PDA

View Full Version : Levitre

lmcshadow
08-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Because im not at home to see the game...Just got a feed from a Chief fan...Levitre getting owned...What a blow....Cobwebs or what

THATHURMANATOR
08-09-2009, 09:28 PM
huh?

Mad Bomber
08-09-2009, 10:20 PM
He didn't look good tonight. Played too high. Poor leverage. No push in the running game.

But then, it's his first NFL experience.

On the bright side, Wood (who has the exact amount of NFL experience as Levitre) looked pretty good.

Hangartner got knocked backward a few times as well, but I'll take him over Melvin Fowler any day.

camelcowboy
08-09-2009, 10:36 PM
He didn't look good tonight. Played too high. Poor leverage. No push in the running game.

But then, it's his first NFL experience.

On the bright side, Wood (who has the exact amount of NFL experience as Levitre) looked pretty good.

Hangartner got knocked backward a few times as well, but I'll take him over Melvin Fowler any day. Dead on, watching the game from the stands our oline looks rough but no worse then last year. I really liked bell at right tackle.

Billz_fan
08-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Levitre's problems are correctable. He needs to be coached up on some stuff. Im more worried about how he got this far without someone not noticing he has some mechanical flaws etc. IE our coaches.

tampabay25690
08-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Ok how many thread will we see about Levitre?
Yea he had a bad game whoopie te do...

Billz_fan
08-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Ok how many thread will we see about Levitre?
Yea he had a bad game whoopie te do...

Wow, we are both Gators, Bills and Rays and in close proximity. Call me, we'll do lunch :D

TigerJ
08-09-2009, 10:49 PM
Edwards' fumble is at least partly on Levitre for letting himself get pushed all the way back into Edwards as he was throwing the ball. Didn't seem to get great push in the running game either. It's his first game though so he has time.

Owen DeBoard
08-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Edwards' fumble is at least partly on Levitre for letting himself get pushed all the way back into Edwards as he was throwing the ball. Didn't seem to get great push in the running game either. It's his first game though so he has time.
You mean interception right?

SABURZFAN
08-09-2009, 11:55 PM

BINGO!!!!!!

i was at the fence in the end zone of the scoreboard and that's exactly what i was seeing. i was about 30 yards away.

thenry20
08-10-2009, 12:01 AM
Because im not at home to see the game...Just got a feed from a Chief fan...Levitre getting owned...What a blow....Cobwebs or what

Youth and inexperience. But I expect the line as a whole to be ready by game 1 and not the middle of the season like Chris Brown expects. Or else we are screwed.

Lexwhat
08-10-2009, 12:11 AM
Levitre needs a lot of coaching, that's for sure. We need him to get as many reps as possible before the season starts. He played worse than I expected.

Hangartner played a bit worse than I thought he would, but he's definitely still an upgrade to Fowler/Preston.

Wood looks good (ahem).

Langston Walker? He was pitiful while run-blocking. I said it before and I'll say it again: Walker is not agile enough to play LT.

If Demetrius Bell can step up, this will be a huge bonus for us. In fact, we may need him.

Overall, our run-blocking looks as bad as it did last season. It's only pre-season, but this is not a good way to begin.

Mitchell55
08-10-2009, 01:03 AM
Hangartner, Bell, and Wood looked great

Night Train
08-10-2009, 02:50 AM
He didn't bend his knees at all.

Probably not indicative of his true talent but he needs lots of coaching.

don137
08-10-2009, 05:54 AM
I also agree with a lot of the opinions given. One other thing I notced is Walker seemed to be winded from the no huddle and had his hands on his hips and seemed to breathing very heavy. The no huddle is no good if all 11 players are not conditioned for it.

Hemlepp53
08-10-2009, 06:22 AM

Levitre **** the bed lastnights game. Wood was strong and aware of the games action. I expect a lot from Wood. Andy Levitre on the other hand needs to get simple things down like stance and the ability to get a stable foot in the ground.

DMBcrew36
08-10-2009, 06:28 AM
Oh well. The coaches and players will review the tape today and tomorrow and put it to work. I'm sure they'll use it to work on Levitre.

Jeff1220
08-10-2009, 06:55 AM
If Bell steps up, what are the chances that Butler could man the LG spot if Levitre continues to struggle? I know he is used to being on the right side.

Night Train
08-10-2009, 07:07 AM
If Bell steps up, what are the chances that Butler could man the LG spot if Levitre continues to struggle? I know he is used to being on the right side.
They'd stick McKinney in at Guard until Levitre is ready. We need Bell at one of the OT positions.

Turf
08-10-2009, 07:48 AM
Same old Bills team. Cannot convert 2nd-3rd and short, and cannot run the ball inside the 5 yrd line. This is the singlemost reason there has not been a playoff game in 10 years. If they can correct this, they become a good team. They need a big back as well as coach that can call the right play, and an offensive line that can push when needed.

justasportsfan
08-10-2009, 08:15 AM
Instead of helping Wood, Levitre went limp

billsfanone
08-10-2009, 08:47 AM

:lol:

mysticsoto
08-10-2009, 10:14 AM

I don't think he went limp...I think he just got...ahem...man-handled.

DarbyTheDinosaur
08-10-2009, 10:50 AM
Wow. For some reason, I am always surprised by the sheeple. Chris Collinsworth(less) decides he'll try to be the next John Madden by criticizing a rookie OL's first pro game action...suddenly, there is a wave of people who come up with the same comments.

No, Levitre did not look like a Pro bowler last night...in fact, far from it. However, he was a second round pick and I hope fans will give him at least the preseason to work out the issues.

