PDA

View Full Version : Same old Crap

trapezeus
08-09-2009, 08:57 PM
the defense can't get pressure, the QB's get more than enough time to dink and dunk us. And when we get stopped, the damned Titans special teams slaps us in the teeth.

The OL can't get running holes and levitre got bull rushed. Roscoe makes catches but dances so much behind the point of the catch that he runs out of energy.

NOt saying it can't get better, but this team looks exactly as bad as it was last year. i don't see any reason to believe the playoffs are close.

I just hate the jauron era to no end.

Go ahead and neg me. but the starters looked exactly where they left off. uninspired and outclassed. more negative plays than good plays.

BillsWin
08-09-2009, 09:02 PM
youre right. But its preseason. So Im hoping this is just a mistake. No huddle is pretty fun to watch. Edwards was doing well until Levitre got beasted into him.

mysticsoto
08-09-2009, 09:06 PM
the defense can't get pressure, the QB's get more than enough time to dink and dunk us. And when we get stopped, the damned Titans special teams slaps us in the teeth.

The OL can't get running holes and levitre got bull rushed. Roscoe makes catches but dances so much behind the point of the catch that he runs out of energy.

NOt saying it can't get better, but this team looks exactly as bad as it was last year. i don't see any reason to believe the playoffs are close.

Go ahead and neg me. but the starters looked exactly where they left off. uninspired and outclassed. more negative plays than good plays.

As long as we have dline starters like Kelsay, we will forever have a crappy dline. And Schobel didn't really do much either. They did ok in stopping the run, but what's the pt of running a cover 2 if they can't get to the qb?

On the Oline, I can't understand why Levitre got the LG position automatically. Wood is the better and stronger lineman. He should have gotten it. There's still time to switch them and I hope they do.

The Titans slapped the Bills STs in the face. April better do some yelling this week.

About the only bright thing I've seen is that Omon looks much better than last year. But that's a position we could care less about since we have depth galore. Unfortunately, Omon doesn't have a name yet, so we can't even dangle him for a trade.

Like you, I thought that was really disappointing. Yeah, Titans starters are good, but it does seem like we never improve year after year. And you can only blame the coaches for a problem like that...

ServoBillieves
08-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Also notice that the slant route continually gets the opponent easy yards? It's sad, but as long as this defensive line doesn't put it's damn hands up in the air, we're doomed to relive it.

THATHURMANATOR
08-09-2009, 09:10 PM
I am not going to worry about it.

trapezeus
08-09-2009, 09:10 PM
and if the bills have one more "*****slapping" special teams play run against us by the titans, i am going to lose it. sure, it's preseason so i didn't get that worked up, but when we see these clowns for a full 4 quarters, i can't see this team being competitive.

and whatever excuse we want to put on it, the team struck me like they were playing in their midlevel form when they lost at home to the 49ers.

THATHURMANATOR
08-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Wow calm down man.

Nighthawk
08-09-2009, 09:13 PM

You should...until Jauron and Perry Fool are gone, it won't change...no matter how hard you try to fool yourself.

trapezeus
08-09-2009, 09:18 PM
i'm calm. i'm accepting that the jauron incompetence has them behind the curve like usual. sure it's preseason, but they look exactly the same as the regular season. they can't get push on defense. passes are open. run stop isn't awful, but teams stop running because they have more success in the air. the offense is too plain and unimaginative. the OL can't get the run going. roscoe is brought out like its going to matter and he does nothing. the wide outs don't get the ball. no one knows why the TE's aren't involved.

this is the game plan for the last 3 years going on 4. Tell me why you think Jauron is going to magically turn this around in the 4 weeks when he hasn't in 3 years with the bills and all the other years that he ran teams (bears and lions) into the ground.

Mr. Miyagi
08-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Wow this is embarassing. Our 1st team doesn't look too good. If our D can't stop the Titans, I don't want to think about Monday night in New England under the national spotlight.

Mr. Miyagi
08-09-2009, 09:24 PM
TO already has that disgruntled look. Man this isn't going to be pretty.

