe.

ServoBillieves
08-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Carwell Gardner.

Billz_fan
08-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Kent Hull

DraftBoy
08-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Hull probably, I dont think Tasker gets in ever, and I cant say I disagree with him not getting in. The selection committee has a bias against ST players, the fact that Ray Guy isn't in is a crying shame.

Billz_fan
08-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Hull probably, I dont think Tasker gets in ever, and I cant say I disagree with him not getting in. The selection committee has a bias against ST players, the fact that Ray Guy isn't in is a crying shame.

yeah, I just think Hull has a high probability rate as there are more O linemen in the Hall than anything else.

It's not gonna be easy for Reed either imo, It's tough on recievers. Bob Hayes changed the game abd just got in. Art Monk had to wait a long time to.

seanbillsfan
08-09-2009, 05:40 PM
i would love for hull to get in but has he even been considered?

Billz_fan
08-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Well it's funny, you won't see him as a finalist untill there is an off year where there is not alot of star power for considerartion. He will get there though. Im sure of it. :D

SquishDaFish
08-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Reed will be in next year

YardRat
08-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Reed will get in, but it may take awhile.

Tasker should, IMO, because he helped put special teams on the map. I agree with DB, also...the fact that Ray Guy isn't in already is a sham.

I think Hull is worthy but admit part of that might be personal bias.

seanbillsfan
08-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Reed will be in next year
there is no way. next years class is gonna be loaded

DraftBoy
08-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Reed will get in, but it may take awhile.

Tasker should, IMO, because he helped put special teams on the map. I agree with DB, also...the fact that Ray Guy isn't in already is a sham.

I think Hull is worthy but admit part of that might be personal bias.

If Tasker gets in befor Guy, Ill be one of the first to cry afoul. Bills fan or not, Guy has been screwed over by the committee. Tasker is not a more worthy player, imo. Doesn't mean I don't love him and what he did for the team. Just gotta put things in perspective.

thenry20
08-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Reed is a lock IMHO. How can the 2nd best receiver in league history be overlooked. At least that's where most of his major stats ended up when he retired. If he isn't in within the next 3 years the HOF is a ****ing joke!!!

BTW, I also believe Tasker belongs in there as well. He was the single player in all the NFL special teams coaches had to contain when gaming planning in this area very rarely occurred ( well compared to the other 2 phases of the game). 7 Pro Bowls mean nothing now???!!!

One last thing, Ruben Brown also deserves consideration even tho many here would not agree with me. I'm sorry but he was one of the best Guards in all of football when he played. Top 5 most definitely.

seanbillsfan
08-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Reed is a lock IMHO. How can the 2nd best receiver in league history be overlooked. At least that's where most of his major stats ended up when he retired. If he isn't in within the next 3 years the HOF is a ****ing joke!!!
i agree but i think its gonna be a few years before he get in

Billz_fan
08-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Yeah I want Reed in to, he will get there but I still think it takes a little time, consider these guys also, most of these are off the top of my head. Recievers not in the hall of fame but each can make a case for such IMO.

Cliff Branch
Andre Reed
Cris Carter
Wes Chandler
Otis Taylor
Mark Duper
Gary Clark
Dwight Clark

There are more

seanbillsfan
08-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Yeah I want Reed in to, he will get there but I still think it takes a little time, consider these guys also, most of these are off the top of my head. Recievers not in the hall of fame but each can make a case for such IMO.

Cliff Branch
Andre Reed
Cris Carter
Wes Chandler
Otis Taylor
Mark Duper
Gary Clark
Dwight Clark

There are more
jerry rice and tim brown are both eligible next year

Billz_fan
08-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Rice has to be a lock, Brown might draft his wake and get in , lol

seanbillsfan
08-09-2009, 06:38 PM
i think brown gets in before reed unfortunatly. probably carter too

Tatonka
08-09-2009, 06:47 PM

your back!

:goodpost:

Mr. Pink
08-09-2009, 07:22 PM

Cliff Branch
Andre Reed
Cris Carter
Wes Chandler
Otis Taylor
Mark Duper
Gary Clark
Dwight Clark

There are more

I don't think Reed is as big of a lock to get in soon as some people think...that list plus remember how long it took Art Monk to get his due? Could be a while to wait.

The next Bill to get in? I'll take a wild stab out of these three guys Dubenion, Gilchrist or Tom Day.

Mike13
08-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Maybe Steve Tasker.
and how the hell is Cris Carter not in yet?

chernobylwraiths
08-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Bledsoe.

Yeah, he probably has the numbers to make it. One superbowl, one ring (though he didn't do a lot that season.

chernobylwraiths
08-09-2009, 08:49 PM
your back!

:goodpost:

you're

losman2evans
08-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Reed
Hull
Tasker
Richter??
Reuben Brown?? ?? - not deserving but lots of pro bowls

Lexwhat
08-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Jeff Posey

DrGraves
08-09-2009, 09:38 PM
a shame that moulds didnt get to play on any good teams... if he had he would be in this convo.

justasportsfan
08-10-2009, 01:12 PM
After Reed gets in the HOF, whos next for us?

BJ Hobert

Historian
08-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Reed should go in eventutally, as should Tasker at some point.

All the focus on the AFL should help Tom Sestak's cause too.

Marvelous
08-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Hull.
-Is the Busquit elligible?
-No to Tasker. But that's because he's annoying in the booth. Well that and he is a special teamer.
--IMO Kent HUll is the last great one from that team. Busquit & Talley are 25 years later if ever.
-Moulds- nah

OH yeah,, Ruben Brown. He gets in IMO

Night Train
08-10-2009, 02:39 PM
All the focus on the AFL should help Tom Sestak's cause too.

I would like to think that myself but I don't think he played long enough. His prime run was only 5 years before his knees gave out. He was a shadow of himself the last 2 years. Still, he was the absolute best DL in the AFL during that time ( mid 1960's). A man among boys.

Safety George Saimes was the best open field tackler I ever saw and his hard hits were legendary. A former fullback who feared no man. He was named to the All-Time AFL team. He would have an outside shot with the veterans committee.