The only thing worth watching last night was the Titans pulling off a very good trick play for a TD...but wasting it on a meaningless preseason game. What a bunch of tools.

Hemlepp53
08-10-2009, 10:55 AM
[QUOTE=DarbyTheDinosaur]No, Levitre did not look like a Pro bowler last night...in fact, far from it. However, he was a second round pick and I hope fans will give him at least the preseason to work out the issues.[QUOTE]

I understand completely, but he should at least look aware and show some strength.

DraftBoy
08-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Wow. For some reason, I am always surprised by the sheeple. Chris Collinsworth(less) decides he'll try to be the next John Madden by criticizing a rookie OL's first pro game action...suddenly, there is a wave of people who come up with the same comments.

No, Levitre did not look like a Pro bowler last night...in fact, far from it. However, he was a second round pick and I hope fans will give him at least the preseason to work out the issues.

The only thing worth watching last night was the Titans pulling off a very good trick play for a TD...but wasting it on a meaningless preseason game. What a bunch of tools.

Comments about Levitre's play are not only warranted but to be expected since he is our starting LG according to our HC and if we want to see our QB stay alive all season, he best start playing better. I havent seen anybody say they are giving up on him, but he has serious flaws that must be worked on.

As for your final comment, either you've never seen Fisher preseason game or just havent noticed it but he pulls a ST trick play every game of the preseason just about because it makes opposing teams review the tape of it. Its a genius move because the games mean nothing, and whether it works or not every team he plays will have to spend meeting time reviewing the tape of that play and how to defend it.

DraftBoy
08-10-2009, 10:56 AM
Hangartner, Bell, and Wood looked great

Nobody looked great, and nobody got any kind of a push.

Han got pushed into the backfield a few times, and Wood held up at the POA but got no push forward. Bell was the best OL last night imo.

justasportsfan
08-10-2009, 11:01 AM

by no means is anyone calling him a bust. We're just stating observations from last night.

MikeInRoch
08-10-2009, 11:03 AM
As for your final comment, either you've never seen Fisher preseason game or just havent noticed it but he pulls a ST trick play every game of the preseason just about because it makes opposing teams review the tape of it. Its a genius move because the games mean nothing, and whether it works or not every team he plays will have to spend meeting time reviewing the tape of that play and how to defend it.

I think it's beneficial to the teams he plays against in the pre-season. Hopefully it will wake up some of those guys who got embarrassed and will get them thinking for when it really matters.

DraftBoy
08-10-2009, 11:07 AM
I think it's beneficial to the teams he plays against in the pre-season. Hopefully it will wake up some of those guys who got embarrassed and will get them thinking for when it really matters.

Well Im willing to bet Bobby April is all over our ST's ass come tomorrow about missing that play.

HHURRICANE
08-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Did anyone watch the line play?

Wood was the only guy that actually played well. Bell was getting destroyed against the backups. Levitre was absolutely horrible.

Hangartner was better than you think because Levitre was so bad it was causing him problems. Walker is Walker.

We needed a Center. But classic OBD decided to destroy a line that was actually pass blocking pretty well last year. nice work.

justasportsfan
08-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Did anyone watch the line play?

Wood was the only guy that actually played well. Bell was getting destroyed against the backups. Levitre was absolutely horrible.

Hangartner was better than you think because Levitre was so bad it was causing him problems. Walker is Walker.

We needed a Center. But classic OBD decided to destroy a line that was actually pass blocking pretty well last year. nice work.

When is the Pats first preseason game? Hopefully soon so you can leave us bills fans alone.

Marvelous
08-10-2009, 02:06 PM
You didn't even see it/him & your posting a thread about him getting owned. LOSER!
I'll reserve till the end o' the last pre-season game. can't learn *** from a quarter-ish of play..

-Stupar looked good. Can't believe he got up fast after that creamation of a hit. cheapshot but still a mean hit./

Tatonka
08-10-2009, 02:55 PM
i don't think that walker played bad at LT at all last night and i went back and watched it on tivo a couple times.. he had one run play where he nearly drove the guy 15 yards into the sidelines.

yordad
08-10-2009, 05:24 PM
I think Levitre could benefit from a year with an NFL strength coach. But, he was almost fast (for a lineman) at times and I did see him throw a second level block or two. He might excel at pulling.

Maybe that one play was a straight up welcome to the NFL play. Teammates may not be that violent with each other in practice. But seriously, I guess I really wasn't watching him or rewinding things, but that was the only play I seen him get manhandled like that.

I was down on the pick at first. Especially with the trade up. Especially with Guards like Duke Robinson lasting until late 5th. And, especially not when we traded up for him.

I don't know what I was expecting, but I seriously want to see something good soon.

Marvelous
08-10-2009, 05:25 PM
I didn't even need to watch, err rewatch on DVR because NFLN was showing it.. Levitre was owned on that play he got bullrushed, but there we're T--W--O-- plays back -to- back prior that he held his own. Just sayin..

---Link to the official discussion thread please....?

OpIv37
08-10-2009, 05:29 PM
i don't think that walker played bad at LT at all last night and i went back and watched it on tivo a couple times.. he had one run play where he nearly drove the guy 15 yards into the sidelines.

the only complaint I had about Walker was on that sweep play to Lynch. Walker ran a little too far to the sideline and looked lost trying to find someone to block while 3 defenders encircled Lynch. Fortunately, Lynch is good and made something out of nothing.

Other than that one play, though, Walker looked fine.

yordad
08-10-2009, 06:24 PM
In fact, I had the Bills taking Levitre with a second in my sarcastic mock draft.

Sarcastic Mock (http://billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=2856421&postcount=10)

What I would have done (http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=2893434&highlight=draft#post2893434)