ServoBillieves
08-09-2009, 09:31 PM
REGGIE TO DA HOUSE!

THATHURMANATOR
08-09-2009, 09:36 PM
You should...until Jauron and Perry Fool are gone, it won't change...no matter how hard you try to fool yourself.
Right but what am I fooling myself about? Why do I have to act like a maniac when the team doesn't do well? I watch to have fun. They lose that sucks but what can I do. I used to be insane and fly off the handle screaming etc but that was when I was like 15. Sure in the heat of a regular season game I may lose it a little but certainly not for a Pre Season game.

trapezeus
08-09-2009, 09:57 PM
but no one is losing it. it's just so disheartening that nothing has seemingly changed from last year. and most of us said this when they stuck with jauron.

i don't know how you have fun watching these teams. they just suck the energy right out of you. 9 years straight.

Nighthawk
08-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Right but what am I fooling myself about? Why do I have to act like a maniac when the team doesn't do well? I watch to have fun. They lose that sucks but what can I do. I used to be insane and fly off the handle screaming etc but that was when I was like 15. Sure in the heat of a regular season game I may lose it a little but certainly not for a Pre Season game.

I don't know, but I don't see anybody flying off the handle? I do, however, see people who are worried that this team is exactly the same as it has been for the past three years and it really sucks to think that this early in the preseason. Oh well...

trapezeus
08-09-2009, 10:04 PM
it's interesting that 3rd quarter pre season football still has players our DL guys unable to push to the qb. they get that initial push, and then nothing. is this a function of us being nothing but small guys, or are they just not conditioned enough or strong enough to finish a play. is that a conditioning thing? i don't know. but it's interesting that even our depth can't beat other teams' depth.

Mad Bomber
08-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Me neither.

paladin warrior
08-09-2009, 10:18 PM
It just a preseason game. I am not worry too . They will learn more... I hope Bills beat NE.. 28-12

Mr. Pink
08-09-2009, 10:19 PM
Words of wisdom from the great Paladin!

I was waiting to see his input.

Akhippo
08-09-2009, 10:43 PM
You have to acknowledge that the team has the same feel. Mediocre guys that have to use scheme and luck to win. The Titans just use athleticism and overpowered us. These are very vanilla game plans, but that accentuates that pure power and skill the other team has.

And watching all of our DE's putter out and get stoned on every play doesnt add hope to playing the Pats.

The overall bad feeling is that after Jauron is fired, we will have to overhaul our whole defense to one that is bigger and stronger and doesnt have to rely on schemes and gameplans all game long.

I do like the potential of the offense though. It will all hinge on the line. If the line gels, it looks like we should be off and running.

trapezeus
08-09-2009, 11:02 PM
it was sad that from starters to 3rd stringers, our line just pushed 5 yards and then gets held and their QB scans the field all day. and whenever we look like are finally getting to the QB, it was just a gimmick of over pursuit for their screen.

It was also sad that we over pursue on defense that makes us so susceptible to counters and bootlegs. take on the fact that getting turnovers is nearly impossible for this unit.

the offense is going to have to be perfect and they are goingn to have to score and score often.

if we had a better coach, i'd say, now we can work these kinks out. however, jauron doesn't ever change. he just hopes that his inadequate plans are good enough that one day they''ll defy logic and being a winning plan.
The end of jauron can't come soon enough.

dmosher12
08-10-2009, 01:10 AM
everyone has to understand there is one goal for this season. Get Jauron fired. Thats why TO was signed. They ain't going nowhere otherwise. Don't build hope for victory build hope for bye DJ.

Mitchell55
08-10-2009, 01:19 AM

Did you notice that our DL didnt do any stunts or anything? We never do in preseason. Also Maybin wasnt playing. Our OL looked decent aside from Levitre. We are also still missing Butler

Prov401
08-10-2009, 01:42 AM
Gruden, Billick, Dungy, Cowher, Schottenheimer, Shanahan, offer hope for 2010.

Night Train
08-10-2009, 02:58 AM
The Cover 2 D is an epic failure here. If this was a real game with the Titans starters, it's a blowout.

Schobel and Kelsay are collecting big $$ and doing absolutely nothing. Our best D player was Bryan Scott. Unfortunately, he plays Safety.

I'm an optimist by nature but I'm thinking that Ralph just doesn't care either way anymore and the team suffers while he saves $$ by keeping Jauron.

Billz_fan
08-10-2009, 03:22 AM
Gruden, Billick, Dungy, Cowher, Schottenheimer, Shanahan, offer hope for 2010.

Marty didn't look bad at the HOF ceremony Sat. night. He has some years left on him and although he has a horrible playoff record I think he could turn this team around the fastest. I don't think he would break the bank either. I have never liked Dick. I think this season is it for him if he doesn't produce. :pray:

Im gonna say it now and get it over with. I think the no huddle is gonna fail on a biblical level. We don't have the personel to do it. It puts alot of pressure on the QB and the CENTER also. Our rookie center.(I think Wood is gonna be a solid center btw) Kelly used to say all the time that Kent Hull was the most important part of making the no huddle go.

I think we are going to see alot of short drives, 3-4-5 and out. Which in turn is gonna give us horrible TOP and keep a defense on the field that just isn't capable (perhaps arguably) in a normal set up much less no huddle.

We did well with it in the 90's, However It was close at times but not 100% of our TOP. Not to mention we were practically fielding an all star team on both sides of the line. Even then we were often on the short end of TOP.

Collinsworth said tonight the Bills have not even used huddles in practice and they plan to use this full time. I did not hear this untill tonight. I guess being down here in FL I missed that memo.

So I guess if Dick decides in 5-6 weeks this is failing then what ? We start over ? We just wasted how many weeks learning signals at the line, formations, audibles etc ? It just doesn't make sense to me to commit this heavy to the no huddle without working it in slower and then working in the 100% diection "IF" comfort levels and succsess ensue and the offensive production is evident.

Couple last thoughts, Our starting QB has not played a full season so far. The no huddle is gonna be hard enough for him to run and execute with this personel. How in the hell is our back up gonna see us through 3-4 games running it if Trent goes down ? Also, I do realize there is a difference between no huddle and K-Gun/hurry up style no huddle however if you use to much time you may as well huddle. I ddin't clock tonights plays, thats next. lol

Historian
08-10-2009, 04:50 AM
This team stinks.

But we have TO!
Whoopie!

YardRat
08-10-2009, 05:06 AM
It's preseason.

Although many observations laid out in previous posts may hold true when the bullets start flying for real, it's still too early to pass too much judgement.

We're starting two rookies at G, and have the same DE's we've had for years...obviously both sides of the ball will struggle at times.

Jan Reimers
08-10-2009, 06:27 AM
It's early, but the lack of a pass rush and our dbs playing several yards off their receivers are far too similar to last year.

And our mindless overpursuit on the fake punt almost drove me into a heart attack. How the Hell can you not have some contain guys holding their positions, knowing that the Titans love trick plays and they're punting inside our territory?

X-Era
08-10-2009, 06:55 AM
This team stinks.

But we have TO!
Whoopie!

It doesnt stink... its preseason and we just dont know yet.

That said, we arent seeing enough push on either side of the line.

Stroud is getting llong in the tooth
Williams and Johnson never were going to be pocket collapsing studs
McCargo is a darkhorse if he can continue to progress, but he wont light up the league either
All of our DE's are undersized and cant get a bull rush.

Our OT's played well IMO
Hangartner looks like an average C, solid, but average
Wood looks like a good young prospect but he will make mistakes for sure
Levitre is green as the hills.

The Bills chose to go the draftee or cheapo route on the lines... well, then you can expect up and down play.

jamze132
08-10-2009, 07:12 AM
Did you notice that our DL didnt do any stunts or anything? We never do in preseason. Also Maybin wasnt playing. Our OL looked decent aside from Levitre. We are also still missing Butler
Man, you noticed Maybin wasn't playing too? Eh... he doesn't have a contract.

Jan Reimers
08-10-2009, 07:26 AM
Man, you noticed Maybin wasn't playing too? Eh... he doesn't have a contract.
Maybin's contract status is really beginning to bug me. You pick a very young, potentially great pass rusher, but the most raw, inexperienced guy in the draft. The one guy who needs every day of a longer-than-usual training camp to have any chance of contributing this year. Then, for whatever reason, you can't get him signed.

It gets harder and harder to support this team, at least in an optimistic way.

Historian
08-10-2009, 08:07 AM
The fake punt was like watching the Wild Card game all over again.

ZEUS
08-10-2009, 08:11 AM
I think it's those awful throwback uniforms. I just can't take them seriously in those things.

trapezeus
08-10-2009, 08:28 AM
watching the edwards interception and watching the guy pitch it slightly forward to bullock and watching him run 30 yards was also like that wildcard game.

you know what's stunning is that the bills always say they run a plain vanilla offense for the preseason, but the titans didn't. they ran a trick punt. they weren't afraid to show it in preason (most likely because they have 2 more derivations of it). and for all that vanilla we are eating now, it doesn't get any spicier when the regular season rolls around.

The defense needs to stop over pursuing everything and actually have the strength and size to push linemen all the way back. When will this boring football end?

psubills62
08-10-2009, 08:34 AM

I agree with you here. A couple of my thoughts:

1) I wasn't paying close attention, but I don't seem to remember the Bills blitzing very much last night. I'm hoping that Fewell is saving any blitzes for Week 1.

2) How many times are our DE's going to be covering TE's? I saw 3+ catches just from that mismatch alone. At least Chris Ellis did a decent job on Jared Cook, forcing him out of bounds right after the catch.

justasportsfan
08-10-2009, 08:37 AM
meh, as far as I'm concerned this was just a practice night since this was just another extra preseason game. The important thing is that there are no injuries to our major players.

jamze132
08-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Maybin's contract status is really beginning to bug me. You pick a very young, potentially great pass rusher, but the most raw, inexperienced guy in the draft. The one guy who needs every day of a longer-than-usual training camp to have any chance of contributing this year. Then, for whatever reason, you can't get him signed.

It gets harder and harder to support this team, at least in an optimistic way.
That's OBDs style. They pretty much already sold out the season, so what do they care about a winning product?

DMBcrew36
08-10-2009, 09:13 AM
meh, as far as I'm concerned this was just a practice night since this was just another extra preseason game. The important thing is that there are no injuries to our major players.

Yeah, it's hard to gauge much, at least on offense, when the starting offense is pulled after one series. Maybe Jauron doesn't have faith in the O-line keeping Edwards from getting killed just yet and wants them to get more practice before he leaves Edwards in for longer.

Our defense did look just as mediochre as last year, though.

baalworship
08-10-2009, 09:15 AM
This game should have been predicted. Titans actually practice and we play paddy cake with each other.

Here are my observations:

Chris Kelsay is garbage. How he is starting in the NFL when he can't put pressure on the QB is beyond me.

I was not impressed with Schobel either but I am not worried about him. As long as he is healthy he at least can rush the QB. Unfortunately he will not get any help unless Maybin steps up.

Our run defense looked better than expected but that might have more to do with scheme and the Titans taking what we gave them.

Our pass defense was awful and it starts with ZERO pressure from either the ends or tackles. Everyone on this board knew this was an issue and here we are again.

Edwards looked sharp for the few plays we saw and looked great when he had a pocket.

Fitzpatrick makes me want Losman back.

Our run blocking was poor.

justasportsfan
08-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Yeah, it's hard to gauge much, at least on offense, when the starting offense is pulled after one series. Maybe Jauron doesn't have faith in the O-line keeping Edwards from getting killed just yet and wants them to get more practice before he leaves Edwards in for longer..thats what I thought too. Why risk Edwards being in there with an OL thats completely revamped and rookies protecting him. Let those who need to try out and let Fitz take all the snaps too.

Our defense did look just as mediochre as last year, though.

yup, but I didn't expect them to push too hard or gameplan for this game either.